Sam & Max Vista woes

edited September 2009 in Game Support
Okay, here's what's going on: For whatever reason, the games simply quit working on my laptop, stating that they couldn't find the Direct3D output for my video card. I double-checked the DirectX, which was current. I updated my video card drivers. And still, games aren't running, with the same Direct3D error. Checked the DVDs for any damage. There wasn't any.

What strikes me as particularly annoying is that the Sam & Max games are the only TellTale games that aren't working. I've pulled demos for SBCG4AP and ToMI, and they work just fine. So what the deuce is going on?

Comments

• edited August 2009
    They run on both my Vista PC and my Vista laptop, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
  • TorTor
    edited August 2009
    What strikes me as particularly annoying is that the Sam & Max games are the only TellTale games that aren't working. I've pulled demos for SBCG4AP and ToMI, and they work just fine.
    Have you tried any of the Sam & Max demos? It would be interesting to hear the results.
  • edited September 2009
    I'm getting the same error with the demos that I get off my DVDs: "Cannot initilize Direct3D."
  • edited September 2009
    My DVD says, it doesn't recognise my system registry.
This discussion has been closed.