The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Gaaah! I'm sorry ;)
  • edited January 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Second one. I was going to ink the one with Max eating ice cream, but I got an idea and expanded into a big one.

Instead, have some depression.

At the bay...

http://www.crfh.net/other/sadthree.jpg

Sad Sam is sad. :(

Turn around, you doofus.

Oh wow, you're quite good at drawing expressions, he looks REALLY sad D:
  • edited January 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    That... that is just... wow. Wow.

Small, teeny-tiny quip for an otherwise awesome piece - the lineart around Sam's face seems a bit crooked. The colouring's gone outside it, I mean. But who the f*ck cares aaaaaaaahh.

I actually want to take this time to say that you are an amazing artist - I saw you on deviantArt prior, actually. :D Might have to watch you, now.

Oh no it's not crooked, it's just tiny bits of colour outside the lines I never got around to fixing XD;; I'll probably do it soon...THANK YOU SO MUCH THOUGH!!

Second one. I was going to ink the one with Max eating ice cream, but I got an idea and expanded into a big one.

Instead, have some depression.

At the bay...

Sad Sam is sad. :(

Turn around, you doofus.

GOOD LORD woman you are getting so amazing at drawing them. I especially love how the bulge then thin out :DD It makes me think of my favourite comic Bone (not in a "looks like this other thing" kind of way...you know what I mean LOL)
    BUT JUST...AUUUGH! Tugs at my heartstrings, his expression. Excellent work!
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks a bunch, guys.

@inky That tantalizing happiness. So close, yet so far away!

@Sunny After 12 years of making a dramedy webcomic, I've had a lot of practice with teh sad :o

@greenheadphones You mean the dynamic weight line? My favorite inking style :D Bone rules! Jeff Smith is really good at it!
  • edited January 2011
    So, I had a weird idea - fanfic-based idea.

Essentially, it involved Sam being turned into a nonmorphic Irish wolfhound (because the mad scientist villain-of-the-week microchipped him). It tends to happen every night, and Max is pretty much oblivious, until Sam's behaviour changes - he seems more tired, a bit more irritable, and prone to growling or whining more frequently. So, Max tries to figure this one out on his own. (Sam's sealed his chops.)

Unfortunately, walking around in the same room aimlessly doesn't constitute for anything productive, so he follows Sam out one night, instead. Villain-of-the-week upgrades the microchip, which controls Sam into making him an attack dog. Max asks why the transformation is necessary, and the villain retorts that the dog's aim with a gun sucks. (Max agrees wholeheartedly)

Anyway, nice big final battle, in which Sam shoots the device controlling him out of said villain's hand, after being thrown up against a wall and breaking the chip in the process. (Max comments on his marksmanship, with Sam admitting he was aiming at the lagomorph after the 'sucky aim' remark - Max was being held at throttle-point by the scientist at that stage.)

IMG_0001.png

As you can probably guess, Sam hates being a quadruped. He can't speak, he can't drive, can't shoot, and the immunity to chocolate he's spent years building up has degenerated significantly. Turns out alright in the end, of course. (Obligatory 'Glad that's over' hug)
  • edited January 2011
    Aww, can I pet him? :D
    @Sunny After 12 years of making a dramedy webcomic, I've had a lot of practice with teh sad :o

Heh, it shows.
  • edited January 2011
    Am I the only one who wants to pet quadruped Sam, and give him a treat and a tummy rub? He looks so happy in the upper right.I just want to cuddle with a dog right now.
  • edited January 2011
    So, I had a weird idea - fanfic-based idea. (Obligatory 'Glad that's over' hug)

I really like that idea and would love to see it rendered and programmed as an episode. Have I seen this before though? Deja vu....

Anyway, Sam the quadruped is really well drawn. And Max's reaction is priceless!
  • edited January 2011
    That fanfic needs to be drawn!
  • edited January 2011

Possibly made into a comic...? ;)
  • edited January 2011
    SunnyGuy wrote: »
    Aww, can I pet him? :D

He's probably a biter. XD; Doesn't quite like being touched, remember? (Unless it's behind the ears, perhaps. ;) )
    Am I the only one who wants to pet quadruped Sam, and give him a treat and a tummy rub? He looks so happy in the upper right.I just want to cuddle with a dog right now.

Aww. (He wouldn't mind that treat, I'm sure. :P) Thank you very much!
    Gohaku wrote: »
    I really like that idea and would love to see it rendered and programmed as an episode. Have I seen this before though? Deja vu....

Anyway, Sam the quadruped is really well drawn. And Max's reaction is priceless!

Hm... I might have to take this further, then. :) Thank you so much!

The concept of 'quadruped Sam' had popped up in one or two artworks - I forget where I saw them, though. If it's an actual episode, it's slipped past my radar. :/
    Gohaku wrote:
    Possibly made into a comic...? ;)

...Should I take up that little challenge? :) Unless someone else here wants to do it...
  • edited January 2011
    Dooo iiiiit!
  • edited January 2011
    ...Should I take up that little challenge? :)

Yes. I really want to see this!
  • edited January 2011
    ...Should I take up that little challenge? :) Unless someone else here wants to do it...

