The Council - Final Episode "Checkmate" Releases December 4th

1235»

Comments

• Damn it!

Sarah died because I didn’t have enough points to get through the confrontation. Feel bad about killing Emily right after too. l>!

• I left Emily alive because I read her mind and found out she actually wanted to die, so sparing her was more of a punishment.

AnimalBoy posted: »

Damn it! (Spoiler)

• edited October 2018

I turned out to not be as upset about it as I thought I was. That happened on what is basically my test playthrough. I have a second playthrough which contains my official choices and I was able to keep Sarah and Emily alive in that.

Cheddarhead posted: »

(Spoiler)

• The Council is an incredible game. So much better than anything Telltale has done.

• 4 episodes in and I still have no idea what to think about this game...

• I mean, it's better than a lot of the games TellTale has done recently, but TWD season 1, TWAU, TFTB, and all of Batman are better, at least so far. Even some of TellTale's older games are arguably better. It does have the potential to surpass these games though, I will give it that.

The Council is an incredible game. So much better than anything Telltale has done.

• edited October 2018

Can...

Elizabeth just come back? (She's alive in my game.) I'll gladly embrace my dameon side if the game let's me take control of Elizabeth's body. ;)

• Final Episode releases on December 4th.

The Council's fifth episode "Checkmate" releases December 4 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Finish your adventure and bear witness to the king's fall and pawns' rise. Can the De Richets survive the island in the end?https://t.co/z7gjNr0HBq pic.twitter.com/TaJNMouUpb

— The Council (@TheCouncilGame) 22 November 2018
  • Pissed that I never got to finish this series. They screwed up and only released the season pass version of episode 5 and haven’t mentioned anything about fixing this issue for weeks.

• I've been keeping an eye on this game, but never got around to actually purchasing it.

So, since the whole season is out and it's on sale on Steam right now, I'd like to ask whether it's worth it. ?

• I'd like to ask the same. It seems way more in-depth than a Telltale game, and with interesting RPG roles/stats to play around with, it looks kind of appealing.
    Just wondering if the choice-based aspect lives up to how I've heard it praised in the first episode.

Pipas posted: »

I've been keeping an eye on this game, but never got around to actually purchasing it. So, since the whole season is out and it's on sale on Steam right now, I'd like to ask whether it's worth it. ?

• Final episode felt a bit rushed at the end but it was overall a pretty satisfying series. There were some elements from previous episodes which could of totally screwed you over from getting a "good" ending if you messed up.

AChicken posted: »

I'd like to ask the same. It seems way more in-depth than a Telltale game, and with interesting RPG roles/stats to play around with, it look

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I finally have the opportunity to play this game, only had the time to play a small bit of episode 1, I like the intergration of RPG mechanics into a choice game thus far, it's neat. Unfortunately, the main character's voice acting is... rough, to say the least.

• I finished the first episode, and I like the RPG structure a lot, it's neat, adds some interesting variety to choices and actions around the areas. Still not a big fan of the main character's voice work, but it's growing on me enough.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.