Resident Evil 3 Discussion

edited August 2022 in General Chat

Comments

• SOO FUCKING HYPED!!! I actually didn't expect it to be released so early. I thought it was going to take longer than 1 year to make this game but doesn't matter. The Last of Us 2 and Resident Evil 3 are my most anticipated games for the next year.

• edited December 2019

He's back

• I'm really excited! I loved RE2 so I'll definitely be picking this up on launch! Honestly did not expect it to actually be coming out so soon regardless of the leaks, but I'm very happy it is!

I wonder if after this they'll go on to remake RE4. It would make sense considering how beloved that game is.

• Also you can get this for just 180 dollars. Still confused on why people though the Walking Dead Collection was a fair price at 400

• Code Veronica would be the next. Fans have beeb saying since RE2 that they want Veronica after RE3

lupinb0y posted: »

I'm really excited! I loved RE2 so I'll definitely be picking this up on launch! Honestly did not expect it to actually be coming out so soo

• We gotta keep Carlos safe

Poogers555 posted: »

He's back

• Nice

Also you can get this for just 180 dollars. Still confused on why people though the Walking Dead Collection was a fair price at 400

• You can only get this Collector's edition at GameStop if anyone is interested.

Also you can get this for just 180 dollars. Still confused on why people though the Walking Dead Collection was a fair price at 400

• Ah yeah, I've heard people asking for a remake of that! It's the last RE game to have tank controls too wasn't it? So it'd make more sense if they decide to do that next.

Code Veronica would be the next. Fans have beeb saying since RE2 that they want Veronica after RE3

• edited December 2019

Cyberpunk 2077, watch dogs legion, dying light 2, doom eternal, and now re3 remake, 2020 is guna be a big biggg biggggg year for gaming.

• I cry for my wallet.

Cyberpunk 2077, watch dogs legion, dying light 2, doom eternal, and now re3 remake, 2020 is guna be a big biggg biggggg year for gaming.

• I seriously dont know whats so good about RE games lol

I played all kinds of games but this i never found attractive for some reason.

• I heard that RE2 got an update in which it has to do with the connection between it and RE3. I need to see it myself.

• Interesting. I'm not sure if you want it spoiled of what this content is, but...

https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil-3-jill-letter-resident-evil-2/

The achievement list for the Resident Evil 2 remake recently got an unexpected addition that points to an update that will further connect the two games, though it's not clear when the update itself will arrive.

The new "Chasing Jill" achievement is awarded when you "read a letter left behind by Jill." The Resident Evil 2 remake has several letters that players can find from other characters, including one from Chris Redfield (or somebody claiming to be Chris) that mentions Jill Valentine. None of the existing letters were written by Jill herself, suggesting that we should be on the lookout for a new addition to the game.

AronDracula posted: »

I heard that RE2 got an update in which it has to do with the connection between it and RE3. I need to see it myself.

• I’m so hyped.

• edited February 2020

I'm really not sure if I wanna play the upcoming demo for Resident Evil 3. Maybe it will be the same as RE2 remake demo which I haven't played but I'd rather have a full experience and face the whole nightmare fuel of the new Nemesis myself.

• Id expect it to be like that last demo wheres theres a time limit.

I'm really not sure if I wanna play the upcoming demo for Resident Evil 3. Maybe it will be the same as RE2 remake demo which I haven't played but I'd rather have a full experience and face the whole nightmare fuel of the new Nemesis myself.

• I never thought Louis and Javi would share dialouge until now

• I think this game could have been easily fixed if they added more major puzzles in downtown Raccoon City, thus giving Nemesis more screentime for his "Mr. X" segments. They should have had us get train parts for the subway train in different locations and more city locations which we are forced to unlock to progress the story.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's amazing to learn that Jeff Schine and Sterling Sulieman are the only VAs who were casted in both Walking Dead and Resident Evil.

I never thought Louis and Javi would share dialouge until now

• I didn't know Tyrell was Louis until the end of the RPD section. I really hope Jeff becomes the next Troy Baker. His voice acting is just so damn nice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's amazing to learn that Jeff Schine and Sterling Sulieman are the only VAs who were casted in both Walking Dead and Resident Evil.

• An idea came into my mind. I'm going to make a tribute for all three games that brought the franchise back to life. But don't expect it any sooner because this week is tearing me apart with deadlines and assignments

• edited April 2020

I finished Resident Evil 3 for the second time and for some reason, I'm having more fun with this game than RE7 and RE2 which are way better entries. The pacing is just soo good and killing the zombies is just as satisfying as RE2 remake, despite the engine downgrades.

I just found out that I cannot get the classic Jill costume unless I pre-ordered the game digitally. Fuck you, Capcom. Pre-order exclusives should'vs never been a thing to begin with.

