• Gared
    • The Hound
    • Beskha
    1. Asher Forrester

2. Rodrik Forrester

3. Jon Snow

4. The Hound

5. Beskha

1. Asher (duh he will jump at Bronn and kill him in a min or two.)
    2. Rodrik (he could probably outsmart tormund.)
    3. Jon Snow ( only if Gared got lucky and took Jon down.)
    4. The Hound ( if Harys got helmet on then I think two of them will get hurt but Harys will end up winning.)
    5. Beskha (she is going to defeat Brennie without a doubt.)
  • edited May 2016
    1. Is a tough one. In the end I'd side with Asher, seeing as he's just a little more ferocious, but it truly can go both ways.
    2. Rodrik, without the fight being life-threatening
    3. Jon Snow, again without the fight being too difficult for him, although I might be underestimating Gared Turtle.
    4. Harys might be a tough fucker, but the Hound is one the "Westerosi Greats" (self-invented term), so it too wouldn't be a biggie
    5. Beshka has the upper hand, as she'd fight dirty while also being 3x faster than Brienne. It would be a rough battle though.
  • edited May 2016

Cmon guys stop lying to yourselves.

Bronn

Tormund

Jon

Sandor Clegane

(Except this one) Beskha

• Bronn

Tormund

Jon

Hound

Beskha

• Tormund fights like a wilding. Rodrik learnt, was trained by a master at arms.
    Bronn is simply good because he uses his speed against "heavy" people such as Ser Vardys. Asher uses the same things, was also trained, and know to fight dirty just as Bronn.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Cmon guys stop lying to yourselves. Bronn Tormund Jon Sandor Clegane (Except this one) Beskha

• In my opinion, Asher fights too emotionally. I feel like if Bronn calls him a bastard a couple times and then curses his fathers name, he'll charge inattentively and boom, knife to the throat.

And also Bronn taught us pretty early that royal sword training from a master at arms (or anyone) is not what will win you a fight. I mean Tormund was destroying most of the Nights Watch and almost killed Alistar before he was finally subdued by hella arrows.

Don't underestimate the scrappy and unpolished.

Euron posted: »

Tormund fights like a wilding. Rodrik learnt, was trained by a master at arms. Bronn is simply good because he uses his speed against "hea

• You're praising Bronn's skills way too much imo.

And also Bronn taught us pretty early that royal sword training from a master at arms (or anyone) is not what will win you a fight.

In real life it's what will make you win a fight. Being experienced does change a thing. A man fighting with bad skills and bad armor won't survive; that's why Mormont wanted to fight Wildings with his raid while outnumbered.

In my opinion, Asher fights too emotionally. I feel like if Bronn calls him a bastard a couple times and then curses his fathers name, he'll

1. It could go either way, but I think Bronn has more experience so he probably has the edge.

2. Rodrik. Though Tormund isn't an easy one, but Rodrik is a talented fighter and his armor gives him the advantage.

3. Jon. Gared is not bad, but Jon is a beast with the sword.

4. The Hound. Harys could have a chance to surprise, but Sandor is in the top 5 of Westeros when he isn't injured.

5. Again, this could go either way. Brienne has a better armor, but Beskha is faster. Well, let's give this one to Beskha.

• Ok I might be. Maybe I just like the bastard ;)

But the Tormund and Rodrik fight, you don't think a wildling would prevail? Especially the way he's shown his skills already. They took him down like a bear and he's already ready for the next fight.

Also we are talking before the fight at the twins right? Cause that's a huge advantage for Tormund if it isn't.

Euron posted: »

You're praising Bronn's skills way too much imo. And also Bronn taught us pretty early that royal sword training from a master at arms

• edited May 2016

1.Asher

2.Rodrik

1. Jon

2. The Hound

3. Beshka

• Honestly I would be more sure on the issue with Rodrik vs Tormund than Asher vs Bronn which would be a close fight. Also Rodrik kicked some ass in the end of S1, even if injured. I think he would prevail on Tormund, yes.

Ok I might be. Maybe I just like the bastard But the Tormund and Rodrik fight, you don't think a wildling would prevail? Especially the

1. Bronn. He's a sly bastard and aims for kill, won't be his first cocky highborn
    2. Probably Rodrik
    3. Jon.
    4. Hound, I think he would grab Harrys by those stupid horns and smash his nose against a knee
    5. Beshka (goto 1)
  • edited May 2016
    1. Bronn, but it'll be a tough fight.

