Message monkeyislandexec102 has stopped working

Comments

• edited August 2009
    I'd really appreciate it, but it'll wait for tomorrow - need to catch some sleeping hours. I'll post the details as soon as I'm back.
  • edited August 2009
    For what it's worth, I once had an issue with my DSL that was corrupting very large downloads (like Linux ISOs). MD5s were wrong if the download was above 30M or so.

My phone company sent a tech out, and he watched as I downloaded a 40M file and got the wrong MD5 checksum. He even agreed to download the same file on his laptop, which produced an MD5 error!

He re-provisioned my DSL account to a different router on their end, and the problem went away.

A good way to test these problems is to boot from a Linux live CD and try downloading a large file with a known MD5 checksum. You need to attach your computer directly to your modem as well (no router or switch inbetween).
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    SirPsycho wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for your help, you have been so helpful!
    Especially DjNDB for his prompt replies, and hansschmucker, for suggesting the RAR idea and putting these files on his server for me - you're the king, man :)

You're welcome.
    About your connection problems... I honestly have never seen such a bad case, but if you want to share your provider's name and technology + your router's name, we may at least do a few educated guesses :)

I would have said the same if it wasn't for ariy with the same problem.

And now for the conspiracy theory:
    I checked both of their IPs and there's a common link. They seem to have the same Israel based provider: Netvision.

There's a lot of room for speculation now...
  • edited August 2009
    I had assumed that ariy's case was resolved after I gave him the link... hmm... no experience with Israeli ISPs at all... but I really wonder what they are doing. This is really probably the most appropriate time for conspiracy theories.
  • edited August 2009
    What an excellent hypothesis, indeed, if we have the same provider - it's possible that someone is screwing with our bits! I have the Netvision provider for more than 10 years now, never had problems with them.

I have ADSL 1.5M connection via a router & modem combo. I assume it might be a router's failure too?
    What I have is the Aztech DSL-600E modem & router.
    Maybe I should restart it and test if I still have problems?

It's the first time ever I experience such problem. Ever.
    Maybe something is special about this specific exe, which makes it prone to corruption?
    And maybe Netvision has something against Telltale? :)
  • edited August 2009
    DjNDB wrote: »

And now for the conspiracy theory:
    I checked both of their IPs and there's a common link. They seem to have the same Israel based provider: Netvision.

There's a lot of room for speculation now...

Hello everyone.

I've been following silently the relevant forum discussions all week, as I was also experiencing the agitating crash right after clicking "Launch Game". When I saw yesterday the possible file corruption issue, I checked my previous downloads and indeed discovered they were corrupted. Luckily for me, the download of the new version was successful on first attempt, and the game was working well.

The real reason I decided to pitch in now is that my ISP happens also to be the Israeli Netvision...

Maybe those of us that were "infected" should contact them for an explanation.
  • edited August 2009
    Hello everyone.

I've been following silently the relevant forum discussions all week, as I was also experiencing the agitating crash right after clicking "Launch Game". When I saw yesterday the possible file corruption issue, I checked my previous downloads and indeed discovered they were corrupted. Luckily for me, the download of the new version was successful on first attempt, and the game was working well.

The real reason I decided to pitch in now is that my ISP happens also to be the Israeli Netvision...

Maybe those of us that were "infected" should contact them for an explanation.

Wow, now we're getting somewhere :)
    Did you experience this in other downloads too, especially in other TTG games, or just in TOMI episode 2?

For the record, I've downloaded, installed, and played to the end every game released by TTG, except TOMI 2 and Strong Bad episodes 4 (currently playing) and 5. Never had problems before.
  • edited August 2009
    Twice whilst 3 days ago doing TOMi vh 2 on my ancient vista HPremium laptop I got this, but putting it down to programming fault, cloased/reloaded game from my SAVES and completed it.

Someone doubtless will say that you need a PC bought next November...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    I have ADSL 1.5M connection via a router & modem combo. I assume it might be a router's failure too?
    What I have is the Aztech DSL-600E modem & router.
    Maybe I should restart it and test if I still have problems?

It's the first time ever I experience such problem. Ever.
    Maybe something is special about this specific exe, which makes it prone to corruption?

Restarting is worth a try.

I was thinking the same thing about this particular file. Assuming their best intentions, can you check on their website if they have some kind of protection software that filters possible malware while downloading?

Thank you very much for telling us :)
    What Router/Modem model do you use?
    Wow, now we're getting somewhere :)
    Did you experience this in other downloads too, especially in other TTG games, or just in TOMI episode 2?

Just another quick test.
    First of all: The MD5 tool i posted earlier sucks reading unix encoded .md5 files and appears abandoned by the developer. Therefore we'll use a different one from now on.

Please download and install Hashcheck. It integrates into the windows explorer and therefore has a better usability.

Download all FileZilla files here. You'll find a .md5 file as well, which enables you to test the files integrity.

