The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited November 2010
    So I'm sort of catching up on these. I feel like doing a couple of quick Sam and Max doodles to share with you guys, seeing as it's been forever since I visited these forums.

Also, for the record, the Sam and Max + Fallout New Vegas pic that Cheri did is absolutely awesome.
  • edited November 2010
    pheeph wrote: »

Bad Sam! Leave my Rosalina alone!...or at least wait for me >.>
  • edited November 2010
    f7d544389d19393c394b54dfc5875da1-d33icgz.jpg

Just a little tribute with me in the mix.
  • edited November 2010
    Well, if you're posting that then I guess I'll post these here too

http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/#/d3373b5
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/#/d339tql

Also
    more_random_snm_ideas_by_thesunnyguy-d33jvsz.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/More-random-SnM-ideas-187365059
    Yes, that is Sam in a Power Rangers costume. This one has been on my hard drive for a while now, and on my mind for longer. I was planning on doing the full set of PR, but you guys know how college is, so those will have to wait a while.

2 things about the pic
    -I feel that it could be better, so I'll redraw this sometime.
    -It's amazing how annoying it is to make the boots look ok on him. Next time I think I'll just leave them out >__>
    -Ok, 3 things actually. I wanted to draw him a helmet but I just couldn't draw one for him properly no matter how much I tried .____.
  • edited November 2010
    That is SOOOOOOO creepy. It's like, just bordering on the edge of the Rule that I daren't speak of... In fact,... AAAAGGHH!

Rule.... THIRTY FOUR?
  • edited November 2010
    Happy Thanksgiving.

http://distracted-doodler.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d33kpvk

Almost forgot I wanted to post this, oh well, at least I remembered that I had it.
  • edited November 2010
    a_sam_and_max_thanksgiving_by_strongbrush1-d33kzvr.jpg

I made this quickly, but it's already been posted on DA. So, here you go.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's one involving a Stinger missile...
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Daisy-Stinger-170230222
  • edited November 2010
    pastel_practice_by_ginny_n-d33poea.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

Excellent Work. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.
  • edited November 2010
    5a202fb20f2533fce6c214a3d5903995-d33qbwx.jpg

Can't... stop... drawing... fanaaaaarts... *foams at the mouth*
  • edited November 2010

Bosco's Angels?
  • edited November 2010
    Bosco's Angels?

Ooooh, a much better title~ >W<
  • edited November 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »

Ginny, you are amazing, and that is yet another totally fantastic piece of work, but of course everyone's told you that already, haven't they?
  • edited November 2010
    So, yeah, I don't know how to draw Sam's Hands.

pastel_practice_2_by_ginny_n-d33qywm.jpg

And thanks for the kinds word everybody ^^!
  • edited November 2010
    The head looks kinda weird I think, but otherwise it's good ^_^

Awesome art all of you ;)
  • edited November 2010

That is brilliant!
  • edited November 2010
    I love that one! The girls of Sam and Max! :D
  • edited November 2010
    A bit of experimentation. I tried to do this in pure black and white, was confusing, I thought what the hey.

Do you remember the other pic where they were hanging around a barrel of explosives? Well this is why all explosives have a restraining order against these guys.
    dynamicfinal2.jpg
  • edited November 2010
    To say that I love this would be quite an understatement.
  • edited November 2010
    crfh wrote: »
    A bit of experimentation. I tried to do this in pure black and white, was confusing, I thought what the hey.

Do you remember the other pic where they were hanging around a barrel of explosives? Well this is why all explosives have a restraining order against these guys.
    dynamicfinal2.jpg

I think I'll get a heart attack from the epicness of the piece. *Q*

Also, thank you guys for the comments~ <3
  • edited November 2010
    I really like the lighting on that one, except the "Sam & Max" shadow is going the wrong way. That's the problem with having a nearly-point light source behind you.
  • edited November 2010
    That's true. And Sam's foot is driving me crazy. It's too small :(
  • edited November 2010
    wow, awesome art guys o_o
  • edited November 2010
    So, I had this ridiculous dream the other day involving Hitsugaya Toshiro from Bleach, juggling, and a crazy-awesome tokidoki inspired Devil's Playhouse kimono. Yes, really.