• The pre-order outfits will probably become available at a later time like the RE2 remake costumes did. That said you really arnt missing out. I actually vastly prefer the default Jill outfit as well as the default Carlos outfit. I think it fits the style of the game way better than the classic outfits.

I actually 100% RE3 today which I have not for RE2 or RE7. RE2 mostly because its a lot more time consuming and it gets a bit tiring having to do the whole game again just for one achievement. So I will say a good thing about RE3 being shorter is it made it a lot more manageable to replay and speedrun. RE7 I actually have all achievements for the base game but I dont want to bother with the DLC ones. I personally dont really like either DLC campaigns for RE7 so Im not really interested in trying to 100%. I mean Hell, one of the achievements for the banned footage DLC is to beat the black jack tape without dying. Its completely luck based, so you could waste 30 minutes of your time just to die and having to restart.

I finished Resident Evil 3 for the second time and for some reason, I'm having more fun with this game than RE7 and RE2 which are way better

• I figure I'll post this here, but apparently RE4 remake is happening and will release in 2022, developed by the same team that made RE3.

Im a bit worried about whats happening with RE. Its weird RE8 is most likely going to be heavily inspired by RE4 but then they are going to just release RE4 remake the next year anyway. I personally hope the RE8 rumors are true as what we've heard rumored so far sounds super cool, but I am worried gameplay wise. I personally feel RE7 is the best RE game made and all I really ask is for RE8 to just be "RE7 in a snow village." I really hope they keep the core mechanics of RE7 and dont go for a more action focus like RE7: Not a Hero did.

But again its weird to remake RE4. Its already released on every possible console and the gameplay isnt super dated like the PS1 RE games were. Kinda hoping RE4 remake is more of a remaster akin to the Crash Bandicoot remakes where it plays exactly the same and has the same lay out but is actually rebuilt from the ground up to look better instead of the RE4 re-releases just being higher res and upped textures. Personally I'd have preferred a Code Veronic remake as I feel its the most overlooked classic RE game but thats just me personally. Im sure RE4 remake will be great but I think its a bit odd. Especially keeping in mind how RE8 is heavily inspired by RE4.

• The pre-order outfits will probably become available at a later time like the RE2 remake costumes did. That said you really arnt missing out. I actually vastly prefer the default Jill outfit as well as the default Carlos outfit. I think it fits the style of the game way better than the classic outfits.

It was said that RE3 will not have any DLC because the team already stopped supporting this game. It would be weird to just make a Complete Edition copy just for 2 skins. Also, I just want Jill's Classic costume, I really hate Carlos' classic hair in this game and don't care about it at all.

But again its weird to remake RE4. Its already released on every possible console and the gameplay isnt super dated like the PS1 RE games were. Kinda hoping RE4 remake is more of a remaster akin to the Crash Bandicoot remakes where it plays exactly the same and has the same lay out but is actually rebuilt from the ground up to look better instead of the RE4 re-releases just being higher res and upped textures. Personally I'd have preferred a Code Veronic remake as I feel its the most overlooked classic RE game but thats just me personally. Im sure RE4 remake will be great but I think its a bit odd. Especially keeping in mind how RE8 is heavily inspired by RE4.

I dunno what to feel about this either. Why couldn't they just release a version with updated controls, just like how they did with the first Resident Evil Remake in HD Remaster? The good thing is, I'm not a die-hard fan of RE4 and big changes would not affect me that much. The only thing I think they should never change is the enemy variety and the Merchant. Ganados were very frightening and their quotes are so memorable, not to mention "UN FORASTERO!!". I think they should keep the same Artificial Intelligence and if they are about to hire new VAs for them, these VAs need to be spanish. Also, there is no doubt everyone loves the Merchant because there is NOTHING wrong about him, WHADDYA SELLING!!

I'm kind of tired of remakes for now. I want RE8 first.

I figure I'll post this here, but apparently RE4 remake is happening and will release in 2022, developed by the same team that made RE3.

• They'll become available via an update for the costumes. Will probably be like 2 months from now though. All the update is gonna do make it so everyone can use them now. Also I wouldnt be surprised if they do add some free costumes like polygon PS1 Jill for example for free later on like they did for RE2. Just a micro update that takes almost no time to do for a AAA studio.

I just dont see a real reason to remake 4. RE 1 2 3 are all remembered as classics but theres no denying how dated they are. RE4 I would not describe as dated so I dont really see a reason to "remake it." My best guess is it will turn out more like the Crash remakes and its more so just giving it a real graphical overhaul instead of a gameplay overhaul. And I do agree, its a bit weird how it seems they are just pumping out remakes.

