OPEN PETITION TO REMAINING TELLTALE EMPLOYEES: PLEASE GIVE US THE PLOT/SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2

Putting this out there bc better now than later, and someone's going to bring it up anyway.
If the game isn't coming out, now would be a good time to show us what we could have expected in terms of general plot and characters, perhaps even art design. I'm not sure what was already done or if the game was even very far into production, but regardless, I think now is as good a time as ever to answer our questions. We at least should be owed that much, especially since TWAUs2 was driven by the fans for literal years.

Comments

• 100% agree, if Telltale legally can, they should really show fans what they were planning, it would mean more than they think for fans who've been waiting years for a season 2.

• I'd also wanna see some art samples of what the Season 2 art style would look like :weary:

• There are youtube channels who have had interviews with devs who worked on cancelled games and discussed in-detail their games that never released. I would love if a Telltale dev got in contact and spilled everything while remaining anonymous.

• edited September 2018

I'd even pay to see / know about anything stated above.

I'm not sure what exactly the legal procedures are, but Marc Laidlaw released Half-Life 3 plot drafts about 10 years after he wrote it so... not sure if we're gonna see anything anytime soon, if devs would be willing to share it at all.

Jesus, I'm still trying to process all of this...

• I'm still in denial and don't want to see the script so that another company can gracefully descend and scoop TWAU's IP rights up in their heavenly arms

• edited September 2018

Er I would want to, cause at least we'd have some kind of sequel, look Telltale screwed up, some things were their fault some things weren't but if the company has to die no matter what, I would love for a healthier company to pick up their legacy.
    Cause it could be the only shot we have of having similar telltale games.

Piggs posted: »

I'm still in denial and don't want to see the script so that another company can gracefully descend and scoop TWAU's IP rights up in their heavenly arms

• Not sure if that would be so easy tbh. I kinda hope that some decent company would get together the devs and continue the work (shame that Campo Santo isn't around anymore for that matter) but that would require not only obtain the rights to the TWAU itself, but also it would probably require a new deal with Bill Willingham and DC / Vertigo to negotiate the licensing of the original IP. So yeah, unlikely that we'll ever hear about TWAU2 ever again.

Piggs posted: »

I'm still in denial and don't want to see the script so that another company can gracefully descend and scoop TWAU's IP rights up in their heavenly arms

• I completely agree! I was thinking about this earlier today and it would make sense if we could at least see some concept art. We deserve something after waiting so long for nothing.

• I honestly don't think they have anything to show for S2.

Seeing how this year they were entirely focused on the walking dead and pushed TWAU to an undetermined 2019 date, I'd venture to say that they perhaps don't even have concept art to show.

• Oh fuck no, this is the absolute last thing I wanted lmao.
    I mean, at the very least it would be nice to see what the general plot would be, but Bill Willingham is the last person I want to see tell it. TWAU was only as good as it was because of its writers. Without Telltale, this is nothing. Vertigo's comic adaptation of TWAU proves that.

Jacol posted: »

https://twitter.com/BillWillingham/status/1043354457763770368

• I guess the issue is with the rights to the IP, and the whole deal with Willingham/DC/Vertigo.

If that wasn't the case, I'd be totally down for either one of below (using that unused TWAU2 script), even if it isn't in a form of a game:

• TWAU2 comics
    • TWAU2 animated series (with Adam, Erin, Melissa, Gavin etc back voicing their characters)

But yeah. Not likely to happen. Sighs....

• I really hope Bill Willingham tells us what the story would have been. Sadly I dont think Wolf Season 2 will ever happen now, I just want to know what we could have gotten, its really all I want to know at this point.

• I wonder if we can get scripts (like film scripts or TV series script - since when a tv series is cancelled, sometimes the showrunner releases the script of what would have happened to conclude the series). That would be a good consolation (I mean, I'd still be really sad, but be more comforted in knowing what would have happened)

Poogers555 posted: »

I really hope Bill Willingham tells us what the story would have been. Sadly I dont think Wolf Season 2 will ever happen now, I just want to know what we could have gotten, its really all I want to know at this point.

• Who knows I just hope we get something, even just a brief plot synopsis of what the game was going to be about without spoiling in case they think theres a chance a sequel will happen.

I almost want them to do a kick starter, like damn.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

I wonder if we can get scripts (like film scripts or TV series script - since when a tv series is cancelled, sometimes the showrunner releas

• Heck, like I said in my previous comment, even if not a game, I'd be totally down with them doing an animated TWAU series as a sequel.

