S4 RETURNING CHARACTERS

edited October 2017 in The Walking Dead

"A lot of the themes, ideas and maybe even characters that were explored in the first season are kinda still on the table to bookend as a final season"

I hope this is a hint of Christa or Lily returning next season!
Do you think anyone will return?

Tagged:

Comments

• Definitely. I personally think that TT is gonna throw us off guard by bringing back someone we thought was dead. Since we're all expecting Christa to be back, TT could (should) use that to their advantage.

Andy St John was never seen dead. I'm calling it folks.

enter image description here

• edited October 2017

Well...I kinda see why you think that, but he’s definitely dead. He can either die by electric fence or eaten by walkers since he was too beat up to move.

I think there was a secret choice where Lee can shoot Andy too.

cleminist posted: »

Definitely. I personally think that TT is gonna throw us off guard by bringing back someone we thought was dead. Since we're all expecting C

• It’s probably Kenny and his luck again, who are we kidding?

• Garcia's flying circus and their breathtaking trick "Determinant Screentime".

• Ma boi Officer Mitchell is back

• The more people bring it up, the more I think bringing back any characters would be a bad idea.

• Just give me Christa no one is more worthy

• Christa, Lilly and/or Molly. Any and all would appease me greatly.

Just so long as they get proper roles.

• enter image description here

Sparkeagle posted: »

Ma boi Officer Mitchell is back

• I know its about s1 but on the topic of returning characters would mike or bonnie be a possibility

• Mike: yes
    Bonnie: maybe

Arisis posted: »

I know its about s1 but on the topic of returning characters would mike or bonnie be a possibility

• I think someone will come back, maybe a couple.....with Christa being most likely.

• Bonnie: maybe

I doubt they would bring Bonnie in considering she is determinant and the fact that it wasn't even a choice causing her death so it might be really hard for Telltale to have her return in S4.

Bonbomb posted: »

Mike: yes Bonnie: maybe

• I can only see them bringing in Lilly, Christa, Molly, Mike, or even Arvo. But for Molly it's hard to say considering her voice actress also voiced Bonnie as well.

• Kenny please

• I would be the happiest if Christa came back.

• Bonnie wont come back. She's dead for me so they wont bring her back since she can die

Menofthe214 posted: »

I can only see them bringing in Lilly, Christa, Molly, Mike, or even Arvo. But for Molly it's hard to say considering her voice actress also voiced Bonnie as well.

• I would really like to see the aftermath Kenny. Remember, Clem can choose to be alone or go to Wellington with AJ and abandon him, so it would be interesting to see how Telltale would work Kenny's story back in and merge it with S4. Plus I don't think Telltale would've killed him off offscreen, they know how much of a pivotal character he is to us and how much he means to the storyline.

and i guess it would be ok to see what happened to jane as well.. -.-

xxplvb posted: »

Kenny please

• edited October 2017

I think Lilly's return would have the most gravitas, IMO. She's the only other character listed in this thread who was at "ground zero" (season 1 episode 1) alongside Clementine. She also got to knew Lee more closely than Christa did, which opens up the potential for some really emotional dialogue between Clem and Lilly about their memories of him. Her attitude toward Lee could vary depending on what he did to Larry in the meat locker.

• Yeah, plus there's a lot of potential backstory and development to be had for what's been happening with her since she was kicked out of her own group.

I think Lilly's return would have the most gravitas, IMO. She's the only other character listed in this thread who was at "ground zero" (sea

• Her attitude toward Lee could vary depending on what he did to Larry in the meat locker.

And that's probably the best argument of why this is not gonna work, because we all know TT won't be able to handle branching paths without ruining one or other side of a whole character development.

Besides, Lily's arch was more or less completed in S1, it was a story about a good survivor gone bad and eventually betraying the people she was trying to protect. It doesn't have one final ending and neither does Lee's, and to be honest, it doesn't need one. Except for the potential "ground zero" base for discussion there's not much left about Lily - I mean, yeah, TT can revive her ass and stuff, but it would be either a well-known portrayal of an ambitious/strict leader with dark, haunting backstory or another half-crazed backstabber convinced that we owe her something.

With Christa, TT can explore something new, something which hasn't been a thing before, which certainly opens up a shitload of possibilities. It's their homework to put it together and entertain players, especially now, when this is supposed to be the final conclusion and the ending should be rewarding enough for us to let it go and move on. They can also ruin this concept, however there's nothing we can do about it.

I think Lilly's return would have the most gravitas, IMO. She's the only other character listed in this thread who was at "ground zero" (sea

• edited October 2017

With Christa, TT can explore something new, something which hasn't been a thing before, which certainly opens up a shitload of possibilities.

Like what? Following your logic, there isn't much left about Christa, either. From what we saw, the months she spent with Clementine were coldly practical with no love or warmth to speak of. Lily, on the other hand, has connections with both Lee and Clementine that would offer a lot more storytelling-wise. There's very little material for Telltale to mine with Christa; certainly far less than Lily. Her story is just as "completed" as Lily's. At least Lily's fate was more ambiguous.

(Seriously, Christa was surrounded by a gang of men armed with guns, and was barely running off-camera at the time we heard the gunshot. Kenny-haters gripe every day about the lack of realism in Kenny's return, but it couldn't hold a candle to Christa's resurrection.)

fallandir posted: »

Her attitude toward Lee could vary depending on what he did to Larry in the meat locker. And that's probably the best argument of wh

• edited October 2017

While I agree that there's more precedence and intrigue in Lily returning over Christa, I honestly wouldn't mind seeing either get some limelight right now.

Mostly Lilly.

With Christa, TT can explore something new, something which hasn't been a thing before, which certainly opens up a shitload of possibilities

• Bring back Shel and Becca.

