Are there people who geniually hate Clem or even can't stand her?

edited December 2018 in The Walking Dead

And if you do i wonder if you can explain why? I personally like Clem, but i'm interesting to hear opinions on her of those who hate her for some reason.

Comments

• edited December 2018

people who geniually hate Clem

No.

• I don't think so, at least not here

• No reason to play the series after S1 if you feel that way.

• I know most people hated Clem in ANF and that's understandable,but that's it.
    There's absolutely no reason to play this series after Season 1 if you hate Clem.

• As a huge ANF critic, I wouldn’t say I hated Clem, I think it’s physically impossible for me to anyway, but I just hated the direction they went with her. I see what they were trying to do with it, have her start off jaded and distant, and through her time with Javi and his “family” as well as her search for AJ, begin to open up and care again. The problem is that they failed spectacularly in that regard because of a multitude of factors. We also just didn’t like how she was forced into the game for the sake of marketing and then have her, the central focus of the first game and PC of the second, become a glorified side character who contributes little to nothing in the game itself. So I think it’s more so fans don’t like how Clem was done dirty by the developers, rather than hatred towards her.

iFoRias posted: »

I know most people hated Clem in ANF and that's understandable,but that's it. There's absolutely no reason to play this series after Season 1 if you hate Clem.

• I didn't like her in S2 and ANF, but i loved her in S1 and S4 has made me like her again.

• Pretty much.

There's absolutely no reason to play this series after Season 1 if you hate Clem.
    @SavageClemmy No reason to play the series after S1 if you feel that way.

You know, unless you enjoy anything else about the series enough.

iFoRias posted: »

I know most people hated Clem in ANF and that's understandable,but that's it. There's absolutely no reason to play this series after Season 1 if you hate Clem.

• Yah, if you hate Clem you can be mean to her throughout s1, make her into a sadistic monster in s2, treat her like shit again in s3, and then have her be a bad mouth and a shitty hunter up till this point. If it doesn't give you anything else it will definitely give you a good laugh.

DabigRG posted: »

Pretty much. There's absolutely no reason to play this series after Season 1 if you hate Clem. @SavageClemmy No reason to play the

• Not what I meant.

Yah, if you hate Clem you can be mean to her throughout s1, make her into a sadistic monster in s2, treat her like shit again in s3, and the

• I hated her direction in Season 2 and A New Frontier (It was a little improvement but still).

• i think i saw some in this community who hated her they even wished her death some one called clemalltime if i am not mistaking in his name he claimed he hated her because of her terrible story aand character devolpment after season 1 and she is the reason why the series going down hill he got real toxic about her around ANF last time i checked his comments he were banned and i never saw him again.
    other i recall he is not so much active i can't say he hated her but i can say he commented he wish that she die and later he said in another thread he wish that every one in ANF frontier make it alive and not end up dead like last seasons i asked him when you mean everyone you include Clem too he said yes i commented to him by a screen shot shows the comment that wished her death in it if i recall correctly he called animalboy
    you can ask them if get to them why they really hate her.

• Season 2 Clem is best Clem

• No. No there are not.

• If there were. They wouldn't play the game, let alone be on the walking dead page

• It's worth noting that despite more or less being the mascot, the stories of subsequent are seldom truly focused on her.

• I've seen a few, not many though. Like, I could count them on one hand there have been so few. And before anyone asks, no, I can't recall names.

• I don't hate Clementine, however I've struggled to like Clementine from time to time.

I really enjoyed her in Season One. It wasn't until Season Two that the narrative itself caused the strain. Having a child placed into situations that the adults ought to have attempted continuously was immersion breaking. Season Three ( ANF ), Clementine was more or less a character that didn't align well with what I knew of her previously. At times, I resented her being thrust into the story, as I felt it made it suffer over all, and took away from the Garcia family becoming what they could have been. Alternatively, I wonder if it caused the resentment towards the Garcia family for being thrust into Clementine's narrative and taking away from her arc with AJ ( also causing the AJ resentment as there's no existing bond, and we're forging one in S4. )

All that being said, the final season's Clementine I've enjoyed. This final chapter has been thus far what I've hoped to see since Season One.

