Why do you hate School/Why did you hate School?

13»

Comments

• I hate high school because you don't actually LEARN anything, but you rather have to cram everything in your head for school, which is awful.

• I'm only a high school Junior, yet school never taught me a damn thing needed in life. All my knowledge came from random books I read out of school, while my debating ability came from explaining the truth to everyone there.

• I didn't hate school that much... until now. Like holy fuck. I'm supposed to say this bullshit from my memory and guess how many days do I have to learn this? Yeah, you guessed it. One fucking day. I can't believe this.
    enter image description here

• Don't say that I like you:(

Gary-Oak posted: »

Because I wasn't a very smart person so I got low grades in some subjects and fell behind, making it even worse.

• edited March 2017

It wasn't terrible but some things sucked.

I was bullied, horrible at gym and often sat by myself during lunch because I hardly had any friends. Also my seventh grade health teacher was a complete asshole who had no indoor voice and acted like he was angry all the time. (I'm not exaggerating; if you needed help with something, he would ridicule you in front of everyone else and basically call you an idiot.) I always got anxiety before his class. Looking back, I have no idea why a guy like that would even want to be around kids.

• I liked school. I could do so much better now though.

• Maybe you won't get anything out of it, but at least you're increasing my knowledge of global literature. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Tadeusz

I suck at strict memorization things, too.

I didn't hate school that much... until now. Like holy fuck. I'm supposed to say this bullshit from my memory and guess how many days do I have to learn this? Yeah, you guessed it. One fucking day. I can't believe this.

• edited March 2017

Well, there were enough reasons:

• being bullied
    • lots of superficial idiots in classes
    • annoying teachers
    • wasting time and energy with studying stuff that I'll never ever use or need in my entire life (such as algebra, parabolas, polynomial division, knowledge about religions, analysing a literary text and much much more)

Life after school is harder, but way more enjoyable in my opinion. Wouldn't want to go back at all.

• Math Teachers

• They literally ruined math for me

Math Teachers

• Most of the shit they teach here is either a myth or a full-out lie. Civics, history, mechanics, accounting, and even business aren't taught at my school; I had to study those at home with books I found for free that at the newest is still older than me. All the pointless classes I am forced to take that don't help with Jack shit are "below satisfactory grades" and that "I can do better" bullshit doesn't help with classes that are irrelevant in life. I'm nearly smoking cigarettes because of how angry school makes me with trying to make me learn their curriculum.

I'm only a high school Junior, yet school never taught me a damn thing needed in life. All my knowledge came from random books I read out of school, while my debating ability came from explaining the truth to everyone there.

• <3

joshua007 posted: »

Don't say that I like you:(

• it rhymes...a bit.

I didn't hate school that much... until now. Like holy fuck. I'm supposed to say this bullshit from my memory and guess how many days do I have to learn this? Yeah, you guessed it. One fucking day. I can't believe this.

• Comment so big you had to split it in 2

enter image description here

They literally ruined math for me

• My biggest problem is everyone is so materialistic and shows OBVIOUS faouvouritism. I only had many friends when I had something good.

Now to be honest i dont even have a true friend.

• This is a very old thread, but I must say that your profile picture of good ol' Clem very much compliments your statement.

Because I'm too cool for school.

• there's always the internet, right?

My biggest problem is everyone is so materialistic and shows OBVIOUS faouvouritism. I only had many friends when I had something good. Now to be honest i dont even have a true friend.

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned
    edited March 2017

I hated it because they didn't agree with my No Pants Wednesday's rule, it's also why I hate my job.

• Well, I hate standard tests, which is what caused me to get myself a GED... I've proven my intelligence so honestly, I'm just glad that my major makes sense with the curricular that I'm taking now....

• Teaching me stuff I will never need in the real world.
    If I was getting mugged in a cliche dark alleway I wouldnt use the power of Right Angles to stop it, And because I feel like I won't be prepared for the future/adulthood.
    What if I don't know how to pay bills, get a job interview or do anything to live happily.
    What if even I'm not able to give anyone anything in my will... Okay that's too depressing

• I disagree.

Sure, right angles aren't going to help you in life, but it's the creative thinking inspired from math that is good for life.