2. Now THIS is a fight! What a matchup! I honestly cannot decide. Rodrik has been trained by a professional and has been shown to be able to take a shitload of punishment and has fought and killed a man nearly twice his size. But Thormund has grown up in the harsh world beyond the wall and has fought to survive since he was a kid. He also supposedly f*cked a bear once so yeah....

3. Jon with little difficulty

4. The Hound, easily.

5. Beskha but Brienne will pose to be a tough opponent.

1. Asher FOrrester - Bronn is a good fighter, he has proven time and time again that he can fight people with knight training and win, with his cheecky sneaky and fast figthing style. Asher has a mixture of strenght, experiecne and speed that Bronn doesn't have, an Asher can be as or evne more sneaky and cheecky than Bronn. But like we have seen in the Tv show Bronn understands tht he can't fight opponents that don't unerestimate him and have lots of training, I mean he refused to fight The mountain because the mountain has that ruthlessness in figthing that Bronn doesn't have, Bronn fights for fun as The mountain fights to win against everyone no matter who, and Asher has that too, Asher completly delivers EVERYTHING he has in every single fight and wouldn't hold back for Bronn so like Bronn said about the mountain he could dance like a fairy around him but only took one blow for him to win, I think taht applies to Asher and THe mountain, and is harder to dance around Asher because he really fast.

2. Tormund Giantsbane - Rorick has shown taht he's a great fighter even when he's injured, and Tormund is the leader of the wildlings wich meas he has fought really scary stuff north of the wall, so this would be a battle of tecnhichal figthing vs survival figthin. Now if this was pure techinc vs survival, I woul say Rorick would win, but Tormund isn't just survival he has that mixture of survival and tecnich that makes him a really good fighter. So I would say Tormund would win this just because of that survival instinct he has. I'm guessing this is a battle not to the death but you know a tournamente, because to the death ROdrick would also have that survival instinct.

3. Jon SNow - I don't think this is too hard, Gare has shown he can fight good enough but he's that good, I mean Jon Snow has the stark men training. Jon snow has fought white walkers, murderes in the wall and wildlings. Gare has also fought some of those but not to the same degree. Gared is a good enough fighter to survive some fights against weaker, injured or distracted opponents but Jon can fight most powerful fighters and woul win against Gared easily.

4 . The Hound - AH AH Harys is awesome at fighting and experienced, but I don't think we can compare him to The mounstrosity that is the Hound, THe Hound is Bigger, stronger an younger than Harys. Also The Hound from his personal experience has lost a lot of battles against his older brother so he knows what he has to do to not loose a battle. I mean I think this battle from all of the comparasions mae would be the most unbalanced, Harys doesn't have the speed to "dance aorund The Hound like a fairy" (yeah again, I love this quote from Bronn :P ) so he would just eventually get hit hard and go down.

5 . Beskha - Two fo the best female fighters in ASoIaF, Brienne has the knight's training, the knight's honour code of battle and the strenght of The Hound (more or less) but Beskha is just crazy, I mean I'm not saying that every slave fighter wins against knights, because most woul even loose, most slave fighters don't have the mental skills to win against trained smart knights, like Jaime or Brienne, but Beskha has that intelligence that others lack. Both would study each other but I think Beskha has the kind of skills needed to beat Brienne, Brienne can't be beaten by strenght but by intelligence and skill and Beskha has that.

1. Asher - This is a close one. As far as fighting style goes, both Asher and Bronn are actually very similar: fast, ruthless and sneaky. They also have similar experience as Sellswords. But I'd have to base this fight off the past few years. Bronn has been in Westeros (mainly King's Landing) and at worst has to face cocky lordlings or a few basic footsoldiers, whereas Asher has spent his life recieving an excellent education is fighting at Ironrath and has spent the last four years in Essos fighting against and alongside some of the toughest scum to crawl out the sand pits of Slaver's Bay. Even in the books, Bronn's main concern recently was Lollys Stokeworth's brother-in-law. He barely even had to try to kill that guy. So I'd say if Bronn's getting complacent he might not see Asher coming quite as hard and fast as he would.

2. Rodrik - This one is tough for a different reason; Rodrik and Tormund are just so different. Rodrik has proved he can take a lot of punishment and keep coming back for more, Ortengryn even points out he's managed to make nearly a full recovery from wounds that would have killed lesser men. Tormund meanwhile has fought giants and bears and the gods only know what beyond the wall. Despite it all, Rodrik has the better gear and more advanced training. It would be a close one but Rodrik at his peak would likely be the victor.

