Monkey Island Treasure Hunting!

Comments

• edited August 2009
    The treasure hunt coupon codes are good until December 31st.
  • edited August 2009
    Thespis wrote: »

Now to hope that SaM S3 comes out till then and / or the coupons are valid for them, what I would't think.

btw. I said I could be wrong :D
  • edited August 2009
    Sanin92 wrote: »
    Now to hope that SaM S3 comes out till then and / or the coupons are valid for them, what I would't think.

btw. I said I could be wrong :D

I have a feeling that you won't be able to use the codes with S&Ms3.

I could also be wrong but it would be losing TTG a lot of revenue if everyone who bought ToMI gets S&Ms3 for half price. Where as they dont mind so much on seasons already available as its quite likely these will be extra purchases, if that makes sense.
  • edited August 2009
    :( Was saving my coupun untill S&M season 3, just hope we CAN use them on S&M S3 then :)
  • edited August 2009
    I think it would be very mean of Telltale to cut off their loyal fans that already have all/most of the other games by forcing them to only buy with the coupons games already released.
  • edited August 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I think it would be very mean of Telltale to cut off their loyal fans that already have all/most of the other games by forcing them to only buy with the coupons games already released.

the problem is, you don't get a coupon only if you buy MI, you get one for playing the demo.And that would be giving away Sam ans Max for half the price to everyone, big loss for them.
  • edited August 2009
    Hey guys!

I might need a small recap here because I don't know which maps are out and which aren't.

I am playing the PC version and I have maps 1, 2, 7 and 8.

I got maps 1 and 2
    directly from the game
    Map 7 from
    the Interloper.
    Map 8 from
    both the MI wiki and the mixnmojo website.
    (still haven't dug out this one yet).

Am I missing any maps?

Thanks a lot!

B
  • edited August 2009
    Sanin92 wrote: »
    the problem is, you don't get a coupon only if you buy MI, you get one for playing the demo.And that would be giving away Sam ans Max for half the price to everyone, big loss for them.
    And in theory, everyone can get the coupon by fiddling with the tiki. Telltale would be shooting themselves in the foot if they'd offer their future games for half price to everyone.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Bombadil wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I might need a small recap here because I don't know which maps are out and which aren't.

I am playing the PC version and I have maps 1, 2, 7 and 8.

I got maps 1 and 2
    directly from the game
    Map 7 from
    the Interloper.
    Map 8 from
    both the MI wiki and the mixnmojo website.
    (still haven't dug out this one yet).

Am I missing any maps?

Thanks a lot!

B
    Nope, no missing maps.
  • edited August 2009
    Haggis wrote: »
    And in theory, everyone can get the coupon by fiddling with the tiki. Telltale would be shooting themselves in the foot if they'd offer their future games for half price to everyone.

But that is what they did. There are no limitations written, besides not being able to buy TOMI with the code. If they don't want the coupon to be used, they shouldn't have given it away.
  • edited August 2009
    Lord-z wrote: »
    But that is what they did. There are no limitations written, besides not being able to buy TOMI with the code. If they don't want the coupon to be used, they shouldn't have given it away.

But they wanted to use it, they just won't want on newer games.
  • edited August 2009
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    Nope, no missing maps.

Thanks!
  • edited August 2009
    Lord-z wrote: »

I think it's reasonable enough, allowing you to use it on new stuff would lose them a lot of money, but allowing you to go back and buy something might get you interested in one of their other series'.

Sucks if you already own everything, but 50% is a lot. You could always give it to a friend?
  • edited August 2009
    I think the 50% off coupons are a great idea! Telltale has gained many new fans and followers thanks to the release of Tales of Monkey Island and now this allows these new fans to try out the other games that Telltale has to offer by allowing them to buy the games for half the price when they wouldn't normally buy them for the full price! This can lead to fans really getting into a particular series (Sam & Max for example) and purchasing all future seasons as well as other merchandise! Genius, Telltale!
  • edited August 2009
    Is it true that you'll get 2x the same 50% off coupons (IKKPTOO and OWCHEE)?
  • edited August 2009
    Eagle wrote: »
    Is it true that you'll get 2x the same 50% off coupons (IKKPTOO and OWCHEE)?

Yep, I got two!
  • edited August 2009
    Yep, I got two!

