The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Hey thanks guys! |D I only thought of "serious Sam" as a pun rather than inspiration really...

guys, I might be doing more soon, so who's in favour of bringing back the support group, eh? XD
  • edited December 2010
    Aye.
  • edited December 2010
    Ah... the support group... good times...

snm___lanthern_festival_2_by_ginny_n-d35fsni.png
  • edited December 2010
    Love this so much Ginny~ <3 *Q*
  • edited December 2010
    Comic idea that wouldn't stop bugging me. Sorry for stretching the page.

firstmeetingsam.jpg
    How and where did you both meet?

Sam: In the 12th Century I was a club-footed nomadic stone mason and Max was a bog person. Our colorful misadventures are the stuff of many a strolling medieval troubadour.

Max: Really? Cause I thought we met in third grade when I stole back your sack lunch from that kindergartener that beat the snot out of you.

Sam: Oh yeah. I forgot.

From an interview, the source of which I forget. :/
  • edited December 2010
    @1nky

you have no idea
    how adorable
    and awesome
    that truly is. <3
  • edited December 2010
    Cute!
  • edited December 2010
    Whooa, I love that, it's totally awesome!

There's going to be some plushie pics tonight, I think...
  • edited December 2010
    1nky that is so freaking cute. I love comics without words, and this kind of stuff is the reason why. Little Sam's smile towards the end there is so sweet. Not to mention this all reinforces the idea that Max has been a psycho nutburger since the beginning of time.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks a lot, guys! :) There's a bit of inconsistency with Sam's design, though - I've never really drawn him, before, and I had to keep referring to an old comic. It's weird how simple cartoon characters are the hardest to draw. :/

Hayley, I just saw srs Sam. And I am amazed. D: (And what's this 'support group?' XD; I'm afraid to ask.)

GinnyN, that's a lovely picture. I love the lineart, and it's a pretty cool concept. Just asking, though, do you have pen pressure on your tablet? The colouring might look a bit better if you applied it. (Just a critique, you don't have to take it. ^^; )
  • edited December 2010
    @1nky

you have no idea
    how adorable
    and awesome
    that truly is. <3

Pretty much what she said.
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, guys! :) There's a bit of inconsistency with Sam's design, though - I've never really drawn him, before, and I had to keep referring to an old comic. It's weird how simple cartoon characters are the hardest to draw. :/

Hayley, I just saw srs Sam. And I am amazed. D: (And what's this 'support group?' XD; I'm afraid to ask.)

Hey no bother!

Oh the support group! That was a thread started around the time episode 303 was released basically to support rabid fangirls of noir Sam and to find an outlet for all that fangirling... by fanart. >3 (Oh and thanks a bunch for the fave on that!!)

Also, new one guys:
    snm_calendar___september_by_bluehedgie-d35izcf.jpg

Sorry it's so big! ^^;
  • edited December 2010
    OH.MY.GOD.

It's AWESOME!

Do you have a .png? I'll do the pages right away!
  • edited December 2010
    That is totally awesome and really gets me in a drawing mood...which soon disappears when whatever awesome idea I had gets ruined by my (lack of) skill, but that's a topic for another time.
    Oh the support group! That was a thread started around the time episode 303 was released basically to support rabid fangirls of noir Sam and to find an outlet for all that fangirling... by fanart. >3 (Oh and thanks a bunch for the fave on that!!)

Which almost got deleted out of existance because of an *******ish troll that posted rule 34 IIRC >___<
  • edited December 2010
    1nky wrote: »
    GinnyN, that's a lovely picture. I love the lineart, and it's a pretty cool concept. Just asking, though, do you have pen pressure on your tablet? The colouring might look a bit better if you applied it. (Just a critique, you don't have to take it. ^^; )

I have a Bamboo... I think I have the pen pressure already applied, I have to practice a bit more. In fact, is the first time I even applied the thing...
  • edited December 2010
    Incredibly awesome picture

I...

That...

...wow.
  • edited December 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I...

That...

...wow.