3. Jon Snow - I think Gared has proven that he should never be underestimated, the people who've made that mistake, such as Britt or Finn, usually wind up regretting it. Despite being just a "pig farmer" Gared is a trained squire, experienced in a range of weaponary and clearly smarter than people give him credit. But his biggest advantage - being underestimated - wouldn't work on Jon Snow, who not only has training that far outmatches Gared, but has seen the guy training in the yard and views him as a brother and equal anyway. Jon Snow is perhaps the worst possible opponent Gared could go up against since he won't be caught off guard like anyone else.

4. The Hound - This is an easy one. The Hound is about the same size as Harys - in the books at least, Tv Show he might be like a head shorter - just a strong, faster, younger and probably has more experience. Sandor Clegane is one of the elite fighters is Westeros who got taken down because of an infected injury (in the books quite literally and in the tv shows because it meant he was at a natural disadvantage).

5. Beskha - I think Beskha would have her work cut out for her, but Beskha just has a ruthlessness to her that I feel Brienne lacks. In the books especially, Brienne admits the first time she's killed someone is Book 4 and is bound to her code of honour. The Tv series treats her slightly differently and she certainly isn't unafraid of fighting dirty (like biting the Hound) but Beskha still trumps her on this. Also, Brienne would lose for the same reason Gared does: every opponent she's ever faced sees her as a woman and underestimates her clear skill. Beskha though would not give her this advantage and therin lies the reason why Beskha would win.

• Bronn. He is more experient, has everything that Asher has and even more. Asher is not too good at keeping his cool.

Rodrik. He is tough enough. It would be hard, but he would have that done.

Gared. I believe that boy will be the "greatest swordsman ever saw".

The Hound. Harys was simply no match for someone who could have taken The Mountain.

Brienne. I have not seen a better female fighter than Brienne.

• edited May 2016

Asher vs Bronn: Asher. He is clearly faster. Look at the begiining of E2 or E6 ending as asher with the ambush. He transforms fighting into some sort of badass looking art.
    Rodrik. Clearly the man know how to fight well enough to win that.
    Jon or Gared? Hard to tell. E1 Gared has no chance. E6 Gared could beat Jon, but just barely. jon is a real badass.
    The Hound. Barely. Harys was more of a huge, strong man than an artist in fighting. He uses brute force. But that ain't skill. The Hound is almost as good as Brienne. And Brienne is slightly better than the Kingslayer. So the Hound must be as good as the kingslayer, and that one killed 10 northmen before getting taken down. So could the Hound, probably. But I hardly think Harys vs 10 men survives. Even lady Forrester could stab him, that was 2 vs 1, not 10 soldiers vs 1.
    Beskha is better than Brienne in speed. Yet an armored Beskha vs an armored Bienne is a different thing, as Beskha is a light fighter that dodges. Her fighting style is not heavy-armour compatible, and as such she would have issues hurting Brienne with her small Swords. I'd say armored with greatsword vs greatsword, Brienne beats Beskha. Dual wield vs dual wield, Beskha wins. Dual wield Beskha vs Brienne... Hard to tell. Beskha would hit Brienne, but her Essosi Swords are armor inefficient. Oathkeeper is sort of a heavy blade, too slow to hit Beskha. In the end Beskha could get the upper hand, unless she gets hit, and without armor, she's done, while Brienne can get hit and be ok.

• edited July 2017

Reviving this post which I never see before...

1. Bronn wins.The Lord of Stokeworth moves like a panter and is a long hardened killer,the experience as a sellsword plays a major role here...Plus no offense to Asher but he wouldn't endure marrying Lollys.

2.Rodrik wins.Maybe is my little fanboy speaking loud but Rodrik is a legend on the War of the Five Kings,feared among Lannister e and survivor of the Red Wedding.What had Tormund done?Being a husband to bears...It's not really that fought fucking Maege Mormont.

3.The bell rings for the bastard.Jon Snow had been trained by Ser Rodrik Cassel since his early youth not to mention all his time fighting Wildlings,Wights,White Walkers...Gared has never received such a training he is good but lacks more experience.

4.The Hound wins.As someone have mentioned before The Hound is bigger and younger than Harys,Harys felt in an opened combat by Rodrik/Asher back on episode 6 because he was too cocky and played around a lot.The Hound does not wonder he kills.

5.Beskha wins.Well on the last times Brienne's major victories were produced with a major disadvantage on her foes...Such as when he beat the hound injured and killed Show Mannis hiding on a bush.Beshka actually killed people by her own merit and she earned her freedom as a slave fighting.That's the point.

• Let's not forget oberyn who could have beaten the mountain if it wasn't for his emotions getting the better of him

Sign in to comment in this discussion.