• I don't hate Clementine or anything, but I do kind of hate how she's been written since she shot that guy in A New Frontier. She really shouldn't have even been in that game to begin with- it feels like she was just shoehorned into the story after the No Clementine No Buy outrage that happened on the forum (but I'm not clear on the time between when that happened and when ANF released so I'm not sure if that theory is plausible.)

I definitely haven't enjoyed playing her in The Final Season, but I don't know if that's because I dislike her character or the overall plot. She's not a very good parental figure to AJ (you'd think with all the shit she's been through that she'd be better at explaining morality) and some dialogue options make her act really stupid and arrogant for no reason (there's one point in episode two in the principal's office, when Mitch is arguing about Clem being let back into the group, where if you choose the silent option Clementine just gets all up in his face like she's some tough bitch completely ignoring that Mitch threatened her with a knife after Marlon was killed. seriously Clem that's a really great way to get stabbed)

• I agree with this 100%

hemfbg posted: »

I don't hate Clementine or anything, but I do kind of hate how she's been written since she shot that guy in A New Frontier. She really sho

• I guess their is someone who hates everything. Their is a cold, damp, dark place in the underworld right next to Pol Pot and Michael Jackson for people who hate Clementine.

• I'm pretty sure that Pol Pot is in heaven but ok.

ZombieKenny posted: »

I guess their is someone who hates everything. Their is a cold, damp, dark place in the underworld right next to Pol Pot and Michael Jackson for people who hate Clementine.

• It wasn't until Season Two that the narrative itself caused the strain. Having a child placed into situations that the adults ought to have attempted continuously was immersion breaking.

Honestly, I tended to get the vibe that a number of the complaints at least the first half of Season 2 got was indirectly thanks to Season 1 more or less making things too easy, appealing, and convenient to a lot of people.

Season Three ( ANF ), Clementine was more or less a character that didn't align well with what I knew of her previously.

That was a major portion of it, yes.

At times, I resented her being thrust into the story, as I felt it made it suffer over all, and took away from the Garcia family becoming what they could have been.

I think the sad, Catch 22 with that is the fact that it was a risk that had some promise for some interesting things to come out of it, but like many interesting or resonating things in these games, it lost as the Installment went on--almost immediately so.

Alternatively, I wonder if it caused the resentment towards the Garcia family for being thrust into Clementine's narrative

Nah, that was mainly plain stubbornness.
    Also, it was ultimately the other way around.

also causing the AJ resentment as there's no existing bond, and we're forging one in S4

That actually existed long before ANF.

Poptarts posted: »

I don't hate Clementine, however I've struggled to like Clementine from time to time. I really enjoyed her in Season One. It wasn't until

• I see that argument about S2 brought up a lot, and I fully concede the windmill scene was completely ridiculous after going through the game recently. The rest of the season honestly felt like it was more about not having an input and watching people make rash decisions that led to completely fubar situations.

Poptarts posted: »

I don't hate Clementine, however I've struggled to like Clementine from time to time. I really enjoyed her in Season One. It wasn't until

• To be fair to the windmill scene, that was them genuinely wanting to combine a puzzle with character development, even doing research into how it works, but then realizing/running into the issue of it being an impractical stretch.
    So it was either cut it or at least keep the character moment and they went for the latter, for what it ultimately worth anyway.

I see that argument about S2 brought up a lot, and I fully concede the windmill scene was completely ridiculous after going through the game

• I'm pretty sure Clementine was always meant to be in ANF? Just not as the protagonist.

i think the fact that Clem isn't a perfect parent is actually good storytelling.

hemfbg posted: »

I don't hate Clementine or anything, but I do kind of hate how she's been written since she shot that guy in A New Frontier. She really sho

• edited December 2018

It was a mix of both.

S2 came off to me as symbolizing how many things can affect you in life but you have no control over those things, but then how you're also forced to do things you have no control over. Especially when you're an 11 year old girl in a apocalypse.

