ToMI - Chapter 2 bug collection

2»

Comments

• edited August 2009
    If I remember correctly, someone at TTG (I think Jake) said it usually isn't worth the time, effort, and moola to release patches.

My guess is that their always struggling to meet their own future deadlines that they can't afford to put of resources to fix their errors, really sad actually as a lot of people are not going to buy the series before its completed so they can play it as a full game, they have to deal with the same bugs when its not necessary.

They should put together a small team to do fixes after an episode release.
  • edited August 2009
    Well, they do check these threads... So they are aware of the issues. (trust me)

But what can they honestly say that's worth saying? "we're sorry?, we ****ed up?, We missed something?"

In any case, they very rarely release patches (or in their case, updated versions)... I think the last time they updated one of their download games was back in 2007 (They updated their first Sam and Max episode to work with vista)

So unless its something that inhibits gameplay, they probably wont patch it (the sound issues in MI Ch. 2 are a perfect example of what it takes for them to patch a game)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2009
    I've actually got someone today cataloging and writing up the various forum-reported bugs. As several people have pointed out making patches isn't always easy, but it's always good to have things written up just in case. By the way, thanks for the information everyone!
  • edited August 2009
    Ooh how exciting! I found more bugs:

After getting the rubber tree installed in Guybrush's ship, when you return to mcgillycutty it can cut to a medium close-up of guybrush and in the back you can see a floating cannonball! Probably a left over from the previous cut-scene.

Also the rubber tree is still in the island after you get it installed as the mast or defeat mcgillycutty.

And the LeChuck theme contines to play in Spoon Island in that one section of the jungle long after LeChuck confronted those sick pirates.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm not sure this is even worth posting anymore as the various cannon ball bugs probably have the same root cause, but last time I played, immediately after the attack the cannonballs were ONLY targeting the library window... of course the impact was still shown on the wall and not the library.
  • edited May 2010
    Probably totally not worth to tell anymore, but I recently started playing TOMI.

The glitch I noticed wich I don't see back here, is when I move to Roe Island and walk towards the tent and close enough to the singing fish.. my screen goes black or flickers rappidly, in other words.. the camera is way to close to an object.

Maybe it's the resolution (1600x900) and got everything maxed quality. I never tried anything else.. I took some wild guesses what do to and that worked out. (I was still able to select the fish, it was on my whole screen unless I walked away, don't know if it supposed to be selectable on your whole screen)

Sorry if there is any bad spelling. I'm dutch and my english grammar isn't that great :P
  • edited June 2010
    Am I the only one getting having issues starting this game for the "Games" part of the Start Menu under Windows 7? Every time I click the icon, it pops up the folder the game is in, and not the launcher!? What gives?!?!?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Am I the only one getting having issues starting this game for the "Games" part of the Start Menu under Windows 7? Every time I click the icon, it pops up the folder the game is in, and not the launcher!? What gives?!?!?

It is a Known issue.
  • edited February 2011
    There have been a few instances when Guybrush moves his mouth but doesn't say anything... Probably just a sound file missing.
This discussion has been closed.