'The Final Season' sucked

Comments

• Did it though?

BigBadPaul posted: »

It wasn't great... but it definitely didn't suck. The ending was a very pleasant plot twist. Though the flashback and determinent deaths wer

• Me trying to pass first year of university, lool.

ANF was a C- to a D+

• That’s a really, really BIG disagree on my part.

Joshua1991 posted: »

Violet was hotter.

• Katie then? Who?

AnimalBoy posted: »

That’s a really, really BIG disagree on my part.

• edited March 2019

In my opinion, Kate’s one of the best looking females in the series.

Katie then? Who?

• High five, man!

• edited March 2019

Hell no.

Y'all missing out on Brenda St. John.

• Well, she was lucky that Larry had charm coming out of his ass. Ha!

Hell no. Y'all missing out on Brenda St. John.

• Never change <3

• A new frontier, Jane and Kate sucked

• Wouldn't say Chuck's death is a flaw. I think his inclusion is executed nicely. A flaw is how Doug vs Carley is so lobsided in terms of the following events.

AronDracula posted: »

Season 1 had MUCH better character development than TFS. Sure it has some flaws, like Chuck's death but still not close to TFS flaws which are worse.

• But he is one of the main reasons Clementine is alive in the first place. His death was nothing but garbage. He splits up from the group not 10 minutes later in Episode 4 and just happen to die in the sewers. He doesn't even get mentioned by anyone else other than Lee later on. It was sooo stupid.

Ghetsis posted: »

Wouldn't say Chuck's death is a flaw. I think his inclusion is executed nicely. A flaw is how Doug vs Carley is so lobsided in terms of the following events.

• The Final Season was good though. Everybody loved the first one. Some people didn't like ep.2 even though it was well done. Ep.3 and ep.4 were faced paced; that's why it seemed rushed. We already had 2 sad ending with Clem, isn't it about time she gets a happy one for once? Otherwise her journey would've been for nothing. Great ending to a great game.

• Yeah I feel like the group should care more about him, but I guess he really only mattered to Lee and Clem, and I don't want another Ava/Tripp situation again. It was only just very sad to see him die, at least I didn't go 'excuse me wtf this is garbo' he just fits in the plot nicely. I wouldn't be surprised if you also hate Mariana dying. Although, with her case, the writing just didn't really benefit from her dying. It worked with where the story was at with Chuck's death in S1, but with Mariana she just gets remembered and that's it. Doesn't help the story. Maybe it would've made sense if Gabe was handled better because of Mari's death, and even then it doesn't work because it's the start of the story, right? She doesn't make much of an impact before she dies, and you could argue the same for Mark but he was a plot device to serve the St Johns in the story.

AronDracula posted: »

But he is one of the main reasons Clementine is alive in the first place. His death was nothing but garbage. He splits up from the group not

• I thoroughly enjoyed the majority of the season, however the season finale was an absolute disappointment and completely underwhelming.

The majority of the characters were relegated into background obscurity severely lacking in any form of character development or character growth that progressed throughout the season. I believe they began to bank far too heavily on the romance dynamic that they forgot they had a supporting cast alongside Violet/Louis which made the bulk of the cast completely forgettable and expandable.

The majority of the determinant variables such as Lily's fate and James's survival were poorly mishandled and to an extent flat out butchered. Lily is a irrelevant non factor that has barely 5 minutes of screentime simply forgotten for the rest of the episode. James had a poorly radical 180 persona switch turning him from an intriguing introverted character of a fascinating lifestyle and ideology into a generic telltale character. James becomes an irrationally ignorant character who obstinately refuses to perceive any form of honest reality of the situation at hand and exactly why Lily was killed to the point that it makes James a near disillusioned individual detached from reality. I understand that James lives a pacifist lifestyle and he strives to spread that ideology, but he isn't as childishly ignorant as the finale portrayed him as turning him into a person so devoid of any rational reasoning and indulged in this Disney channel belief that not killing in the apocalypse is a plausible reality. Not to mention that I loyally sided with James from day 1 doing everything he asked of me even sparring the walkers and agreeing to his ideology. And NONE of that matter because god forbid you make one choice that James disagrees with and now you are the incarnation of Marilyn Manson who revels in bloodshed and death. And not only is that bad enough, but then he just vanishes for the rest of the episode to never be seen again.