Sure, it won't be interactive (no decisions for us to make). But it will be worth it just to hear Adam and Erin's Bigby and Snow voice again.

Who knows I just hope we get something, even just a brief plot synopsis of what the game was going to be about without spoiling in case they think theres a chance a sequel will happen. I almost want them to do a kick starter, like damn.

• The worst thing is they could totally get AT LEAST partial funding with one. TWAU is almost universally praised as Telltale's best game other than TWD. I have no doubt that people would jump on that campaign immediately, but the licensing is going to be the biggest cost over the development, the voice acting, the art, etc.

Who knows I just hope we get something, even just a brief plot synopsis of what the game was going to be about without spoiling in case they think theres a chance a sequel will happen. I almost want them to do a kick starter, like damn.

• I would be happy if they decide to make another Fables games, i think it is idle potential.

• I've been basically saying that on Twitter as soon as I found about about the closure, TWAU fanbase is so dedicated and we've been waiting for so long staying strong in hopes for the continuation that I think it's safe to say a fair bit of people would donate to Kickstarter campaign to get at least something done. A digital comic book, an animated series or audio novel (which I think would be the easiest and most affordable way of making more TWAU stories happen while retaining the original cast) or pretty much anything would be awesome. 3-5 or even 10 dollars from at least hundreds of dedicated fans would be pretty much a guarantee. Fuck, I would give them my full salary for half a year if I had to just to make it happen. But I guess it is unlikely after all with the licensing and all...

The best I can think of is trying to Kickstarter some sort of a fanfic (perhaps if Bill releases the S2 plot fans could gather to write a screenplay?) and use the money to get the original cast to do a podcast version of that. If labeled fan work which would be released for free maybe we wouldn't have to worry about licensing and all that...

Shiet, I know I'm talking crazy but man...

booper posted: »

The worst thing is they could totally get AT LEAST partial funding with one. TWAU is almost universally praised as Telltale's best game othe

• edited September 2018

Damn, I know the feeling man. Even if it's not a video game, I'd still be pretty happy if they could make an animated series with the same noir feeling as the games. Obviously people will feel a bit bummed they can't play as Bigby (hell, I'd be too, to some extent), but I'd be relieved to be able to hear Adam, Erin, Melissa, Gavin etc voicing their characters again.

Netflix would be a perfect home for TWAU animated series (since they are not too averse to pushing boundaries of the ratings. Something Fables and TWAU would be a perfect fit).

Kinda tempted to start a Twitter campaign for Netflix to make an animated series (like Castlevania), even though it might be pointless lol

• Is there any company similar to Telltale Games?

Demonarke posted: »

Er I would want to, cause at least we'd have some kind of sequel, look Telltale screwed up, some things were their fault some things weren't

• What's wrong with the comic adaptation?

booper posted: »

Oh fuck no, this is the absolute last thing I wanted lmao. I mean, at the very least it would be nice to see what the general plot would be

• Yeah a few, but they are not "wealthy".
    Companies similar to Telltale and with lots of budget would be Quantic dream, and that's it, all the others were on similar level to Telltale if not worser level considering the quality of their games.

So no, not a lot.

TDF16 posted: »

Is there any company similar to Telltale Games?

• I have to say that if Season 2 isn't picked up by anyone then an animated series or even a comic would suffice... Say what you want about Bill Willingham but I trust him tell a good story here, without him we wouldn't be talking about this series at all.

• Totally down with the animated series, but I honestly don't know I'd be simply satisfied with the comic. When I talked about this in Jacol's discord, I mentioned something like

"comic is better than nothing, but it's my least favored option. Better option would be comic + audio drama (of where the VAs voice their lines of comics, which people can listen to while reading the comics, both comic and audio drama acting complementary to each other). Better option than that would be animated series, and of course, best option above everything is a game."

I honestly hope we can get all the Wolf fans down there, to act as a temporary place for all Wolf fans to gather when this forum (eventually) shuts down, until Jacol gets his forum going.

HazzatheMan posted: »

I have to say that if Season 2 isn't picked up by anyone then an animated series or even a comic would suffice... Say what you want about Bi

• An audio drama I could see given how the VA's would probably do it for less money or even for free

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Totally down with the animated series, but I honestly don't know I'd be simply satisfied with the comic. When I talked about this in Jacol'

Sign in to comment in this discussion.