Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space on Xbox Live NOW!

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
edited November 2009 in Sam & Max
Hey hey!

beyondtimeandspace.jpg

Sam & Max
Beyond Time and Space
(Also known as Sam & Max Season Two with a fancier name!)

Out NOW on Xbox Live Arcade

So, you've been waiting for forever to hear news about certain Telltale Xbox Live Arcade titles that we announced so, so long ago. We know it has indeed been many days since we've had any news about that, but today is different. Today, we have news about that, and we're really excited to tell you about it!

Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space, featuring all five episodes of Sam & Max Season Two in one big bundle, is available now on XBLA. Like Sam & Max Save the World (which was released back in June), this package will cost 1600 Microsoft points, and will feature the usual Xbox perks like HD graphic support and achievements! Plus, it'll be subtitled in German, French, Italian, and Spanish.

More info in the blog!
Screenhots, episode descriptions, trailers and more at the Sam & Max official site.

Comments

• edited October 2009
    This is good news! :D

Would be better if instead of coming soon it said 14th October. But I can't complain over such a niggle - just surprised it's been announced so close to the release date...
  • edited October 2009
    This is excellent news. I'll buy this one for sure.
  • edited October 2009
    Woo! All I need now is 1600 points, and I'll be the happiest person in my house, till I beat them.
  • edited October 2009
    Bought it earlier, so I'm probably going to play it later. Looking forward to try it out =D
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    Hey, we'll be giving away some Beyond Time and Space gift codes on our twitter page starting in about 45 minutes! See you there!
  • edited October 2009
    So now that Season 2 is out can we maybe get an update/fix for the framerate on Season 1? It's just awful and some parts are almost unplayable. Given the fact that the 360 is far more powerful than my built-in-2004-PC it's really not acceptable that my PC handles the game better than my 360 does...I'm a huge adventure gamer and I applaud what TT is doing (especially in bringing their games to consoles) and I'd love to buy the full versions of S&M for 360, but I just can't abide purchasing a broken product. I've queued up the Season 2 demo for dl, but if it runs the same I'm going to have to pass until fixed. Please can we have a patch for season 1? I really want to support TT's XBLA efforts!
  • edited October 2009
    How refreshing to see a new banner on top of the forums. I like the colorchange. :)
  • edited October 2009
    Not to sound... erm... impatient... but when is the next giveaway's ETA?
  • edited October 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Hey, we'll be giving away some Beyond Time and Space gift codes on our twitter page starting in about 45 minutes! See you there!

When are you giving away more codes, I was at school during all that.
    EDIT: I just checked your twitter page and it turns out in an hour, sweet.
    EDIT 2:DAMN IT I need a Twitter account for the next set of codes. I am not creatinga n account just for a free sam and max game. Please telltale, make the questions appear on the site so I can answer and win too.
  • edited October 2009
    So how many people is on the leaderboards?
  • edited October 2009
    I won one!
  • edited October 2009
    I won one!

Me too! I suspect mine will be a tad controversial, though.
  • edited October 2009
    I won one as well! :)
  • edited October 2009
    Zombutler wrote: »
    I won one as well! :)

I almost won two, but the twitter person wouldn't let me take yours.
  • edited October 2009
    I decided to cave in and get a twitter(with a fake name) but I never got them fast enough. I answered the first question in less than a second, and someone still beat me.:mad: How fast are you people.
  • edited October 2009
    I almost won two, but the twitter person wouldn't let me take yours.

Heh.
  • edited October 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I decided to cave in and get a twitter(with a fake name) but I never got them fast enough. I answered the first question in less than a second, and someone still beat me.:mad: How fast are you people.

Yep. And I use twitterfox and ussually that comes with delay...

oh, well...
  • edited October 2009
    Also, the mr.spatuala one. I got it and apparently the person who won that apparently beat me by a second or tied with me because when his post said 26minutes, mine turned 26 minutes with it.
    EDIT: still checking times, I realized the same thing had to happen with flint paper because we both had the exact same time.
    EDIT: and the one StLewisRibs won.
    EDIT: I figured out how my fast question one didn't win. I forgot Steve didn't start it, his brother did.
  • edited October 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Also, the mr.spatuala one. I got it and apparently the person who won that apparently beat me by a second or tied with me because when his post said 26minutes, mine turned 26 minutes with it.
    EDIT: still checking times, I realized the same thing had to happen with flint paper because we both had the exact same time.
    EDIT: and the one StLewisRibs won.