Then there's AJ who was a wasted failure with the whole "You mold AJ Into what he becomes" rhetoric that fails in nearly all fronts. AJ comes off more as an angsty bipolar teenager with a trigger happy itch that has next to no growth or actual distinctive characteristics. What exactly makes my AJ that much different from any other 5 players AJ? Sure he makes a few different choices, but he's practical the same character from start to finish for everyone with nothing exceptionally unique or exceptional in his growth or progression through the series. Contrast AJ to Joker from "The Enemy Within" series where depending on your teachings and actions turns Joker into a psychotic villain or a aspiring Anti-Hero that fights alongside Batman. Through the entire series there's a underlining progression of Joker from a child like blank canvass into either a villain or hero which reaches a climatic payoff in EP4. The entire season failed to ever truly integrate that degree of character growth and distinct characteristics which made AJ a player molded character which is disappointing.

Then there's the fact that the season as a whole failed in building towards anything of a true finality to this critically acclaimed series that has spanned over 6 years. The bulk of the season is centered around romance and inner play within the boarding school which is nice yet does not build to anything of any true significance. Granted the Delta/Lily becomes an antagonistic force mid way into the series, but that's resolved in EP3 leaving nothing to do in EP4. The one main central plot of the season is concluded as quickly as it started with a lackluster ending and climax. Delta's ship is destroyed and Lily is killed or defeated with the kids from our school rescue. The story is concluded and resolved swiftly meaning we spend half of the finale simply wandering from point A to point B with stuff happening along the way. There's a few cool moments here and there, but it they don't truly amount to much leaving a less then meaningful journey.

Then there's the roster of wasted characters such as Lily, James, Tenn, Aaisim, Omar, Ruby, Willy, Rosie and Eddie. Half of these characters are forgettable extras of the group or had so little screentime and development that you forgot they were apart of the story. Eddie from 400 days was brought back for a 10 second death for absolutely no reason at all other then fanservice I suppose. Why Eddie? Why bring him back? I don't even know if the creative team knows why since it is the most random and meaningless waste of an establish character that serves no purpose or reason other than a established character coming back. Then you have characters such as Ruby, Willy, Aasim, Rosie and Omar who are suppose to be a supporting cast, but they have so little development or screentime that they're simply reduced to models Inheriting space around them. There's nothing meaningful or memorable of any of these characters other then a few highlighted footnotes.

Then there's the problem of characters acting uncharacteristically stupid or moronic for the sake of pressing drama which kills the drama in the process. The bridge scene turned Tenn into an irrationally stupid character acting out in a way that even a ordinary child would have common sense not to fall for. Tenn knows Minnie is beyond reach and dying even acknowledging this yet seconds later is in a near hypnotic state trying to reach Minnie who is being eaten alive in front of him while trying to kill him. Then there's the question of how was Minnie able to make as much loud noise and even singing with the walkers completely bypassing her as if she wasn't there. I know there'll be the excuse that "She was covered In walker blood" or "She was already infected" but the fact that she was firing gunfire off in the middle of walkers while loudly yelling and singing aloud drew absolutely no walkers is truly hard to believe since she was still alive and not fully turned.

And then there's Clementine being bit which Stevie Wonder saw a mile away happening especially since the game literally stopped in past episodes to all but say "CLEMENTINE WILL GET BIT" which drastically took alot out of that moment since it was so overemphasized and anticipated throughout the entire series. And that sub plot of Clementine being bit amounted to absolutely nothing and was extremely rushed through giving off once more another false sense of urgency that was not earned or truly built to. The ending is ok I suppose for what it's worth, but it was a poor bait and switch that truly cheapened any actual emotional stakes with Clementine being bit all for a wholesome happy ending. I would have preferred they had pulled a S2 finale where you get to chose from a number of endings what you want your Clementine's story to be. It would be a nice call back to the "#MyClementine" allowing the player to decide what their ending for their Clementine would be. Instead it's a singular canon ending that was quite lackluster and really didn't feel like a finality to a character who has had a beyond memorable journey of ups and downs which simply ends with her losing a leg. There's nothing about the ending that's memorable or as invoking as S1&S2 endings were which had earned emotional climaxes that to this day are still memorable and iconic to the series.

