Hit the Road as a possible unlockable?

edited September 2009 in Sam & Max
How would everyone feel if Telltale made a hidden un-lockable version of hit the road in their next installment of Sam n Max. maybe add it as a bonus with the next pack for XBOX live arcade, or wii or any platform I suppose, much like how Day of the Tentacle also included a version of Maniac Mansion right inside the game as an extra. I know I couldn't ask for anything better than enjoying all the old game play that made 'em so famous in the first place. I wonder if anyone else shares my same opinions. Maybe by stroke of luck a dev. will see this and take it to heart. Guess I will keep my fingers crossed!

Comments

• edited September 2009
    I would love it to be on like, some computer put in a new location. The thing is, you have to discover 3 pieces of the game in each episode to be able to play it in the last episode!!!
  • edited September 2009
    It seems there are legal issues with this, talked about in this thread.
  • edited September 2009
    It would make the episode pretty suspiciously huge, to have another game hidden inside. Especially if it's the CD talkie version of Hit the Road. People might not want to download it unless they want to.
  • edited September 2009
    maybe the possibility of a remastering would be in order. much like what they did with secret of monkey island where u press a button and switch back and forth from the classic game to the newly remastered, that version went real well for xbox live arcade
  • edited September 2009
    That's a whole can of licensing worms. Telltale doesn't own Hit the Road, Telltale can't do anything with Hit the Road.

Besides, I have ScummVM on my PC and on my Wii, I can play Hit the Road on my computer and television already. What would the point be?
  • edited September 2009
    Allowing people who don't own the game to play it, I guess.

Though I don't think it's a great idea, for reasons already mentioned in this thread.
  • edited September 2009
    Or even better an episode that has a secret hidden unseen episode, that can be unlocked within the game.
  • edited September 2009
    That's a whole can of licensing worms. Telltale doesn't own Hit the Road, Telltale can't do anything with Hit the Road.

Besides, I have ScummVM on my PC and on my Wii, I can play Hit the Road on my computer and television already. What would the point be?

How do you get ScummVM on your Wii?
  • edited September 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    How do you get ScummVM on your Wii?
    The ScummVM website has a dedicated Wii forum.
    Also, there is this wiki.
  • edited September 2009
    bobdevis wrote: »
    The ScummVM website has a dedicated Wii forum.
    Also, there is this wiki.

Is this legal in Nintendos eyes. Because the wiki called it a hack.
  • edited September 2009
    How in the world could it possibly be legal?
  • edited September 2009
    It is legal as in legal in the eyes of the law?
    Probably it is. It may depend on where you live though.

Will it break your warranty?
    Most definitely. It may be not so bad if you can undo it without leaving a trace though.

Does Nintendo like it when you it?
    Guess....
  • edited September 2009
    Homebrew is legal in most countries in the world. Using homebrew to play pirated games (or ROMs you haven't made yourself) is illegal pratically everywhere.
    In this case, you're using the game's files (which you have extracted yourself, if you've got the discs) on a "Virtual Machine" (arguing over if ScummVM is an emulator's for a different thread), so there should be no legal problems with it anywhere. The only group of people who will moan at you would probably be Nintendo (if you didn't pirate the game in the first place).
  • edited September 2009
    I legally own Curse of Monkey Island, Full Throttle, The Dig, Sam & Max Hit the Road and the first Broken Sword, and I have legally played them (along other games which I have played "less legally") with ScummVM on my Wii , and I can say it's TOTALLY AWESOME
  • edited September 2009
    Okay, none of you really know a whole lot about homebrew. Most people see "hack" and go "OMG ITS A HACK ITS SO ILLEGAL!!!" but it's not. The homebrew channel is an exploit of the wii menu, and since there is no EULA for the Wii, Nintendo has never made anyone say they won't install it.

If you look at homebrew on the PSP, you will find that it is illegal. Why? Because in the End User License Agreement is says not to install any unlicensed software.

So the Wii Homebrew Channel is perfectly legal. If nintendo doesn't like it, too bad! They don't create laws. And since it's only a software exploit, your warranty is fine.
  • edited September 2009
    Does it really matter? I mean it allows you to play games, that vista won't.

and back on topic, I think I will just wait until lucas arts re-releases it, like their doing with all there games.
  • edited September 2009

It's your Wii, do what the hell you want to with it :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.