Which I found so fantastic I'm attempting to recreate it. It had a bunch of dlgglegangers making off with the Desoto in the lower right, Max and his future vision in the lower left, and Skun'ka-pe's sip and Maxthulu terrorizing the city in the upper corners. Stinky's corn dog truck is there, as is a couple falling mind reading cards, etc. I've only just started working on it, but you can get a glimpse now:

attachment.php?attachmentid=2119&stc=1&d=1291113829

Good gosh... its GROWING!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2120&stc=1&d=1291118954
  • edited December 2010
    I drew this yesterday. I think you can guess which episode is my favourite and why. ;)
    sam_sd.jpg
  • edited December 2010
    Awesome.
  • edited December 2010
    Very! It's like an animation frame!
  • edited December 2010
    @ C0RBETT - That is righteous~ <33333
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2010

Why did it take me so long to see this?! It's... so... beautiful... composition, character, individuality... outline variation... piece of great art. WOW! Done how?
  • edited December 2010
    Why did it take me so long to see this?! It's... so... beautiful... composition, character, individuality... outline variation... piece of great art. WOW! Done how?

Oh my God, thank you so very much! ^^;

I drew it in SAI with my tablet... and added the colours, texture and framing in Photoshop. :'D
  • edited December 2010
    Have I mentioned you guys are awesome? Well, I'll say it again, you guys are awesome.

Btw, does anyone know of any kind of tutorial or something to draw poses? I'm kinda tired of just drawing the characters standing around, and if they're not standing then in an awkward pose .___.
  • edited December 2010
    Here's another crossover pic I did at someone's request (featuring Bluster Blaster)...

http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Chisame-and-Bluster-Blaster-175392853
    edited December 2010
    Oh my God, thank you so very much! ^^;

I drew it in SAI with my tablet... and added the colours, texture and framing in Photoshop. :'D

SAI! Just researched that. The line variation really makes this an interesting tool. Any tips on initial settings?
  • edited December 2010
    SAI! Just researched that. The line variation really makes this an interesting tool. Any tips on initial settings?

What I used for the lines was the Ink Pen size 20 with Edge Shape being the hardest and the Advanced settings ticked and it should've been all the preset settings used really...

There are so many different options that I can't really remember but just mess around with all the settings and such because there are various things you can do with it, I just blindly experiment. XD

@SunnyGuy - this is a good reference http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Pose-tutorial-72010406
  • edited December 2010
    C0RBETT wrote: »
    I drew this yesterday. I think you can guess which episode is my favourite and why. ;)
    sam_sd.jpg

Now, if there weren't enough ridiculously talented people in this thread, then here comes you ;) Great drawing - this thread just can't cease to amaze me.

Also, among the other great stuff, I just can't help mentioning how fascinating Hayley's girl squad image was!
    edited December 2010
    What I used for the lines was the Ink Pen size 20 with Edge Shape being the hardest and the Advanced settings ticked and it should've been all the preset settings used really...

There are so many different options that I can't really remember but just mess around with all the settings and such because there are various things you can do with it, I just blindly experiment. XD

@SunnyGuy - this is a good reference http://alexds1.deviantart.com/art/Pose-tutorial-72010406

I can't even install the trial version. It keeps telling me that I have to have admin rights (which I have). Njarghhh... maybe some other time. I have to try nib pens in real life anyway. ;)
  • edited December 2010
    I can't even install the trial version. It keeps telling me that I have to have admin rights (which I have). Njarghhh... maybe some other time. I have to try nib pens in real life anyway. ;)

Did you try right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator?" <:'D
  • edited December 2010
    Some doodles...

more_sam_and_max_doodles_by_thesunnyguy-d34ck7r.jpg
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/More-Sam-and-Max-Doodles-188703063
    Just quick doodles of stuff I felt like drawing. Sam on a leash (what can I say? I found the idea amusing >.>), a visual representation of one of Max's lines in Poker Night at the Inventory (I would like to do this one properly some day) and that Samulacra/Doggleganger with the plush bunny...about to be stepped on by the giant Maxthulhu/Maxzilla/Eldricth Abomination Max/whatever. Yeah, drawing the last one made me kinda sad, that doggy was so adorable with the bunny why did they have to kill it D:
Sign in to comment in this discussion.