I enjoyed the series for the most part, but nothing about the season truly felt like a genuine finality to either Clementine's story or Telltales walking dead as a whole. It was largely another rehashed cycle of the same outworn Telltale formula that is beyond exhausted and flat out tiring.

• And this forum is full of 20 year olds who hate their life and hate basically everything because of it.
    I'd rather be part of the group that think the game is more amazing than it is than the group that keeps talking about the same 2-3 issues they have with it again...and again...and again...

iFoRias posted: »

You're talking about the walking dead game reddit ? Because if you are then no it's not lol r/thewalkingdeadgame is just full of braindea

• While your assertion to a degree does have validity, I'd implore you to read post from those such as myself who have actually explained our dissatisfaction and disappointment for this finale.

Rankles75 posted: »

Goodbye, you miserable forum cancer. Shame that every community seems to have a handful of people like you who just shit on everything const

• Might I ask what those 2-3 issues are? I've voiced in detail just above your post as to what my problems are with the finale.

I do believe that your generalized assertion of the forums position is quite irrationally unfair and unreasonable simply because they voice their displeasure with a video game.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

And this forum is full of 20 year olds who hate their life and hate basically everything because of it. I'd rather be part of the group th

• I woke up to twelve notifications. Are we alright, guys? ?

• I too hate it when people enjoy things.

You're talking about the walking dead game reddit ? Because if you are then no it's not lol r/thewalkingdeadgame is just full of braindea

• Ya well what's the point when all you see is 'I love her smile!' that's what you do after the season ends. Recaps and stuff. Talk it over a few months down the line with your buddies. Chit chat. But there is no point being in a forum/subreddit where all you do is talk about what you loved.You just acknowledge that those people exist, you don't visit them everyday to share what you loved again. Most forums/subreddits are meant to be like this anyway. It's just that some of the 'this game is more amazing' people are painting us in a way like we're all cynics and it just results in more salty arguments where people need to explain themselves again. What we have here is much better than the subreddit.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

And this forum is full of 20 year olds who hate their life and hate basically everything because of it. I'd rather be part of the group th

• What we have here is much better than the subreddit.

Ghetsis posted: »

Ya well what's the point when all you see is 'I love her smile!' that's what you do after the season ends. Recaps and stuff. Talk it over a

• (Looking forward to ignoring yet another notification that you've replied to me)

• And if she died, they'd still complain. That's all the vocal minority of this fandom is now, whining atop of whining that the actual thing didn't match the fan fiction in their head.

Reason everybody hates this episode is because they want to Clementine Dead .

• edited March 2019

Funny to see how different the r/TheWalkingDeadGame subreddit and this forum are. Here, almost everyone hates/dislikes the final episode and the majority doesn't like the season overall, while in the subreddit it's the EXACTLY opposite.
    Some strawpolls* 'bout the season has been made in the subreddit, here are the results:

What's your favorite episode?
    6% - Episode 1
    8% - Episode 2
    18% - Episode 3
    68% (!) - Episode 4

What was more sad?
    Clem's "death" - overwhelming 75%
    Lee's death - 25%

Cutest clementine:
    S3 - 6%
    S2 - 8%
    S1 - 35%
    S4 - 51%

Amazing how divided folks are in terms of opinions about season 4

*credits to Falcongirl2016, who made these polls.

EDIT: to be clear, I loved TFS aswell. I think it's a bit better than season 2, and obviously a million times better than ANF.

• I'm more disappointed that telltale didn't go the S2 route of having a diverse amount of paths for the player to conclude Clementine's story with.

The ending is serviceable for what it's worth, but personally it would've been nice if there had been 4-5 distinctive ends tailored by the players choices that led them to that ending. I'm not asking for precisely what I want, but it's not unreasonable to ask of something telltale has shown they are more than capable of producing.

