Did you stand up or stay down?

Did you stand up to Gryff or submit to him?

I got up every fucking time. It felt so damn good to stand up to that little shit.

Comments

• Standing up is the only choice. There are no repercussions and it looks so awesome.

'You know what they did to me at the Twins? Shred my face, put their swords through me, tried to smash my skull open. But they couldn't kill me. And you're not the man to finish the job.'

• That's the exact same line I used :D

Standing up is the only choice. There are no repercussions and it looks so awesome. 'You know what they did to me at the Twins? Shred my

• I didnt get up. I didnt see why I should. Let him think he has won and then fuck him up later. ;)

• I stayed down because I thought he was going to kill Talia

• Stood up every time. You get such an awesome scene for doing so. =D

• Stood up. Because Rodrik's a boss.

• edited May 2016

I stayed down but when I found out that it all ends the same, I replayed and stood up.

• Indeed he is.

Killah posted: »

Stood up. Because Rodrik's a boss.

• I stood up, I wasn't going to give Gryff the satisfaction.

• I stood up. No way Rodrik, the Lord of the House, was going to get pushed around by a fourthborn

• Stood up. I wasn't gone let that pig nosed shit get the satisfaction

• I stayed down to protect Talia... and it's probably the most regrettable decision I've ever made in the game.

And my life.

• Standing up felt like the only real choice... such a powerful scene if you do

• Honestly, I got caught up in the moment, I felt that the smart thing was to stay down but the scene was so epic that I couldn't pick anything other than stay down.

• The only reason why I stayed down, it was because I cared more about Talia's safety than my own pride. I probably should have got up, but my motivations were clear.

It is funny that standing up counts as Blue toward the Cunning Strategy and Unwavering Conviction. I thought this option counted as Red.

• Stood up and I'm so glad I did. Rodrik standing up to Gryff is one of the most powerful scenes in the game.

• Stood up. No one bosses me around. Gryff is such a dick

• That might be a mistake because it doesn't make much sense to me either.

The only reason why I stayed down, it was because I cared more about Talia's safety than my own pride. I probably should have got up, but my

• I stayed down, although if I could change it I would.

• Stood up, cause Royland almost died trying to protect my pride. If he is willing to sacrifice his life, then why would I dishonor him?

Yeah I cared more about my soldiers and knights who died or would die for me, compared to my family. Honor is all there is in the North, and when you lose it, you lose... Eventually

• I stood up for the same purpose many stayed down, to protect Talia. I'm pretty convinced it just doesn't work the way Duncan tells it. Gryff is afraid, otherwise he wouldn't try so hard to make us to look and act weak. He must be, he may have soldiers, but he sleeps and eats in enemy house, I'm not sure why we could't poison his men as an option, Forresters do have maester, better to make use of him. Now, the weaker and more frightened we are, the more bad things he can do to us and not be gelded in his sleep, but deep down he knows we're neither, might as well show Gryff we know it too and we won't tolerate bullying. Not from him, not from his nose wart, not from his goons.

The most powerful scene in the game, IMO.

• Stayed down. I worried more about the house then my pride.

• Didn't see the point in standing down. Other than pleasing Ms Whitehill, what good would have came from it??? I agree with TG, the weaker we appear, the harder it will be for us.

• I was in the moment and stayed down because he was threatening Talia, and also fell for the whole "get on Gryff's good side" thing. Watching the standing up scene in other playthroughs though, I wish I had stood up.

• Exactly

The only reason why I stayed down, it was because I cared more about Talia's safety than my own pride. I probably should have got up, but my

• "Get up Rodrik"
    "Stand down my Lord"
    "Will it be you, or will it be... her?"
    Me: "Oh no"
    "I'll stand down"
    Plus I wanted the fuck to chill out. Make him think he's won. To then trike when ready. Ruthlessly. And so did I too, when I jabbed his eye :D
    This should count as strategic. Playing the badass while youre weak is never smart, especially when it doesn't fool anyone.

• Stood up. That scene defines what it means to be a Forrester. Long live Rodrik The Unbreakable! Iron From ice!

• Iron from Ice!

Chusets posted: »

Stood up. That scene defines what it means to be a Forrester. Long live Rodrik The Unbreakable! Iron From ice!

• In the whole franchise, too.

Pipas posted: »

Stood up and I'm so glad I did. Rodrik standing up to Gryff is one of the most powerful scenes in the game.

• For the purpose of reviving this.

In my first playthrough, I stood down as my Rodrik wanted peace and Duncan was the sentinel so it only made it logical in the sense of RP to stay down.

However in my second playthrough I made my Rodrik an impatient but honorable man who would stop at nothing to keep the dearest safe. Even if it meant being a cripple.

Cant say that I liked one option over the other however definitely more play value by standing up.

• Stood up. I was suprised like 70% stayed down like dogs and idiots. I woulda thought i would have been in the majoirty when it came to standing uup-but i wasnt

• Stand up gryff is a dochuebag

• On that moment Ironrath(now too) was hopeless,the moral of people during Whitehill occupation was low.
    The enemy was there you had no army or militia to make a little counterattack.
    All that was left was Rodrik's action on the situation choosing to betray your people(and for what in the end?Nothing at all)or showing strenght to raise them up and carry the fight to the enemy.
    Like a wise man once said:"Only cowards and dead men roll over"

• I stayed down, cause I trusted Gwyn to give Gryff false satisfaction.

But after reading the comments, I guess i should've got up.. :D

• Never trust a whitehill :(

rabbitrun posted: »

I stayed down, cause I trusted Gwyn to give Gryff false satisfaction. But after reading the comments, I guess i should've got up..

• I stayed down in my first play through; regretted it, but I was determined to keep Rodrick as a 'peaceful' guy. For my second play through I stood up as my Rodrick was a bad *** ready to kill every Whitehill he came across.

Yep- I will say I much prefer the stand up route. :)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.