Does it bother you when Youtubers get early access to games?

2»

Comments

• Not for me because by allowing certain people to play the game earlier and to review it gives me an idea If I want to buy and play the game myself.

• Nah, then again I don't subscribe to anyone that makes spoilery video titles. It's nice to have videos ahead of time to know if you want to get a game or not, and if a YouTuber you like is playing a game early, then you get an entertaining video in addition to actually seeing gameplay footage ahead of time.

• I honestly think it BS. I've been waiting for a game to release (every single TTG game) and pre-order it ASAP and still have to deal with youtubers getting the game early, games they probably don't even enjoy, and spoil it in their thumbnail and title. I think telltale should make a system that treat their loyal fans by giving them early access to games they already have.

• Yeah, last April, the day before episode 4 of the walking dead season 3 came out, this one youtuber put a major character death on their thumbnail. I wasn't even checking out his channel, it was on recommended videos. That youtuber was a full on idiot and moron.

• I completely agree YouTubers should not get Early Access for game products or the game itself unless they pay money for the product like everybody else. Most YouTubers whenever they get Early Access for a particular game they barely even play the game they only get Early Access because their name is attached to the words YouTube or twitch.
    I mean of course I understand the purpose of it for companies to give more public relations for their upcoming game or expansion for advertisement purposes. However there are people who pay over hundreds of dollars just to get the gold or ultimate edition of a video game these people should be entitled to Early Access and not a YouTuber who got the game and or expansion for free just for being a YouTuber.
    Originally I made a post on Reddit about this conversation before finding the website I'm commenting on right now because YouTubers got early Access for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. My opinion it's extremely dumb because this particular YouTuber who got Early Access, he barely even plays the game, he has not even completed the game itself he didn't even Explore the full map but yet again he gets Early Access from Ubisoft.
    I mean maybe I would understand if a YouTuber got Early Access because of the fact they play a lot of the game and they support the game but this guy barely even has videos for Assassin's Creed he doesn't even cover the game on a daily basis.
    As I said previously I made a Reddit post about this conversation that I'm talking about right now in terms of my opinion about YouTuber Early Access and so many people were calling me a whiny b****. They said that I was a title. I never bought the Gold Edition just like if I was a YouTuber I would say the same thing that it's not fair to people who have to pay money for this day who actually bought the expensive version. I'm just saying people in game communities needs to learn to be more respectful because on my write a post I made some good valid points

• The argument here is not about spoilers the argument here is the fact that YouTubers get Early Access regardless if they support the game or if they cover the game on their Channel. Most of these YouTubers actually get the game for free the hundred dollar version of the game they get the additional for free and they get Early Access regardless of supporting the game. People who actually support the game regardless of what game it is if they paid a hefty price like over $100 for a gold or Ultimate Edition they should be the ones to get Early Access and not some random person who has YouTuber attached to his f****** name

ShaneWalsh posted: »

Youtube has not been around forever, you can live without it until the game does come out.

• Most importantly these YouTubers who spoiled the game with Early Access you know they can face a lawsuit..
    There is something called a embargo whenever someone like a YouTuber gets Early Access if they want to share the gameplay they have to get permission from the company if they want to share coverage before the release date..
    I'm sure you know that the game Dying Light two is coming out very soon so there was a YouTuber about a year ago he spoiled the game before it was even released because it has been in development for the last 7 to 10 years and they just said it's going to come out next year and this YouTuber last year spoil the game coverage and he actually got sued and YouTube remove this channel

no that's not simple why should I have to avoid youtube just because some assholes wanna spoil a game that's not out yet.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.