• Those who have seen my past posts regarding this topic probably know my first choice for a returning character already, so I'll stop running his possible return into the ground, especially since his odds of returning are extremely slim anyways.

I will say that while I did have skepticisms regarding the believability of Christa coming back into Clem's life again I think there could some interesting chemistry between the two considering their strained relationship before parting ways, and if their reunion turns out to be written in a compelling way I'd definitely be willing to look past those concerns.

• Imagine if Christa becomes Clem's enemy in S4. Being she lost her child, and now AJ's in the picture :0 "Custody battle" lol. Although I wouldn't wanna see her become a villain cause I'd hate for her story go down that path. However, I can see her becoming overprotective kinda like Kenny was in S2 for AJ.

lilsnek posted: »

I would be the happiest if Christa came back.

• Lily would've been perfect for ANF.

• edited October 2017

It'd be great if they somehow brought back Lilly and Christa together in the same group but it's not likely they'd have bumped into each other. Interesting thing is that neither of them would really know each other Christa heard of Lilly from Kenny but Lilly never had to hear of Christa nor meet up. Both characters would of known of Lee but Lilly would not know of his ultimate fate like Christa had. Christa wouldn't know that Kenny had survived before his true deaths nor would Lilly know or care because Kenny killed her father. Awkward but would make for the interesting conversation between Clementine, Christa, and Lilly to catch up and no one would really have a beef with each other unless Christa never forgave Clem for what happened with Omid.

• Haha, custody battle.. maybe they could be something like co-mommies instead. She really wasn't doing that great the last time we saw her. But I don't see her becoming a villain, that would be a disgrace. I've always liked her character. Here I am getting my hopes up she'll be back.

Imagine if Christa becomes Clem's enemy in S4. Being she lost her child, and now AJ's in the picture :0 "Custody battle" lol. Although I wou

• lily is dead did you not see in the walking dead 400 days? ha

• they both die in the flashbacks in s3 unless your on about what happens when you go off alone and leave either of them alive

I would really like to see the aftermath Kenny. Remember, Clem can choose to be alone or go to Wellington with AJ and abandon him, so it wou

• That was [determinately] Carley.

lily is dead did you not see in the walking dead 400 days? ha

• Don't get me wrong, I don't even like Christa, I just think she's got more potential than Lily.

Realistically speaking, Clementine's memories about Lily should be enough for her to not want to see Lily ever again. Sure, Lily was nice to her here and there, but that doesn't change the fact that Lily was the cause of not quite nice situations that certainly left a scar on Clementine's child psyche - killing one of their own group members in front of everyone and then determinantly stealing their van is more than enough for a little kid to associate Lily's character with commotion and general badness, as kids are really absorbent and smart. We actually saw that it has troubled Clem, because she was asking Lee about that. But nevermind.

Why I think Christa is a better candidate for a returning character in S4:

• she is a mother who had lost her child which is a great parallel to a teenage Clementine taking care of orphaned AJ;

• we could observe how she copes with a sudden appearance of both Clem and the baby, as she has probably left her past behind, but now is forced to deal with her loss again;

• she could be easily written to the S4's story as AJ's caretaker at the Ranch - she could be overprotective towards him and willing to kill Clementine if she tries to get him back, which leads to a bunch of heartbreaking moral decision that could actually work because they are strongly connected to the whole series and its very beginning;

• we could get the explanation of what has happened during the time jump;

• because this is supposed to be the final season, TT owes Christa at least some kind of recompensation, as she was Clem's guardian for the longest period of time and most likely she's taught Clem all of hers practical skills;

• the direction that S2's plot took was chosen by Christa, it fueled the whole story - it started and (determinantly) ended with Wellington;

• she was aware of Lee-Clem relationship and knew Lee well enough to hold conversations about him, what he would want, do or expect, which can be used as a moral compass that Clem needs right now, considering her ANF behaviour.

With Christa, TT can explore something new, something which hasn't been a thing before, which certainly opens up a shitload of possibilities

• edited October 2017

Eh, these are mostly pretty good arguments. Idk, I think the problem here is that both deserve to come back into the spotlight after so long, but this being The Final Season inevitably means that either one being left out would be a waste.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even like Christa, I just think she's got more potential than Lily. Realistically speaking, Clementine's memo

• That was Carley.

lily is dead did you not see in the walking dead 400 days? ha

• I simply think Christa deserves to come back the most, though I personally would want to see people like Nate or Eddie, even though it's highly impossible.

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, these are mostly pretty good arguments. Idk, I think the problem here is that both deserve to come back into the spotlight after so long, but this being The Final Season inevitably means that either one being left out would be a waste.

• Dude that would be awesome if they teamed up together and looked after AJ! But I doubt Telltale'll make that the entire storyline. I'm sure new headaches (not just walkers) will appear in Clem's path : (

lilsnek posted: »

Haha, custody battle.. maybe they could be something like co-mommies instead. She really wasn't doing that great the last time we saw her. B

• TT won't be able to handle branching paths without ruining one or other side of a whole character development.

I agree, I don't feel like it'll work out. Mainly because if they go this route, they'll make it look like the whole time Lily was right about everything and everyone was off their shit in S1. But I doubt she can change anyone's opinions on Lee (especially Clem) And just to add, I feel like David and Lily's stories are kinda similar. By Telltale forcing our emotions towards them in a certain direction off the bat, we really don't care for them and already feel a certain way about them that most likely won't change.

Her attitude toward Lee could vary depending on what he did to Larry in the meat locker. And that's probably the best argument of wh

• leave either of them alive

Yes! this I mean. I wanna know how Telltale'll work that out for players who got that ending. And yeah I know Kenny dies </3 But when he walks off in the end, where does he go? :o

Sign in to comment in this discussion.