The Game Awards 2023 Discussion Thread

It's finally here, tomorrow December 7, starting at 8 pm EST (with a 30-minute pre-show). Will we see Wolf 2? Will we see Telltale at all? Will we see an 83-year old Al Pacino awkwardly squint to read a teleprompter and stand as someone gives an eight-minute long acceptance speech? Who really knows? Geoff, probably. Well, we can talk about it when it live in this thread.

Comments

• Who's ready to dance tonight? I hope y'all are ready to dance tonight!

https://youtube.com/shorts/DGr9ft3Ries?si=dtD1YKrO265k6v4S

• InGen deciding to take over the inbox spam this year

• edited December 2023

I think it's still a little wild that The Old Gods of Asgard are billed as performers at the Game Awards.

Technically, this band doesn't even exist but ooh, wow, we're gonna get a live performance from "them". Haha

• I don't get the band name. What is their official name? The Old Gods of Asgard or Poets of the Fall?

AChicken posted: »

I think it's still a little wild that The Old Gods of Asgard are billed as performers at the Game Awards. Technically, this band doesn't even exist but ooh, wow, we're gonna get a live performance from "them". Haha

• So who's ready to watch a 4 hour ad show and complain the whole time until the ad we want may or may not appear?

• Also Telltale has yet to post anything saying they won't be there so I guess that is good. Although it may be the classic 2 seconds after the show ends they say so thing.

• Ready to have some fun!

• edited December 2023

Should just get some of these out of the way now.

I can't believe the game I like didn't win [insert award]!
    I can't believe the game I don't like won [insert award]!
    The Game Awards, more like the Rigged Awards! Amiright fella's???
    Wake me up when something interesting happens.
    This is the worst Game Awards ever!
    What is this game, it looks terrible!
    WHo aSkeD fOr thIS???

Am I missing anything else important?

Poogers555 posted: »

So who's ready to watch a 4 hour ad show and complain the whole time until the ad we want may or may not appear?

• You forgot the well know 70 something year old movie star who comes on stage and says "I dont know what this is this was not what my agent told me it was oh god what am I even saying right now go watch my movie or something I uh uhh uhhh"

lupinb0y posted: »

Should just get some of these out of the way now. I can't believe the game I like didn't win [insert award]! I can't believe the game I

• Also a Muppet will come onstage and be the best part of the show.

You forgot the well know 70 something year old movie star who comes on stage and says "I dont know what this is this was not what my agent told me it was oh god what am I even saying right now go watch my movie or something I uh uhh uhhh"

Should just get some of these out of the way now. I can't believe the game I like didn't win [insert award]! I can't believe the game I

• The Two Brothers dad lookin' like Vaughn post-Helios.

• Why the fuck of all games, Brothers A Tale of Two Sons gets a remake? Another barely a decade old game getting a remake. I literally heard NOBODY complaining about its dated gameplay, if it is actually dated.

• edited December 2023

Usual June looks pretty cool! Will be keeping an eye on that.

Harmonium looks very cute as well.

• NEIL NEWBON WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Alright alright alright... Is this the pac-man thing?

• I'm not upset Neil Newborn won. I haven't seen his performance in Baldur's Gate 3 but I loved his characters in Resident Evil games.

• “Fun fact, my speech last year was longer than Modern Warfare III’s campaign!”
    -Christopher Judge

I'm liking all the jokes about last year already lol get 'em

• BURN ACTIVISION!!!!!!

AChicken posted: »

“Fun fact, my speech last year was longer than Modern Warfare III’s campaign!” -Christopher Judge I'm liking all the jokes about last year already lol get 'em

• Matthew McConaughey

hehehe alright alright alright. Hey yall hahaha, got me a new game Im in thats right haha check it out yee haww

is not shown in the trailer

• Eyyyyy Alan Wake 2! Was hoping for Baldur's Gate 3 but I can't be mad at that.

• YEEEEESSSSSS!!!

Alan Wake 2 deserved the Best Narrative. It was mysterious and unique.

• ALAN WAKE 2 SWEEP HERE WE GOOOO

BEST NARRATIVE WOOOO

Sam Lake seems so emotional in his speech, aww. Dude’s been wanting to revisit this world for over a decade, glad he did it and it all paid off!

• No Rest for the Wicked looks flipping gorgeous goddamn

• edited December 2023

THE MUPPETS ARE HERE EVERYONE SHUT UP

LMAO HE TALKED ABOUT THE CHICKEN COCOO MISSION YEAAAAHHH

HE BROUGHT A FUCKING CHICKEN NAMED ZELDA
    GONZO IS PEAK

• Dead by Daylight story mode from Supermassive?

• Now its time to see a world we haven't seen in some time.

• Geoff stop fucking doing fucking speedrun awards uuuugh

• edited December 2023

Oh shit a Hideo Kojima horror game :O

OH SHIT A HIDEO KOJIMA HORROR GAME WITH JORDAN PEELE

• My exact reaction.

SO JEALOUS OF XBOX RIGHTNOW

Oh shit a Hideo Kojima horror game :O OH SHIT A HIDEO KOJIMA HORROR GAME WITH JORDAN PEELE

• I haven't had 31 inbox message in years!

InGen deciding to take over the inbox spam this year

• Game Studios stop showing expensive CGI trailers to debut your New Game challenge (Impossible)

• A horror game set in Jurassic Park? Looks interesting

• Goddamn that lady is going through it!

I love Jurassic Park so I'm looking forward to seeing what a singleplayer Jurassic Park survival horror will be like!

• YEEAAAHAHHH HIFI RUSH BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEE

• A Jurassic Park game? Set on Isla Nublar where someone is left behind? Hold onto your butts, we've got Telltale's JP:TG JP: Survival here!

• Huh. I like the sizzle reel they do for these big categories.

Best Audio Design having a big focus on the ambient sound effects of the games when shown off. 👏 👏

• It better give me the same atmosphere as King Kong the video game from 2005.

Goddamn that lady is going through it! I love Jurassic Park so I'm looking forward to seeing what a singleplayer Jurassic Park survival horror will be like!

• Bigby. Please man. Where you at?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.