S2 overall just had a very dreary, suffocating theme of nihilism. it deliberately sticks out as the most darkest when comparing it to the other seasons.

I see that argument about S2 brought up a lot, and I fully concede the windmill scene was completely ridiculous after going through the game

• That pretty much sums it up. I, personally, loved it for that. I'm used to the alpha male take charge kind of thing, I wasn't really ready for that.

It was a mix of both. S2 came off to me as symbolizing how many things can affect you in life but you have no control over those things,

• No, she was definitely intended to be in ANF-back when it was "Season 3"--as a co-protagonist.
    Things just changed to the point where she ended up stuck as an Advertised Extra.

I'm pretty sure Clementine was always meant to be in ANF? Just not as the protagonist. i think the fact that Clem isn't a perfect parent is actually good storytelling.

• I only kinda sort of dislike Clementine in Season 3. I know why she is the way she is but there is a difference between being a savage and being a dick. I really like Javier Garcia so whenever Clem acts like an asshole to him I get upset. Especially when she never gives Gabe any attitude despite all the diarrhea that comes out of that boys mouth.

• Especially when she never gives Gabe any attitude despite all the diarrhea that comes out of that boys mouth.

Maybe because he never gives her any "diarrhea." Or anything that you'd realistically be able to call that, anyway.

I only kinda sort of dislike Clementine in Season 3. I know why she is the way she is but there is a difference between being a savage and b

• What I mean is that she disregards what he says to others. Gabe in episode 4 keeps pushing Javi’s buttons but Clementine doesn’t rebuke anything hesays about Conrad despite how she was held at gunpoint by that psycho.

Especially when she never gives Gabe any attitude despite all the diarrhea that comes out of that boys mouth. Maybe because he never gives her any "diarrhea." Or anything that you'd realistically be able to call that, anyway.

• She does back Javier up on the reason he did that.

What I mean is that she disregards what he says to others. Gabe in episode 4 keeps pushing Javi’s buttons but Clementine doesn’t rebuke anything hesays about Conrad despite how she was held at gunpoint by that psycho.

• That was towards Tripp, not Gabe

She does back Javier up on the reason he did that.

• In context, she did that because Tripp assumed he shot Conrad for no reason; Gabe was supposed to be more calling Javier out as a hypocrite there.

That was towards Tripp, not Gabe

• edited December 2018

That was all a mess. I think I had more of a problem with how they started ANF with her in default "everything fails" state. Episode 3 is what, 2 days in? She's hugging this asshole even if he sells her out, and within two weeks she's learned how to overcome years of emotionally crippling trauma because of someone who can't grasp Spanish, and his hot topic nephew. I don't know if hot topic is still a thing. But still, ANF went off the rails and into a lake. I feel like that's not how psychological damage works.

• I don't think that's how it works at all. I hardly believe how she is now. Most normal people would've succumbed to that type of trauma a while ago. And having it happen twice without much evident long term effect, is extraordinary, if not a little unconventional.

I've got a feeling ep3 is going to deal a heavy blow. If that doesn't cause some strain on her persona and beliefs in morality, it might be stretching it a bit far.

That was all a mess. I think I had more of a problem with how they started ANF with her in default "everything fails" state. Episode 3 is wh

• S4 is a pretty damn good continuation of S2. I tend to avoid ANF.

I don't think that's how it works at all. I hardly believe how she is now. Most normal people would've succumbed to that type of trauma a wh

• They probably should've had an apologize option there instead/as well, depending on previous choices.

That was all a mess. I think I had more of a problem with how they started ANF with her in default "everything fails" state. Episode 3 is wh

• edited December 2018

No one has the heart to hate on this poor girl who have lost and experienced the most tragic life no one in twd series lived....the only thing I hated about her (or on TT) is how they fucked up her attitude in anf....that wasn't clem that was an impostor anyhow they fixed it in TFS.

• Heh. "Fixed."

No one has the heart to hate on this poor girl who have lost and experienced the most tragic life no one in twd series lived....the only thi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.