ToMI - Chapter 2 bug collection

edited February 2011 in Game Support
Hey all, post everything you find here that has a glitch.

1) Although not a glitch, having to run the launcher as admin cos it gives you weird error messages
2) Sound recording stuff up. Use the clamshell opening stick thing from Ep1 on the Blind Statue you got the fisheye from.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    3. Using crowbar with golden turtle makes Guybrush act like he tries to take it from the altar.
  • edited August 2009
    After having talked to McGillicutty while he is drowning the Merleader, or perhaps before or later, I never checked, you can go back to the Turtlemold and pick up the Pyrite-turtle again.
  • TimTim
    edited August 2009
    After having Trenchfoot & Hardtack bury the artifact along with its chest, Trenchfoot is still described as 'being the pirate carrying the artifact'. But he of course does not have it anymore, it's in the chest.

I'm not really sure what the Trenchfoot's description literally is, would have to replay for that.
  • TimTim
    edited August 2009
    If you fire the cannon yet AGAIN, after having defeated McGillicutty, his ship will be non-existent, yet most of the objects in the scene including McGilli himself, will attack back, leading to the colliding cannonball animation.

Edit: Funny fact, he's actually holding the Fake Pyrite Turtle Artifact in his hand while launching the cannon.
  • edited August 2009
    The most obvious bug I found is after you have your mast repaired with the special item and you go back to the island where it is found and the item in question is still there.
  • edited August 2009
    Relating to that glitch, I found if you keep returning to the place where the mast gets broken, after a while you'll see a floating cannon ball already on your ship before it's even fired. :p
  • edited August 2009
    I noticed that if you go back to Spooner Island after
    getting through the blockade and click on the stationary cannon then Guybrush will say the "I'm not talking to him while he's firing a cannon" line even though LeChuck is nowhere in sight.
  • edited August 2009
    Elaine's legs not moving when she is walking away from Guybrush in the royal chamber. but I'm only a few minutes in.
  • edited August 2009
    I think these should go under some sort of spoiler protection. also:
    after talking to elaine, she just floats back to the pirate and the merman/woman without moving her legs. actually kinda funny, but still an obvious bug :)
  • edited August 2009
    ack! a few seconds :p
  • edited August 2009
    Try to shoot
    the pirate captain, after you sunk his ship
    . That's one nasty bug. :eek: Or it looks like it.
  • edited August 2009
    *After the siege is over, and before rescuing the Merleader you can go back the jungle and pick up another pyrite turtle.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    ChemBro wrote: »
    Try to shoot
    the pirate captain, after you sunk his ship
    . That's one nasty bug. :eek: Or it looks like it.

I noticed that one too and made some Videos :)

Shooting McGilliCutty after he's gone.

When trying to Combine Hook + Turtle in the Inventory Guybrush acts the same way he was, when he was trying to get the turtle that way.
  • edited August 2009
    1. After the blockade when you try to use the cannon on the island he says that he doesn't want to use it while lechuck is using it.
    2. After the blockade the melted turtle is back in the form, you can pry it out again and it comes in your inventory.
    3. When battling on the high seas to get the merrrrmaid queen if you try boarding the ship after your mast has been broken, the other guys ship looks strange after trying to board him again. Sometimes just the window shows or just the door.
    4. When battling on the high seas to get the merrrrmaid queen sometimes a cannon ball gets stuck in the middle of your ship in the air.

Oh and the sky has some join faults some places, where there are gaps that don't cover up the skybox texture.
  • edited August 2009
    After rescuing the mer-queen before sailing back to the town... you are sitting out in the water where you just sank the ship. I fired the cannon again expecting to just shoot at nothing like other times but instead it goes to a glitched version of the other ship with the pirate on it and he shoots back to block yur shot...
  • edited August 2009
    Not so much a bug, but a typo - when
    telling the McGillicutty's men their treasure might be found to get them to dig it up again
    , one of the dialogue possibilities for this line is misspelt "treasue" instead of "treasure".

Also, I had issues with characters being invisible in the
    blockade
    scene and in the shot of the Mer-Cheiftain after
    sinking McGillicutty's ship

Aside from that, all I encountered were the audio pop-n'-crackliness that seems to happen with the music on in the royal chamber for some reason.

Hope this info is useful! = )
  • edited August 2009
    Well, I'm sure that the TTG Team is using our information in a helpful way...

I was too amazed by the coolness of the game, yet I have found a small, almost unnoticeable bug...
    When LeChuck is ready to fight the three poxed pirates, Guybrush can walk through him. LeChuck is not solid anymore. :) Hope it helps.
    Also, there were two spelling errors, I don't really remember where. "Whats" instead of "What's"...and another one somewhere.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm not exactly sure when it happens, but its around the point where you get back together with Elaine. Anyway, instead of walking over to me, she glided (legs didn't move, and she just moved over to me). This would have worked if the camera didn't show me her lower portion.

