The perfect theme song for each character?

edited February 2018 in The Walking Dead

Do you know any song that fits a certain character from the walking dead?

Comments

• edited July 2017

Lee

Kenny

For the villains

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited July 2017

There's only one suitable theme for Ben:

(please tell me there's some oldies on here that get it)

• For Gabe, since he's such a rebel.

• MrJavaMrJava Banned

LARRY

• :lol: Michelle is mad cause you ain't a fat monster trucker.

Findagon posted: »

For Gabe, since he's such a rebel.

• Obvious pick, but Salty Seas is a song about Sarah, sadly.

• I think I know what you're referencing but are you sure it's not 'I will go sailing no more'? instead? Unless I'm thinking of something else.

Deltino posted: »

There's only one suitable theme for Ben: (please tell me there's some oldies on here that get it)

• edited July 2017

Walkers, Biters, Geeks, Muertos, Roamers, Floaters, Lurkers. All of them.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited July 2017

Gabe

Lee

Clem

• edited July 2017

Gabe

Probably won't find a better fitting song.

GohanFGC posted: »

Gabe Lee Clem

• edited July 2017

David

Jane. Also feel free to 1up me. I know there's got to be something that better fits her out there.

Someone brought this up a while ago. I shouldn't be hard to figure out who this is. Theme song-wise I feel is close. Message-wise I think I'm still beat by @GohanFGC.

• I updated the last one with Clem and Lee.

David Jane. Also feel free to 1up me. I know there's got to be something that better fits her out there. Someone brought this up a

• Kenny - "Our God is an Awesome God"

• Hell of a catchy song!

Kenny - "Our God is an Awesome God"

• Linkin Park has been kicking around for a long time now.

Gabe Probably won't find a better fitting song.

• I feel like with Clem there are countless songs that can be used to represent her. I feel that you have hit the most important part of her character. Congratulations, you have 1up'd me :)

I updated the last one with Clem and Lee.

• edited July 2017

Lee

Thinking about Lee's death in the context of Powerless, it is SUPER emotional. Good choice.

Gabe Lee Clem

• Especially THIS part: "You'll Never Know What I Became Because of You." That part REALLY struck me.

I second that. Bravo!

• Yea. That's a MAJOR part of why I picked it.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Especially THIS part: "You'll Never Know What I Became Because of You." That part REALLY struck me.

• edited July 2017

[removed]

• Someone tell me. Who would this best fit?

• :joy: The Jane one, tho.

David Jane. Also feel free to 1up me. I know there's got to be something that better fits her out there. Someone brought this up a

• edited July 2017

Kate relationship with David

• Yes. Yours is way better.

Ben:

• edited July 2017

Javi and his relationship with Gabe early on.

Message Directed At Joan

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited July 2017

Javi and his relationship with Gabe early on

Holy shit! You are right on the money!

Message Directed At Joan

Hell yea!

Javi and his relationship with Gabe early on. Message Directed At Joan

• Just one. This Queen of the Stone Age song called Kalopsia has moments in the lyrics that remind me of Sarah. Examples include;

"Rose, tinted eyes"

Homme (the singer) touches upon the age old expression “rose tinted glasses” in the lyric “Rose tinted eyes” suggesting that he can’t see things for what they are. Sarah's glasses are said to be a shade of red. This is also reminiscent to her innocent outlook to the world, and how Carlos had failed to teach Sarah the harsh realities and survival skills in the zombie apocalypse, hence her seeing the world with "rose tinted glasses".

"Forget those mindless baboons, they're off playing God"

This is more of a personal headcanon of me imagining Clem tell Sarah something like this line, in the sense that the ruthless people that run Howe's (Carver and Troy), who feel the need in their power to punish and kill those they choose (Reggie + Alvin and when Carver tells Carlos to slap her) are choosing to 'play god' like the expression.

"Fates favour the ones who help themselves...The rest feel the sting of the lash"

This line mirrors the tragedy of Sarah's inability to act in fast and integral decisions due to her mental constraints (possibly PTSD). Its also putting forth the idea that there is no such thing as fate in the zombie apocalypse as focusing on only survival is the sole way to live in that world. Troy also said a line like "Can't you guys work without me cracking the whip all the time?" With the word 'whip' as in the object going along with 'lash' in the lyric, again showing Troy's ruthlessness to the survivors in Howe's .

Fuck that was pretentious as hell.

• "Forget those mindless baboons, they're off playing God"
    This is more of a personal headcanon of me imagining Clem tell Sarah something like this

The fuck?!

Fuck that was pretentious as hell.

Glad you're aware of that. :lol:

Just one. This Queen of the Stone Age song called Kalopsia has moments in the lyrics that remind me of Sarah. Examples include; "Rose,

• Poor Kate. :cry:

Kate relationship with David

• I just wasted all that time writing something no one will really read, because priorities!

DabigRG posted: »

"Forget those mindless baboons, they're off playing God" This is more of a personal headcanon of me imagining Clem tell Sarah something like this The fuck?! Fuck that was pretentious as hell. Glad you're aware of that.

• edited July 2017

Oh boy this is my time to shine!

Season 1:

• Lee and Clementine's relationship: Bad Blood (Sleeping At Last), I'll Keep You Safe (Sleeping At Last), Light (Sleeping At Last), Uneven Odds (Sleeping At Last) ---- (I really like Sleeping At Last)
    • Kenny: Neptune ... kinda (Sleeping At Last)
    • Ok I ran out of songs fast here

Season 2:

Michonne MiniSeries:

A New Frontier:

• edited July 2017

Found Gabe's song whenever he is near clem, as well as unused footage of gabe.

• I guess I know what I'll be spending the rest of my morning doing. @Kenny_Is_Love, check this out.

Oh boy this is my time to shine! Season 1: * Lee and Clementine's relationship: Bad Blood (Sleeping At Last), I'll Keep You Safe (Sl

• Same here lol. Boy, am I gonna have some fun in the next two hours.
    I didn't even know this thread existed, thanks for tagging me bruh. :D

I guess I know what I'll be spending the rest of my morning doing. @Kenny_Is_Love, check this out.

• Well, thank you!

I guess I know what I'll be spending the rest of my morning doing. @Kenny_Is_Love, check this out.

• edited July 2017

I found an even better one for Gabe.

Gabe Probably won't find a better fitting song.

• eleanor's song would just be a black screen with no audio because she literally has no depth whatsoever

• I admit, it does fit him pretty well. But which one is better is still up for debate in my mind. While @GohanFGC's represents the part of Gabe that is still confused about the world and is trying to make sense of it all and find his place in it. Yours explores the idea of Gabe's realization of his own faults and that his current behaviour can get people killed, and that he wants to step up and take control of it before it's too late.

Both of these are good concepts and I can't really decide which one's better.

I found an even better one for Gabe.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.