You got 2 the same couponcodes or 2 uniques ones...?
  • edited August 2009
    should be the same code for two maps, so you can only get the "50% off season" prize once..
  • edited August 2009
    Thespis wrote: »

Where did you read this? Is it official?
  • edited August 2009
    Where did you read this? Is it official?
    Yes. See this post in the Support forum. It was also quoted earlier in this thread.
  • edited August 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    should be the same code for two maps, so you can only get the "50% off season" prize once..

Thanks ^^ then it's not a bug :( too bad :P
  • edited August 2009
    Wait-how do you get the code for the map in the Interloper? I'm confused and I've played through the 1st game obsessively trying to find it!
  • edited August 2009
    ted12 wrote: »
    Wait-how do you get the code for the map in the Interloper? I'm confused and I've played through the 1st game obsessively trying to find it!

The Interloper is the name of the Telltale newsletter that they send you via email. If you haven't signed up yet then you missed it. Sorry.:(
  • edited August 2009
    except that the link has been posted in this thread several time...don't know if these are still working, but give it a try.
  • edited August 2009
    Can someone post the codes please?
  • edited August 2009
    UUUUUUH MY GOD!!!, i just realised that the 50% off codes apply not only to ONE episode and ONE season, but to EVERY episode and EVERY season in your cart. I'm so glad i've only bought tales and sam&max season 1 by now. So actually these two coupons are like ONE BIG FAT 50%-OFF COUPON!! :eek:

Thank you, Telltale! Thank you so much!

*passingout*

@PWB1:
    Come on, that would be a little bit unfair against those people who found the maps /found out the codes by themselves, wouldn't it?.... And it's really not THAT hard.... took me ten minutes or so....
  • edited August 2009
    Cyphox wrote: »
    UUUUUUH MY GOD!!!, i just realised that the 50% off codes apply not only to ONE episode and ONE season, but to EVERY episode and EVERY season in your cart. I'm so glad i've only bought tales and sam&max season 1 by now. So actually these two coupons are like ONE BIG FAT 50%-OFF COUPON!! :eek:

Thank you, Telltale! Thank you so much!

*passingout*

They do? Wow, that is very generous of TellTale! I'm glad I didn't use my codes yet then, I'd better check the store again :)
  • edited August 2009
    aww, the only games i haven't bought yet are texas hold 'em and bone...and somehow they don't count as seasons. i already spent the episode code..
    ...sucks to be me.
  • edited August 2009
    i only have 2 maps the first two from the first episode....have more been released?
  • edited August 2009
    Yes, you should have two more... Just search this thread and you'll find useful links. :)
  • edited August 2009
    Any news on more treasure for Chapter 2? :confused:
  • edited August 2009
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Any news on more treasure for Chapter 2? :confused:

There won't be any, it's a chapter 1 only thing, Jake said it once.

and btw. how would you imagine treasure maps in a chapter without jungle / treasure puzzles?
  • edited August 2009
    the treasure hunt game itself will only take place in episode 1, since there is also only a demo for that episode and the game mechanics for it are probably missing from the others...

...if you collect a prize from treasure hunt, there is text on that page stating that there will be "new prizes all season long!". so, i hope we will get some treasure hunting before the third episode.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2009
    I'm betting that that will happen after the Episode 2' Wii release.
  • edited August 2009
    that may be true. would it be possible that downloading the second episode adds new maps to episode one?
  • edited August 2009
    wisp wrote: »
    that may be true. would it be possible that downloading the second episode adds new maps to episode one?

Nope :(
  • edited August 2009
    I can say one thing: Chapter 1 text resources have 15 map names. Therefore, something concerned C1 TH may still appear.
  • edited August 2009
    freakazoid wrote: »
    The Interloper is the name of the Telltale newsletter that they send you via email. If you haven't signed up yet then you missed it. Sorry.:(

I've gotten the map-I need to find out how to get the combination.
  • edited September 2009
    Well I just got chapter 2 wiiware, and there was no treasure hunt page, but the little sign that says treasure hunting was there, just without the word treasure hunt. I havent beaten it yet, but I am guessing you MAY unlock it after you beat the game, but probably not.
  • edited September 2009
    PWB1 wrote: »
    Can someone post the codes please?

See here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949
Sign in to comment in this discussion.