And I'm not sure if it was just my system, but I had some issues controlling my mouse while my ship was docked at Spinner Cay. Specifically, it was when Guybrush was over by my ship. As I got further away from my ship, controls started to improve. However, I had a hard time aiming for the map.

Kevin
  • edited August 2009
    There was another spelling mistake(I really cannot remember where it was though), of "burry" (bury).

Not that I mind really, Telltale. Just sayin' :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2009
    Only saw one bug. When talking to the Mer leader, the pirate and Elaine, Elaine won't have a walking animation when you ask for a private talk.
  • edited August 2009
    I noticed if you tried to combine your hook with the turtle idol while both are in your inventory Guybrush goes back to his dialogue of trying to remove it from the stone tablet. Also the camera goes funny for a moment.
  • edited August 2009
    I noticed a typo: The "Fishing well"! I'm sure they mispelled "Wishing well"! :D
  • edited August 2009
    ^It's the Ghost-Pirate McGillicutty!
  • edited August 2009
    Tons of typos throughout the game.

QA / Testing FAIL.
  • edited August 2009
    Perhaps not a bug, but definitely an inconvenient thing: When Guybrush finishes the animation of coming down the stairs from the Royal Chamber, he ends up in such a way that trackball and trackpad users have to crank their sensitivity way down to keep him from climbing back up no matter which way they drag.

Probably not worth correcting, but something to note if a similar situation might be avoided in future chapters/games.
  • edited August 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Relating to that glitch, I found if you keep returning to the place where the mast gets broken, after a while you'll see a floating cannon ball already on your ship before it's even fired. :p
    On my second visit
    after repairing the mast with the rubber tree
    I had this glitch too when I arrived, and I thought I would supply a picture:

cannonballg.jpg

It just floats there for no reason!
  • edited August 2009
    Don't forget the door floating in midair during one ship scene (can't remember which one though, I think it was after the McGillicutty fight).
  • edited August 2009
    I've noticed that if you use the fish eye (besides what you're supposed to use it on), when Guybrush holds it up to his eye, it also appears on the ground to his right.

Not sure if it works every time you try to use it on something, but I noticed it when trying to use the fish eye on
    the manatee in Da Cava's shack.
  • edited August 2009
    Tyraa Rane wrote: »
    I've noticed that if you use the fish eye (besides what you're supposed to use it on), when Guybrush holds it up to his eye, it also appears on the ground to his right.

Not sure if it works every time you try to use it on something, but I noticed it when trying to use the fish eye on
    the manatee in Da Cava's shack.

This is true. I also noticed this on one of the smaller islands.

EDIT: Except it was to his left (he was facing away from me).
  • edited August 2009
    When using the map to navigate between islands (after left clicking your destination), if you right click to skip the dialogue with Winslow, and right click once more (I assumed i would speed up the loading of the destination scene) - the game loads up where you just come from, but will show the text of where you were going.
  • edited August 2009
    bump
  • edited August 2009
    another "bug":
    after the mast has been repaired with the rubber tree, the tree is still on the island
  • edited August 2009
    After you've gotten the
    pyrite parrot
    back from Beluga, it isn't in your inventory.
  • edited August 2009
    and not a word from TTG employees. fantastic, way to support your product/read posts on your own forum.
  • edited August 2009
    *sigh* Welcome again RaZ. Actually, there have been numerous responses, sometimes amused, sometimes annoyed, by the Telltale staff. Just not in this thread.

Telltale is very gracious when it comes to refunds, so if this is a dealbreaker for you, just ask them. Other than that: good luck finding any other game company where the developers are as active in the community as the Telltale guys are.
  • edited August 2009
    On the typo/grammar error front: One of the fish jokes uses the word "it's" instead of the correct "its".

Other bugs I noticed have already been mentioned several times here.
  • edited August 2009
    Is it true telltale never releases bugfixes to their episodes?
  • edited August 2009
    Jazzy wrote: »
    I noticed that if you go back to Spooner Island after
    getting through the blockade and click on the stationary cannon then Guybrush will say the "I'm not talking to him while he's firing a cannon" line even though LeChuck is nowhere in sight.

this also happens to me now!
  • edited August 2009
    bar10dr wrote: »
    Is it true telltale never releases bugfixes to their episodes?

If I remember correctly, someone at TTG (I think Jake) said it usually isn't worth the time, effort, and moola to release patches.
  • edited August 2009
    So, I found this nasty glitch... LeChuck is supposed to be in the cannon spot in spoon island, but he's not there!

I first noticed it after I got past the blockade, got the rubber tree knocked down and went to meet with McGillycutty. I went back to spoon island afterwards (because I was clueless) and where the cannon is there's a floating cannonball and guybrush thinks lechuck's there, even though he's not.

See attached screenshot.
This discussion has been closed.