Siege of Spinner Cay startup problem

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    trb8x wrote: »
    2. Disable the Internet
    5. Restarted the internet

Please don't be mad about this, trb8x, but I really had a good laugh when I read this.
    "ToMI isn't working, what do we do, master?"
    "I'm sure the internet is responsible! Igor, prepare to disable the internet, huahaha!"

just reminded me of an old Microsoft error message:
    "The Internet is busy - please try again later." :)
  • edited August 2009
    i'm having the same problem, running mac osx, through crossover. Ep. 1 is working fine.

i purchased for the first season, and i (we) need a response from telltale.
  • edited August 2009
    Bump. Still a problem!

Over the weekend I have tried the unplug the internet thing, disabling extra inputs (tablet) thing, the clean boot thing, updated my ATI drivers from 9.7 to 9.8, redownloaded and installed several times making sure the directX update is checked...

Also from the something like 5 other threads here about the same problem, I see there is a crack that bypasses the launcher somehow... that solution is looking very attractive.
  • edited August 2009
    HenningKO wrote: »
    Bump. Still a problem!

Over the weekend I have tried the unplug the internet thing, disabling extra inputs (tablet) thing, the clean boot thing, updated my ATI drivers from 9.7 to 9.8, redownloaded and installed several times making sure the directX update is checked...

Also from the something like 5 other threads here about the same problem, I see there is a crack that bypasses the launcher somehow... that solution is looking very attractive.

Fyi tried that didn't work, mostly cause it's not the launcher, it's the game. Here's what someone from TellTale support told me:

"Your integrated graphics card does not meet our minimum system requirements unfortunately. We've had intermittent performance with these cards, and often times they just won't initialize the newer D3D memory writes and can cause the application to crash outright.

In trying to optimize our graphics system for the PC and Wii, we re-arragned our D3D writes."

I'm still waiting to here some of the answers to my questions, but if this is a case, honestly all I'd need would be a patch to disable "d3d memory writes" if this is correct, although I'm not sure I believe it is entirely responsible, and especially since people have gotten it working through other various means.
  • edited August 2009
    Please make sure that all other episodes of Taletalegames are closed. Let us know if game starting problems persist.
    thank you, Andre
  • edited August 2009
    hi agovberg, in my case, ep1. is wrking fine, ep.2 doesn't start, with the internal error ( script error ), at the startup.
  • edited August 2009
    agovberg wrote: »
    Please make sure that all other episodes of Taletalegames are closed. Let us know if game starting problems persist.
    thank you, Andre

Is it normal for people to run multiple episodes at once? If you mean multiple instances of MonkeyIsland102.exe, that isn't happening either. I'm a pretty decent computer person and I believe I've done everything I can reasonably do unless there's some hidden secret switch I need to flip to get this one episode working (I.e. a hidden "disable d3d writes" option) while all other telltale products have run for me without a single issue.
  • edited August 2009
    What SpaceFalcon said.
    I have an ATI mobility radeon 3650. The computer it came integrated in is 2 months old and ep 1 worked fine (though it doesn't now, so I uninstalled it... now have no other telltale games even installed, let alone running concurrently). I can't imagine it would already be below system req's.
  • edited August 2009
    Definitely not an issue with a graphics card. Mine is quite new, GTX 275. Crashes on startup. Tried redownloading, reinstalling, all drivers are up to date.

Hope Telltale releases a patch soon...
  • edited August 2009
    Well what do you know. Rebooting and unplugging didn't work. Still nothing. Aren't I glad I bought the whole package at one go.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Anyone in here who wants me to take a look at it, please give a detailed description on your specific problem followed by a dxdiag output.

Please start dxdiag:
    Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Windows Vista: Press the windows key on your keyboard or click on the start menu. Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter.

Now click on the button that says "save all information".
    It will prompt you to save a file. Save it where you can find it.

Now you have two options to make it accessible to us. Pick the one that works best for you:
    1. If you know how, you can zip the file and attach it to a message.
    2. You can upload it to Rapidshare and copy the link to the file into a new message.
  • edited August 2009
    yeah... game wont start for me either. It's just... NOTHING happens. I've clicked the shortcut/game many times and nothing opens. Though I have noticed a process via task manager that's called monkeyisland102.exe which is taking up a considerable amount of memory usage.
  • edited August 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Anyone in here who wants me to take a look at it, please give a detailed description on your specific problem followed by a dxdiag output.

Okee doke.
    My problem is as follows:
    when I run MonkeyIsland102.exe, the launcher window with "telltale games" at the title comes up, saying "please wait, logging in". It works on that for 1 or 2 seconds, then a window pops on over that saying "MonkeyIsland102.exe has stopped working" and that Windows is attempting to find a solution to the problem. After 3-4 seconds of that, both windows go away and there is no trace left of them in the task manager.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    HenningKO wrote: »
    Okee doke.
    My problem is as follows:
    when I run MonkeyIsland102.exe, the launcher window with "telltale games" at the title comes up, saying "please wait, logging in". It works on that for 1 or 2 seconds, then a window pops on over that saying "MonkeyIsland102.exe has stopped working" and that Windows is attempting to find a solution to the problem. After 3-4 seconds of that, both windows go away and there is no trace left of them in the task manager.

I noticed in an earlier post that Chapter 1 used to work, but doesn't work anymore. Do you remember any major changes to your system, such as drivers?

I didn't notice anything obviously wrong in your dxdiag, therefore i can just make some wild suggestions:

- Update your Realtek HDA Driver
    - Try disabling the secondary display in the ATI CCC
    - Try older Video Drivers. That actually helped in some cases. I would just start with something old and if it works find the newest one until it breaks

- Try the Motherboard, Video and Audio drivers provided by sony for your notebook.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    Hey all, just to clarify, is anyone still getting the script error problem when loading the launcher? Just that one specific issue.
  • edited August 2009
    Not anymore, neither in e1 nor in e2. I also seem to get a lot less "no connection" errors.
  • edited August 2009
    Apparently Telltale released a new version of ep 2 and now it runs, so people still having trouble should maybe try redownloading now.
  • edited September 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »
    I didn't notice anything obviously wrong in your dxdiag, therefore i can just make some wild suggestions:

- Update your Realtek HDA Driver

This did the trick for me, cheers :)
  • edited September 2009
    After re-downloading the game I still get the same error message
    "An Error has occurred in the script on this page:

Line: 6
    Char: 37667
    Error: Invalid Argument
    Code: 0
    URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mrs%20Inedahl-Berg/Lokala%20inställningar/Temp/003FCE3B5581420EA39B1E1885A20F64/launcher/include/lib.js"
    Help?
  • edited September 2009
    Can anyone please help? I really want to play this game!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2009
    Hey Church, to start with I'd try updating your Internet Explorer (it has to use IE regardless of which browser is your default). If that doesn't work, then make sure any sort of firewall or script blocker or antivirus is turned off. If neither of those work, I'll have to send you over to the wrapper guys. Script errors aren't my specialty I'm afraid.
  • edited September 2009
    Neither of those worked unfortunately. :(
  • edited September 2009
    This works for those with the 37667-script error, at least it did for me.

Solution:
    1. Disable internet
    2. Open launcher
    3. Enable internet
    4. Login
    5. Play
  • edited September 2009
    What finally worked for me was installing a new Wacom tablet and the accompanying drivers.
  • edited September 2009
    Jinstarro has the right solution to the word 37667 error, although I did the sequence a little differently. Unplug the internet cable or pull the power cord on your router, enter the serial number, reconnect to the internet. Game then opens. As hilarious as some people think this sounds, it worked for me and for several other people as well
This discussion has been closed.