Good news is RE8 is supposedly releasing in 2021 as a cross-gen game. If rumors are true it was suppose to be revealed at E3, but now it will probably be at a Sony state of play that finally truly reveals the PS5 (and I would assume this would take place in June anyway)

The pre-order outfits will probably become available at a later time like the RE2 remake costumes did. That said you really arnt missing out

• edited April 2020

I forgot to mention that the only thing Capcom REALLY needs to remove from RE4 is Quick Time Events. These are some of the worst I've ever seen. I NEVER ENJOYED BUTTON MASHING. I would be totally ok if they did it like RE3 remake, just hold or press. NO MORE BUTTON MASHING!!!

They'll become available via an update for the costumes. Will probably be like 2 months from now though. All the update is gonna do make it

• But what if Leon needs to outrun a boulder :D

I forgot to mention that the only thing Capcom REALLY needs to remove from RE4 is Quick Time Events. These are some of the worst I've ever s

• Just hold

But what if Leon needs to outrun a boulder

• But what if Leon needs to cut rope tying him to a sinking sea monster?

Just hold

• Just click, pause, click, pause, click etc.

But what if Leon needs to cut rope tying him to a sinking sea monster?

• But what if Leon needs to shake off an enemy grabber?

Just click, pause, click, pause, click etc.

• Easy, same mechanic as RE3 remake

But what if Leon needs to shake off an enemy grabber?

• Funny animation. Has RE3 crossovers.

• edited April 2020

I recently finished the fucking Nightmare difficulty. My total number of deaths is 58. And guess who caused that high number? The final motherfucking Nemesis boss. Whoever programmed him to be the biggest cheater in RE history deserves to be punched in the face multiple times because I've been dying for 2 hours and a half from that bullshit. Getting stun locked without at least a chance to escape was never fair.

• Yeah the final boss on Nightmare is stupidly imbalanced. You need the rocket launcher or you simply wont win. Was stuck on it forever until I just did the rest of the achievements so I could buy the launcher and then it took about 5 tries. The choice is pretty much suffer or use the rocket launcher which is kinda disappointing. Im sure its possible do beat it without it but thats the problem with how imbalanced it is. If you got the launcher its stupidly easy, if you dont then you probably arnt going to beat it. Made it so when I finally beat it, it didnt even feel rewarding as all I was really thinking was "that was pathetically easy with the launcher."

I recently finished the fucking Nightmare difficulty. My total number of deaths is 58. And guess who caused that high number? The final moth

• I didn't have the rocket launcher unlocked at that time. I beat the whole boss with my automatic pistol. I made a great decision of using the infinite pistol to save all the ammo for the automatic one in the final boss. I also had an infinite assault rifle but I figured it would be much slower to reload and you can't dodge while reloading your gun. The health coins were pretty much useless, they didn't help at all due to how slow they regenerate my health. I could have bought the defense coins to take less damage but I thought they wouldn't be much of a help considering that dodging was the main key of avoiding Nemesis' attacks. This boss made me feel like I was playing Dragon's Lair on NES. I can't consider it fairly hard, it's just cruel.

I knew I could do beat it. It's just that my patience was lacking a little bit. Now I'm planning to unlock the rocket launcher before going into Inferno difficulty to avoid deja-vu.

Yeah the final boss on Nightmare is stupidly imbalanced. You need the rocket launcher or you simply wont win. Was stuck on it forever until

• Damn so now I feel really bad because for some reason I was thinking Nightmare was the hardest, what I was talking about being stuck on before is for Inferno mode, not Nightmare. I actually beat it on Nightmare with the "no heal item" run which was a big mistake, as it made it a lot harder than it needed to be, but I did beat it after about 18 tries.

But yeah, get the launcher for Inferno. Funny thing is Inferno is pretty much the same as Nightmare until the final boss when it becomes complete bullshit. Nemesis has a slam move that if he hits you once, youre screwed even if you have every coin equipped. He smacks you down, and then he does a rapid attack that you cant avoid because you are stuck in a recovery animation after that first hit, making it so the move is basically "dodge the same rapid attack 5 times because if you mess up after dodging 4 times you will still die."

To beat the final boss on Inferno youre gonna to need the launcher, all the coins, and the dodge helper. Even though youre basically dead if he hits you once with his rapid fire move even with the coins, there is a super small chance he only does it once more instead of locking down for 9 hits in a row.

I didn't have the rocket launcher unlocked at that time. I beat the whole boss with my automatic pistol. I made a great decision of using th

• If you die but load the save instead of continuing, you don't lose time and you're death isn't counted. Just load the auto or manual save. You'll see the time you get back and the uncounted death

I recently finished the fucking Nightmare difficulty. My total number of deaths is 58. And guess who caused that high number? The final moth

Sign in to comment in this discussion.