Season 3 Theme [Contains Season 1 and 2 spoilers!]

2»

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Or maybe just something else beginning with H?
    Randulf wrote: »
    Hentai?

SWEET JEBUS NO! I dont want to see those two getting it on, that seems so... wrong... though bosco and sybil would make an interesting pair.......

lol! I love that one.

I dont have much I can add that hasnt been covered. Maybe going INSIDE Sam/Max to disrupt some kind of dissease/mind control/etc?
  • edited November 2009
    I know it was already the focus of an episode, but I'd love to see a full season of time travel. Instead of just having one scene from each time period, each episode could be a different time period, and S&M could interact with the ancestors of supporting characters (who just happen to look a whole lot like redressed versions of their future selves). Come on, think of the possibilites. Sam & Max in the middle ages. Sam & Max in the wild west. Sam & Max in ancient Rome. Sam & Max in feudal Japan. Sam & Max in prehistoric times!

Aside from that, I would love to see what Telltale could do with the roadside attractions theme from Hit The Road.
  • TeaTea
    edited November 2009
    Bigfoots. (Bigfeet?)
  • edited November 2009
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    You're wrong.
    Hugh Bliss and the Soda Poppers
    dropped by a lot before their showdowns.

2 things
    1. He ment AFTER they were beaten not BEFORE.
    use spoilers
    I used spoilers on your quote for you, so just copy that.
  • edited November 2009
    What's new Beelzeebub?
    "I wouldn't want you to get bored- you'll be seeing a lot of me, soon" Satan to Sam.

Suggets Stan may be about a fair bit.

Sorry Satan. wrong silver-tongued salesman
  • edited November 2009
    "I wouldn't want you to get bored- you'll be seeing a lot of me, soon" Satan to Sam.

I think this is the old joke that Sam and Max are going to hell when they finally die. After all, think of all the less-than-good stuff they've done over the years, including killing a few people in cold blood!
  • edited November 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    I think this is the old joke that Sam and Max are going to hell when they finally die. After all, think of all the less-than-good stuff they've done over the years, including killing a few people in cold blood!

I'd agree if it wasn't for
    soon
    I reckon it's meant to look like a throwaway joke at first. But in truth
    it reveals the next seasons bad guy
  • edited November 2009
    He doesn't say it exactly like that, though. (I'm not spoilering the line, spoilers are marked in the subject)

Satan: Really? I don't want you to get tired of me so soon, since you're going to be seeing so much of me later.
    Sam: I didn't like the sound of that...
    Max: Don't sweat it, Sam. We're bound to get reincarnated as each other a few times, anyway.
    Sam: You crack me up, little blasphemer.

I think it's just another "Sam are Max going to Hell" joke.
  • edited November 2009
    And there was the whole "chatting up the bug about blackmailing" bit.
    Just seems a little suspicious to me!
  • edited November 2009
    And there was the whole "chatting up the bug about blackmailing" bit.
    Just seems a little suspicious to me!

He's acting like a CEO from a Corporation. Those people ussually use parties for make connections and what not.

The phrase of see of me much more is way more suspicious than this part, but, who knows, since now Sam and Max know the River Stix is under their street, probably they will take advantage of it.

(But I still remember the Afterlife-Based Comic about they in fact go to heaven. But who knows...)
  • edited November 2009
    I thought that was meant to be an imagination sequence, or something. Possibly because I refuse to believe that Sam would casually smother Max to death with a pillow like that.

Though the Adventurer comics rarely made any sense, even by Sam and Max standards.
  • edited November 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I thought that was meant to be an imagination sequence, or something. Possibly because I refuse to believe that Sam would casually smother Max to death with a pillow like that.

He commit suicide after that, so, that somewhat fix it.

You know... I like the idea, because, even if they do bad stuff, rarely I feel Max (or sometimes Sam, but depend of what) actually weight the bad stuff he does. Granted, sometimes he do know, but I always feel he's more innocent than nothing. A somewhat twisted innocence, but innocent at the end. And what it's good or bad it's depend of each person, so, in some way I believe, in his twisted ethic, he's not that bad after all.

Or... Am I reading to much into it?
  • edited November 2009
    I really want them to battle their older and more classic enemies, such as the ones in the comic books, and maybe Conroy Bumpus from HtR? It's good to have Flint Paper (although I would like him to look a bit more realistic unlike the other characters, that was the idea behind him in the comics after all) but it's kinda not enough now.
  • edited November 2009
    They can't use Conroy Bumpus, he belongs to LucasArts. They can use the comic book characters, though.
  • edited November 2009
    They can't use Conroy Bumpus, he belongs to LucasArts. They can use the comic book characters, though.

It kinda started to bore me, you know, they just make up some characters and say it like "it's your enemy". Sam and Max franchise is quite big though, so, why not actually using it?
  • edited November 2009

Wich is what i've been saying for quite a while.
  • edited November 2009
    GinnyN wrote: »
    He commit suicide after that, so, that somewhat fix it.

You know... I like the idea, because, even if they do bad stuff, rarely I feel Max (or sometimes Sam, but depend of what) actually weight the bad stuff he does. Granted, sometimes he do know, but I always feel he's more innocent than nothing. A somewhat twisted innocence, but innocent at the end. And what it's good or bad it's depend of each person, so, in some way I believe, in his twisted ethic, he's not that bad after all.

Or... Am I reading to much into it?

Yes.

Your absolutely right AND your reading too far into it. But then maybe it was meant to be read into on many different levels like StarWars or Charlie Brown (both of which have like 8 different levels of meaning...)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.