That's just the way it works.
  • edited October 2009
    That's just the way it works.

Yeah I know.
  • edited October 2009
    Anywho, I can't play it anyway due to my xbox being used for watching dvds at the right now moment.
  • edited October 2009
    also, for future reference, anyone who wants to see who wins a question, you should use the twitter search function and search for @telltalegames. then you can see who answers correctly, first.
  • edited October 2009
    Oh... crud... for some reason I can't connect to twitter to say thanks! ^^!
  • edited October 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Woo! All I need now is 1600 points, and I'll be the happiest person in my house, till I beat them.
    Be Happy!!!!
  • edited October 2009
    Well at least the acheivements are easier in this one.
  • edited October 2009
    Well at least the acheivements are easier in this one.

They weren't in Save the World? The Decals are quite hard to obtain!
  • edited October 2009
    They weren't in Save the World? The Decals are quite hard to obtain!

I agree. Especially the last level of the bagpipe obliteration game, which was very annoying.
  • edited October 2009
    MortenL wrote: »
    I agree. Especially the last level of the bagpipe obliteration game, which was very annoying.

I'm stuck on the gold for the CD throwing one, it's the last one I need.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2009
    I'm stuck on the gold for the CD throwing one, it's the last one I need.

Yeah, that one is tricky on the xbox. It was always the one that gave me the most trouble. Definitely doable though.
  • edited October 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Yeah, that one is tricky on the xbox. It was always the one that gave me the most trouble. Definitely doable though.

I got 30/31.
  • edited October 2009
    Will wrote: »
    I got 30/31.

Is it more difficult on the Xbox than on the PC? I recall reaching 35-37 quite easily...
  • edited October 2009
    Is it more difficult on the Xbox than on the PC? I recall reaching 35-37 quite easily...

There is a bit more delay being 10 feet from the screen.
  • edited October 2009
    Well... considering nothing could go faster than Light, that probably is because the thumb is slower than the Middle Finger.

By the way, I could never beat the Zombie Disc Whacking one moving the car. I just shoot everything in one side, I don't know how =P
  • edited November 2009
    It may be because I'm a console gamer, than a PC gamer, but I found them both fun, the x box one was a little easier.
  • edited November 2009
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Well... considering nothing could go faster than Light, that probably is because the thumb is slower than the Middle Finger.

By the way, I could never beat the Zombie Disc Whacking one moving the car. I just shoot everything in one side, I don't know how =P

Same here, I'd pull up right next to the curb in the first second so it hits instantly on any curb/infrontofhouse zombies.
  • edited November 2009
    Same here, I'd pull up right next to the curb in the first second so it hits instantly on any curb/infrontofhouse zombies.

I'm not going to lie, I was stuck at the longest time, because I didn't know you had to throw DVDS at the zombies. lol
  • edited November 2009
    I'm not going to lie, I was stuck at the longest time, because I didn't know you had to throw DVDS at the zombies. lol

Yep, it's take a while, because I never read the intructions! ^^!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi everyone! I'd like to ask you all about the XBLA game here en Europe.

Does it go slower than the PC version? Does it have more/slower loading screens? Well, maybe I should ask... is it exactly the same than the PC version, or is the PC version lightly better? I already know that the controls are different, but it doesn't mind.

Thank you!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi everyone! I'd like to ask you all about the XBLA game here en Europe.

Does it go slower than the PC version? Does it have more/slower loading screens? Well, maybe I should ask... is it exactly the same than the PC version, or is the PC version lightly better? I already know that the controls are different, but it doesn't mind.

Thank you!

It has a noticable HD bump, but other than that, it's mostly the same.
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks! I just remembered I can download a DEMO to try it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.