And if she died, they'd still complain. That's all the vocal minority of this fandom is now, whining atop of whining that the actual thing didn't match the fan fiction in their head.

• It comes down to different perceptions of the season with some loving it and hating which is fine. I personally enjoyed 1-3, but was severely underwhelmed by EP4 with others having contrary views.

Funny to see how different the r/TheWalkingDeadGame subreddit and this forum are. Here, almost everyone hates/dislikes the final episode and

• Spitting truth.

Chibikid posted: »

I'm more disappointed that telltale didn't go the S2 route of having a diverse amount of paths for the player to conclude Clementine's story

• I love the fanboys like @Melton23 or @KudzuDevoursYou who are stuck in their little bubble/echo-chamber and can't accept any criticism against the game,the majority of the people who played it enjoyed it,despite all the flaws it had i enjoyed it,but i guess it's too hard for some people to fucking understand that,despite me repeating myself like 10 times and more.

If you can't handle any criticism/negativity against a game or something else you like,if you can't handle people having different opinion than yours then maybe you should stay away from places like this.

• Shit ton better than ANF. Thank god they went out with a proper season, instead of Javis shitshow. What a waste of time that was.

• edited March 2019

I’ve accepted the criticsm, I’ve admitted that the Minerva scene is a little dumb but I have the good mind to keep my mouth shut about it so I’m not ruining it for people who actually enjoy scenes like that, you only comment the negative instead of analysing both the upside and shortcomings like I do. Season 4 wasn’t the greatest at times, I didn’t even like episode 3 but did you see me go off on huge rants? No. Because I knew it was going to get me absolutely nowhere and it was only going to make somebody who wants to enjoy the game, and who actually enjoys the series instead of hovering around for no apparent reason, angry.

And “places like this” are fandom forums for a reason. Who people who actually enjoy the final product of what they are offered. You don’t even have a single good thing to say about the series, so if anything you’re the one who should be steering clear from “places like this”

I love the fanboys like @Melton23 or @KudzuDevoursYou who are stuck in their little bubble/echo-chamber and can't accept any criticism again

• I’m not gonna lie, I wanted her determinat but I’m still Satisfied for what we got.

And if she died, they'd still complain. That's all the vocal minority of this fandom is now, whining atop of whining that the actual thing didn't match the fan fiction in their head.

• Hell to the No!

Hell no. Y'all missing out on Brenda St. John.

• I dont even have a single good thing to say about the series ? What the fuck are you even on about ? I loved the first season and the second one and i've been praising TFS for 6 months lmao this man.

Melton23 posted: »

I’ve accepted the criticsm, I’ve admitted that the Minerva scene is a little dumb but I have the good mind to keep my mouth shut about it so

• #75, DEADHEADS!!!

• What the fuck have I created? LOOL.

• Also, one thousand views and counting. xo

What the fuck have I created? LOOL.

• Epic. Yes threads like this usually dont go very well

Also, one thousand views and counting. xo

• Thank you; I will be here until the closure.

Epic. Yes threads like this usually dont go very well

• Eh.

@Joshua1991 Violet was hotter.

Wow, so underwhelmed.

Why does the third one sound like Kenny? Haa.

Yeah, I was gettin ready to say! :lol:

@Joshua1991 Also are we seriously calling Season 1 the best season? When E3-5 had major flaws as well?
    Episode 2 of Season 1 is the only episode of the season that's immaculate from start to finish

The primary justification, with or without those flaws, it's a far more cohesively put together and executed story & gameplay experience.

@AronDracula Season 1 had MUCH better character development than TFS. Sure it has some flaws, like Chuck's death but still not close to TFS flaws which are worse.

Mm, essentially.

@BigBadPaul It wasn't great... but it definitely didn't suck. The ending was a very pleasant plot twist. Though the flashback and determinent deaths were kinda meh. And the interactions were lacking. But, overall, I felt mostly fullfilled.

But, you wanna know what DID suck?...

looks at ANF

You know, if you have to keep invoking that...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.