I'm not saying creative thinking in, like, following the pythagorean theorem to find the length of a hypotenuse.

Creative thinking in, why does the pythagorean theorem work? How can math show this?

Creative thinking like that helps you understand how to think about solutions unrelated to math.

Teaching me stuff I will never need in the real world. If I was getting mugged in a cliche dark alleway I wouldnt use the power of Right An

• edited March 2017

I hate school because well it ruined reading for me first of all I read a book a should be able to enjoy the story not write a what the theme of it was and go through it finding quotes proving why this and that is important. Like imagine having to do that for a video game when you just want to enjoy it not write a whole 4 pages about it. I also hate some of the kids in it like there are these kids that get into trouble just to be cool. A couple years ago these kids literally got into a fight on the bus and the best driver didn't do shit and just said "Stop" until there was blood then one of the kids that got in the fight just laughed while the other was bleeding. One more thing which most people would agree they teach you nothing that you will need in life except for a little stuff. I think the only kind of math you need in life is addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and measurement not all this unnecessary stuff unless you are planning to get a job that requires this. So to sum it all up I hate most of the kids school ruined some activities that could have been fun to do in spare time and they teach you stuff you won't need so yeah.

• I think students should be able to know how to analyze text/identify themes, or know advanced math, it's just the curriculum teaches it awful.

Creeper1846 posted: »

I hate school because well it ruined reading for me first of all I read a book a should be able to enjoy the story not write a what the them

• I've already commented before but after learning some new things about my school, I personally don't respect it as much when it came to individuality. My school banned unnatural hair colors because they believed it would distract students from learning but were fine with people dying their hair a natural or a mix of natural colors, prevented colored nails and limited jewelry etc. which, for the some part is fair, however, the thing that made me lose respect in my school is the fact that they showed us to be considerate and to show respect to one another, yet the same teachers who told us that I've seen threaten to pull nose rings off students if they didn't remove it themselves, also I even heard that several teachers refused to let certain kids with disabilities into the school, one of them was my co-worker's son and she managed to get him into the school but they treat him like shite, texting her whenever he's more than a minute late (which they never do for other students) and constantly finding the smallest reason to complain about him, likely as a ruse to try and get him to leave out of will, which absolutely fucking sickens me.

I hate it when schools teach us good values but are fucking hypocrites about it.

The education system may have flaws but at least it's the best part of school after socializing (in my opinion), but sometimes the teachers and other students can really cause someone to have a more negative experience, which truly does suck.

• I know this comment is old, but Jesus... That sounds terrible. I'm really sorry you went through that. I don't understand how that's even legal. All the shit you see teenagers do in high school these days, makes you wonder why they aren't in a program like that.

Why did I hate school? Oh boy. Grab your popcorn, grab some refreshments, and let's pray to god this doesn't become a novel in terms of leng

• I just hated getting up early.

• What a story. Better then TWD S2 ep3!

Why did I hate school? Oh boy. Grab your popcorn, grab some refreshments, and let's pray to god this doesn't become a novel in terms of leng

• I have less than a month to go before I'm finally out of high school, and I can't wait. Other than the friends I've made since December, school has been a hell on Earth for me my entire life. Next to impossible trying to make friends before 9th grade in a small farmland school, went to and lost two state championships in football, and had failed several classes in my first three years of high school. Didn't get diddly squat for an education there, just repetitive and useless information being forced into my giant head. Other than the friends I have now, playing hockey in P.E. was the only fun I ever had in school; without it, I was just a lone, fat, suicidal outcast.

• It wasn’t really the work I disliked, it was more of the people’s attitudes/personalites. I used to detest going to school because of the immoral actions of others.

• edited June 2021

When I was in school, I did not like it because there were unnecessary and uninteresting subjects to me, just as it annoyed me to get up early in the morning and go to another area by bus. But on the plus side, I had a couple of good friends in class with whom I could have fun and socialize a lot.
    If you are new to YouTube blogging, you will need a lot of views and subscribers to move your channel to the top and get featured. https://viplikes.net/ perfectly helps to cope with these tasks.

• school was based

• Normally when people don’t act their she and make a fool of themselves durning class.

This discussion has been closed.