Borderlands 3

enter image description here

Banner by Sergi Brosa

Soooo it should be old news by now that Borderlands 3 will indeed be GearBox's next game.

Any thoughts? Will this have any tie-ins to Tales? Should there be any tie-ins? What would be some good ways to incorporate the events of tales?

Feel free to post anything, ranging from hype to speculation, below!

Comments

• Kinda curious about what's happening with most of the Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters. We only saw Zer0 in Tales, so I would like to see what the others are up to.

• Well, they at least confirmed that it's happening so...I'm excited.

• Let Scooper be canon 2k16

• I wonder who Scooper's mom would be....?

enter image description here

lottii-lu posted: »

Let Scooper be canon 2k16

• I hope we get to see more of Krieg and Maya. They've always been my favorites!

AkaJuiceb0x posted: »

Kinda curious about what's happening with most of the Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters. We only saw Zer0 in Tales, so I would like to see what the others are up to.

• Damn, unless that logo changes that 3, Im just going to think Im playing Street Lands 3.

• I would love to see some Children of Helios, like:

"What the hell are you people?"

creepy stare

"I'm gonna blow off your face, asshole."

creepier stare

• SERGI YOU MISLEADING BUNKER-NUNKNER.

Poogers555 posted: »

Damn, unless that logo changes that 3, Im just going to think Im playing Street Lands 3.

• I do really hope that we will see some Tales characters featured in BL3, especially Gortys and Loader Bot, maybe giving out side missions or something. I was hoping Fiona would be a playable Vault Hunter and, with Rhys being the new president of Atlas, we would have Atlas weaponry again, but I don't see that happening now. Maybe Sasha will be a Vault Hunter instead (if she is, no doubt I'm playing as her).

I'd imagine, with Helios gone, we won't have any Hyperion weaponry anymore, and obviously Scooter won't be around anymore, but maybe we will get Scooper, that could be funny.

• Isn't Hyperion still around?

I do really hope that we will see some Tales characters featured in BL3, especially Gortys and Loader Bot, maybe giving out side missions or

• I'm pretty sure Helios was it, most if not all of Hyperion's workforce and higher ups were on it, I always assumed Helios was the sort of headquarters of Hyperion. And even if wasn't, Atlas went out of business immediately following the events of BL1 after their attempts on Pandora failed, not hard to believe Hyperion would go down the same route, especially after losing a billion something dollar space station and most of their employees. Hyperion is most likely gone, but I guess we'll see in Borderlands 3.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Isn't Hyperion still around?

• I figured that the loss of Helios set them back majorley but I never thought they'd be completely eradicated because of it.

I'm pretty sure Helios was it, most if not all of Hyperion's workforce and higher ups were on it, I always assumed Helios was the sort of he

• And I never really thought Atlas would be completely eradicated after BL1, but it happened, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hyperion is gone now too.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I figured that the loss of Helios set them back majorley but I never thought they'd be completely eradicated because of it.

• Ooh the Children of Helios would be a great location to play at!

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I would love to see some Children of Helios, like: "What the hell are you people?" creepy stare "I'm gonna blow off your face, asshole." creepier stare

• There still is Opportunity, though!

And hey, if the Imperial First Order did it then so can Hyperion.

And I never really thought Atlas would be completely eradicated after BL1, but it happened, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hyperion is gone now too.

• edited April 2016

One of the ECHO eye scans in Episode 5 says that the Vault Hunters in BL2 "tea bagged it into nothingness," which sounds like Hyperion gave up on it.

There still is Opportunity, though! And hey, if the Imperial First Order did it then so can Hyperion.

• I... actually never thought about that... shit.

AkaJuiceb0x posted: »

I wonder who Scooper's mom would be....?

• FUCKING HYPE MATE!

Hope all the prev vault hunters return! I want Maya back shes my fav!

To quote ????? (The Watcher) "Now is not the time for bickering.Vault Hunters. War is coming. And you will need all the Vault Hunters you can get." Cut to Black.

• It canonically would not make sense if atlas weapons don't come back. TFTB is canon so they have to, maybe not mass produced but they have to be there.

I do really hope that we will see some Tales characters featured in BL3, especially Gortys and Loader Bot, maybe giving out side missions or

• Well, I'd really love to see the cast of TftB in BL3. at least as NPCs. I hope Gearbox will uses these amazing characters somehow.

Also I'd like to see 6 person co-op. And more character interactions between Vault hunters and NPCs (this is something I loved about the Pre-Sequel) or even between themselves, that'd be even better. :D

• Wasn't Atlas weaponry still around in Borderlands 2?

Speaking of Atlas, I have a feeling that we are going to see Atlas stationed somewhere in Pandora. Maybe at one of the Edens? Rhys did mention he have something there in Episode 1.

• I didn't know it before but judging by the comments in this thread tftb is canon so there has to be references they will propably just be easter eggs maybe a "xxx will remember that" or something along those lines.

Where does tales fit in the borderlands story is it between 2 and 3?

• That 3 is some retro trash right there son

Poogers555 posted: »

Damn, unless that logo changes that 3, Im just going to think Im playing Street Lands 3.

• edited April 2016

Nope, there are no Atlas (or S&S Munitions) weapons of any kind (guns, grenade mods, shield, etc.) found in Borderlands 2, nor are there any in The Pre Sequel. Instead, they were replaced with Bandit (BL2) or Scav (TPS) weapons.

Wasn't Atlas weaponry still around in Borderlands 2? Speaking of Atlas, I have a feeling that we are going to see Atlas stationed somewhere in Pandora. Maybe at one of the Edens? Rhys did mention he have something there in Episode 1.

• Maya is amazing, I really love her and those powers so cool. Gaige is my #2.

I hope we get to see more of Krieg and Maya. They've always been my favorites!

• enter image description here

Also I really hope like in Borderlands 2 when the BL1 vault hunters were NPC's they would do that in BL3 with the BL2 characters

• As long we get Salvador in all his short glory, I'm down.

Duck_Hunt posted: »

Also I really hope like in Borderlands 2 when the BL1 vault hunters were NPC's they would do that in BL3 with the BL2 characters

Sign in to comment in this discussion.