There's a reason of why I so happy ^^!

september_preview_by_ginny_n-d35kpbx.png
  • edited December 2010
    That's WICKED.
  • edited December 2010
    Thanks so much guys! ;A;

I am uber thrilled about this!!! <3
  • edited December 2010
    I take it you chose September because of International Talk Like A Pirate Day?
    inb4 well duh
  • edited December 2010
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I take it you chose September because of International Talk Like A Pirate Day?
    inb4 well duh

Yeah... totally forgot about it being in September though... XD
  • edited December 2010
    I think it's good it's pirate themed! Gives me the excuse of having my October month drawing not costume themed :P
  • edited December 2010
    Good one Cheri!

snm___soft_highway_surfin_by_ginny_n-d35la0t.png
  • edited December 2010
    Well, that's just adorable XD
  • edited December 2010
    Hayley, you saw me freak out over that picture back on DevArt. ;P I run the risk of freaking out here, again. It is that awesome.

GinnyN - Really? It's a fun thing to play around with, especially in digital art. I definitely recommend it!

And yay! Glitch in Time! (Or general Kid!Sam and Max art. XD) I always found that mini Desoto adorable. :D
  • edited December 2010
    This probably sucks in comparison to the incredibly awesomeness that's been posted recently ;__;

snm_christmas_doodle_2010_by_thesunnyguy-d35oc83.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/SnM-Christmas-Doodle-2010-190932195
    And as usual that crap they spent millions of dollars on ended up having a vital part in completing whatever case they had at the time. Given the date the case was probably saving Christmas. Again. (Now that I think about it the text should say "on" instead of "for", but whatever)

Anyways, this is just a quick "doodle" I did so that I could have SOMETHING done for Christmas (still the 25 here). Maybe I'll color it later if I feel like it, I dunno. And yes, I don't like how the hands came out either.
  • edited December 2010
    I call dibs on Noir Sam and Max, going to use them for November in the calendar :D
  • edited December 2010
    A Noir Sam Thanksgiving, or are you taking November in a different direction?
  • edited December 2010
    I didn't plan to make it a Thanksgiving themed one. I did thought that if I did that I was going to have a mutated giant turkey chasing down Sam and Max down the street, or Max going into a food coma, but I made this pic I liked last night...
  • edited December 2010
    I'm somewhat jealous of your month, as I have a soft spot for the Stinkys and was hoping to draw a Stinky's Diner style thanksgiving dinner if November was available. However, I signed up late and only May and June were available. However, I cannot wait to see your page, and how this calendar will turn out! Ginny and Haley's months have already shown us not to expect too much tradition in the Sam and Max series!
  • edited December 2010
    What's your month?
  • edited December 2010
    Is there a thread for the calendar, I'd sugest marking one date as Fifty Foot Moon Roach Day.
  • edited December 2010
    @crfh: I got June. I'm going to draw a picture of the end of the school year, with all the kids (and I use that term lightly) from the Sam and Max Telltale Series (Considered throwing The Geek in, but that really wouldn't do anything for the picture) rejoicing and throwing their homework into the air.
  • edited December 2010
    That sounds like a really nice idea. I picked November because I was born in that month, but I guess now it's going to be Noirvember :D
  • edited December 2010
    Kind of lame after all this amazingness, but :

Vp650.png

Noir!Sam snapped. Noir!Max cracked. Now you're going to pop.

(Edited for your convenience - i.e. getting the right picture this time.)

Guuuuuys I would run to buy that calendar so fast that I'd leave Whizzer in the dust.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh, I guess I should post my thing for the calendar. Or, at least what I have so far.

october_wip_by_cheri_chan-d35e874.png

Yes of course I'm including Papierwaite. It should be incredibly obvious at this point he's becoming my favorite character :I;;
  • edited December 2010
    I'm somewhat jealous of your month, as I have a soft spot for the Stinkys and was hoping to draw a Stinky's Diner style thanksgiving dinner if November was available. However, I signed up late and only May and June were available. However, I cannot wait to see your page, and how this calendar will turn out! Ginny and Haley's months have already shown us not to expect too much tradition in the Sam and Max series!

Hey! The Lantern Festival (The last day of the Chinese New Year) is totally traditional! =P
  • edited December 2010
    Nothing to contribute, but all the stuff posted on here is awesome! I wish I pursued my doodling when I was bored at school, I can't draw for crap :mad:
  • edited December 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Nothing to contribute, but all the stuff posted on here is awesome! I wish I pursued my doodling when I was bored at school, I can't draw for crap :mad:

I feel the exact same way...my brother's a pretty good artist, but he refuses to post anything that I can brag about, sadly.
  • edited December 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Hey! The Lantern Festival (The last day of the Chinese New Year) is totally traditional! =P

I meant traditional in the Western Sense. When most people see February they think Valentines Day, not Chinese Lantern Festival.

@crfh: Funny you mention that. I was born in June.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.