Now for verification just double click on the .md5 file and tell us the results.
  • edited August 2009
    please someone help me i last posted days ago and started to give up. the game plays but can't get past the prologue. i am confused because the demo plays fine. please help!! i have had alot of help which im really gratefull for THANKS GUYS. i have tried to read all the posts but i am abit confused can someone explain to me. it seems like someones had a break through!!
  • edited August 2009
    me!!!

Does that mean you're still having problems?
  • edited August 2009
    oh yes!!
  • edited August 2009
    It may be some corruption, just like the others. I'll just send you the links to the mirrored version with integrity checks.
  • edited August 2009
    can you please explain to me how i do that. And i also have the same problem with TOMI1
  • edited August 2009
    Hmm... if you have the same problem with #1 it may be still something else, but I guess it's still worth a try.

I've sent you the links via PM. Just download the files linked there and put them all into one directory. Run the first file... if the download is OK it will launch the original setup, otherwise it will tell you which part didn't survive the download so you can try that part again.
  • edited August 2009
    sorry to be a pain but i have no idea how to put them all into one directory.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    can you please explain to me how i do that. And i also have the same problem with TOMI1

Let me chime in for a second.

Let's check your ToMI installers for errors.
    Please download and install Hashcheck.
    Then Download this MD5 File into the folder that contains the ToMI installers you downloaded from Telltale.

Finally just double click on the .md5 file for verification and tell us the results.
  • edited August 2009
    Just click the links... when the browser asks you what to do with it, chose "save". Now you get a dialog asking you where to put it (or it puts them automatically on the desktop, both is fine). If it asks, don't put it somewhere else each time, but leave it the way it is.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Oops, i seem to have picked a bad moment. Do what hansschmucker says first, then get back to my post.
  • edited August 2009
    i have clicked on one and it's saying that i have to insert a disk with this volume and press 'OK' to try again or press cancel to break extraction. UHH?
  • edited August 2009
    You have to SAVE them, not OPEN/RUN them. OK, let me run you through this one by one. Which browser are you using? I'm going to assume Firefox for now:

1. You open my message.
    2. You click the first link. It asks you to "Save File" or "Cancel".
    3. Chose "Save File".
    4. If a dialog pops up now, just hit "Save".
    5. The download manager pops up.
    6. You click the second link. It asks you to "Open File" or "Save File".
    7. Chose "Save File".
    8. If a dialog pops up now, just hit "Save".
    9. The download manager pops up.

Repeat 6-9 for all links.

Now, in the download manager, double click the first file you downloaded.
  • edited August 2009
    i didn't buy the game from this site. does that matteiv'e downloaded the files and double clicked the first file i downloaded and it installed and asked me to sign in.
  • edited August 2009
    OK, then your have a different problem, but before we can try to help with that: where did you buy it?
  • edited August 2009
    sorry scrap that last message i signed in and it said there was an error!
  • edited August 2009
    direct2drive
  • edited August 2009
    OK, now I'm getting confused. You bought it here? You downloaded the files and the install went through, correct? It recognized your signin, correct? And then you get what error message when?

Edit: posted at the same time. Then we can't help you with the download but if you give us the exact place and error message, we can do some general troubleshooting.
  • edited August 2009
    www.direct2drive.com/

after the prologue a message comes up saying 'moneyisland101.exe has stopped working'.
  • edited August 2009
    With prologue, you mean the whole fight with morgan, or even before that?

Anyway the easiest way to give us some info about your system is using dxdiag. Click on "Start", chose "Run" and type in "dxdiag", then click "OK". A scary info screen comes up. Click on "Save All Information", then "Save".

Just attach it to your next post so we can see what's wrong with your system.
  • edited August 2009
    how do i attach it to my next post?
  • edited August 2009
    Go to advanced posting and press the paperclip icon (next to a smiley face).
  • edited August 2009
    i have tried to atach the dxdiag file but i get this message at the top of page: DxDiag.txt:
    Your file of 29.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 19.5 KB for this filetype.
  • edited August 2009
    Then use a service like http://rapidshare.com to host it and just post the link.
  • edited August 2009
    can i just copy and paste the dxdiag file. because i can't zip it.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    can i just copy and paste the dxdiag file. because i can't zip it.

That usually fails due to its length. Better use rapidshare.
  • edited August 2009
    You don't have to ZIP it, just select the dxdiag file for upload to rapidshare and it will spit out a link that you can give us.

If you want to copy/paste it use http://pastebin.mozilla.org/
  • edited August 2009
    Looks fine to me. Intel chipsets are not exactly meant for gaming, but at least the drivers are up to date.

DjNDB, any ideas?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009
    Looks fine to me. Intel chipsets are not exactly meant for gaming, but at least the drivers are up to date.

DjNDB, any ideas?

I'll take a look.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2009

Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
    Date and Size: 11/2/2006 08:36:49, 235520 bytes

Please try installing this Sound driver.
  • edited August 2009
    which one should i click on?
This discussion has been closed.