The Game Awards 2023 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Lost Records: Bloom and Rage looks like an interesting story concept, if I'm reading it right...

Group of kids find some otherworldly force, or some alien meteor in the woods -- many years later, some issues need to be resolved as they've become adults.
    Is this some Yellowjackets dual-narrative spin?

• I want to hear a composer talk onstage about their work and who is important enough to thank! I want to hear an indie company talk about their labor of love!

Stop putting these into Speedrun awards UUUGH!

• Alan Wake didn't win best score?

• Tbf, FF16's soundtrack is pretty banging.

Poogers555 posted: »

Alan Wake didn't win best score?

• edited December 2023

OH MY GOD WHAT??????

Hopefully Arkane Lyon's attempt at a vampire game is better than Arkane Austin's lol

• edited December 2023

Ngl Twisted Metal was actually super solid. Looking forward to a second season.

• I just got fucking cockblocked.

Here I was, pumped as hell for Dishonored 3, thinking this was it. And then...fucking Blade. Fucking kidding me?!

• At least it looks like a potential great game. Unlike Redfall

I just got fucking cockblocked. Here I was, pumped as hell for Dishonored 3, thinking this was it. And then...fucking Blade. Fucking kidding me?!

• Ooh, they just said it'll be a third-person action-adventure! That's cool, I've only ever seen them do first-person stuff!

Anthony Mackie took the stage! Here to promote Twisted Metal series that came out earlier this year (and I've heard was decent, but only builds up to the car-combat tournament the games are known for... But it's getting a season 2, so I guess fans will get it!

Feels like the TGA's would chomp at the bit to get Pedro Pascal and/or Bella Ramsey on-stage for a presentation. I guess they were busy? I didn't hear any annoucements they'd be here

lupinb0y posted: »

OH MY GOD WHAT?????? Hopefully Arkane Lyon's attempt at a vampire game is better than Arkane Austin's lol

• edited December 2023

OH MY GOSH THEY'VE GOT MR. DOOR AND ALAN WAKE HERE YOOO

Oh nooo I can tell they're doing the 3-minute version! It feels so cut down!
    (Also what's with the Mic Quality?)

• YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

I didn't think they'd re-enact the music video lmao

• And now its time for an update we announced at tga all the way back in 20...17

• I did not expect they'd get BOTH Ilkka Villi and Matthew Porretta on-stage for the performance, but they did the most perfect thing with their dual character credit.
    Porretta on vocals and Villi on the dance number lol.

YEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I didn't think they'd re-enact the music video lmao

• Ilkka Villi is literally Alan Wake in real life. Just without the American accent.

• edited December 2023

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Absolutely well deserved!

• edited December 2023

No Man Ground

• Yo wtf happened to Simu Liu, why's his leg all fucked up.

• BALDUR'S SWEEP

Damn it man. You're putting RPG into the Speedruns too? Have some respect for your medium's genres damnit!

Also hey I loved that Aonuma pulled out a little script for his speech. That was cute, glad he got to use it!

• Starting to think we may not even a yearly "News next year" post

• Do you have your "memes if Wolf 2 isn't shown" folder ready?

Starting to think we may not even a yearly "News next year" post

• I only got my Super Show announcement memes which will still happen.

Do you have your "memes if Wolf 2 isn't shown" folder ready?

• YEEEESSSSS

Another win for Alan Wake 2

• Yeah all in on Alan Wake 2 for Best Direction. No game this year has had such a unique vision and well... direction. Very happy for Remedy!

• Show me the Champion of Liiiiight!!!

• Huh. So no trailer for AW2 New Game Plus?
    Took some time in the speech to announce it lmao.
    December 11, Final Draft, New Story Content!

• Fuckin' RIP Wolf 2 lmao

• NO SUPER SHOW???

Fuckin' RIP Wolf 2 lmao

• I missed the first hour, but am I wrong in being underwhelmed by the reveals?

NO SUPER SHOW???

• I preferred the reveals in the first half of the show, some cool looking original IP.

• Wolf 2...

• Only Jurassic Park caught my attention.

Also, is Hideo Kojima working on a horror game with Jordan Peele?

• Come on Baldur's sweep babyyyyyyyyy

• WHAT?

EW!

HUH?? Timothee Chalamet??

Great misdirect with "YoutuberSomething360" by Geoff lol

RIP Wolf 2 btw yikes

• Flute guy going ham like his life depends on it

• edited December 2023

YYYEEEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GO PLAY BADLUR"S GATE 3

• Not surprised at all

• Well with wolf releasing next year at least I wont have to watch the game awards live again in hopes of seeing it there

The second wolf 2 delay:

Sign in to comment in this discussion.