I can help if you need ideas!
  • edited January 2011
    W-we can post fanfics right?

http://cheri-chan.deviantart.com/#/d37w42z

*ducks for cover from incoming insults*
  • edited January 2011
    He's probably a biter. XD; Doesn't quite like being touched, remember? (Unless it's behind the ears, perhaps. ;) )

I'd try distracting him with a treat or similar =P

Alternate response: I believe you know the phrase "totally worth it" XD

The concept of 'quadruped Sam' had popped up in one or two artworks - I forget where I saw them, though. If it's an actual episode, it's slipped past my radar. :/

Yeah, I know I've seen at least one before here, but there's no actual episode of it though, I'm sure of that.
  • edited January 2011
    1nky: I actaully had an idea for my fancomic where Sam has a dream sequence in which he is an actual dog but then I thought that Sam and Max isn't really dream sequencey so I scrapped it and then scrapped the whole fancomic idea XD I might post some of what I written out because now and again I read it and wish I had the time to carry on with it. Anyway really nice pictures, very sweet :D
  • edited January 2011
    SillyStell wrote: »
    1nky: I actaully had an idea for my fancomic where Sam has a dream sequence in which he is an actual dog but then I thought that Sam and Max isn't really dream sequencey so I scrapped it and then scrapped the whole fancomic idea XD I might post some of what I written out because now and again I read it and wish I had the time to carry on with it. Anyway really nice pictures, very sweet :D

Really? I'd think that dream sequences would totally work in this series - these characters can do pretty much anything, and it wouldn't be considered strange. Post it up! :)

Anyway, sorry for the rushed nature of this comic. If I want to finish this before school starts up for me, I should get it done quickly...

Page1.png
  • edited January 2011
    I really like it so far XD
  • edited January 2011
    Really? I'd think that dream sequences would totally work in this series - these characters can do pretty much anything, and it wouldn't be considered strange. Post it up! :)

Anyway, sorry for the rushed nature of this comic. If I want to finish this before school starts up for me, I should get it done quickly...

Call it crude if you want. I think it's f*'in amazing for a rush job. The light and dark contrasts a brilliant!
  • edited January 2011
    Man, I heart this!!
  • edited January 2011
    Keep blowing me away with the awesome artwork... wow.

Love it all.
  • edited January 2011
    Meh, I will NOT be able to ink anything else this week. The amount of things I gotta do is pretty crazy ¬.¬

Instead, have a pencil one that sort of looks good enough to be posted inkless.

"Yo, C, I'm gonna have to call you back later. Apparently Sam has electromagnetic powers now."

powers.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Ohhh yessssssss. That gives me a prompt to post whatever electromagnetic Sam stuff I have lying around. And if none, then to draw some!
  • edited January 2011
    Electromagnetic-powered Sam = WIN
  • edited January 2011
    1nky: Nice for a rush job! Also good job on keeping them on character, I'm a bit of stickler for keeping characters in character (x3 character word combo!!)
    crfh: Niiiice picture, your work has a steve purcell feel while feeling origenal all at the same time :D
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks, guys. :)
    "Yo, C, I'm gonna have to call you back later. Apparently Sam has electromagnetic powers now."

You have no idea how excited this made me. XD Awesome.
    Cheri wrote:
    Ohhh yessssssss. That gives me a prompt to post whatever electromagnetic Sam stuff I have lying around. And if none, then to draw some!
    Do it, do it, do it! :D
  • edited January 2011
    Hey managed to find what I wrote up for that fancomic idea I had, it's kinda long and I wont post all of it but for those who are interested here ya go. Sorry for some bad spelling, it's a big weakness of mine ^^;

The comic opens with a view of the office. Sam and Max are just laying about, the office remains completely unharmed in this time stream, they lounge about, Max holding a hammer trying whack a roach and mean while Sam remains in his chair relaxed and content with his freelance life style. The phone rings and as always a mad race for the phone begins with Max shouting “I GOT IT!” like he normally does, his chance to grab the phone fails as Sam holds out a skillet and puts it in front of the dashing Max who is then knocked out by the impact.

Sam: Yes? Oh? Girl you be trippin’! We’re on are way!
    The phone is slammed down and Max awakes from his skillet nap
    Sam: The commissioner says they’re odd things happening at the abandoned comic store!
    Max: Is it a race of nerd like mole men?
    Sam: Well ether way we’ll most likely be able to shoot stuff so let’s go!

The next panel remains the same but is slightly darker and the Narrator from TDPH comes into the frame.

N: Welcome my friends! Yet again we see Sam and Max off on what appears to be another run of the mill adventure of non sequiturs and the bizarre but do not be fooled as things are not what they appear! This Sam and Max are not the one’s you have been following. The Sam and Max that appear here are time duplicates caused by a mishap of time travelling mariachis. Sounds strange but now that you’ve entered this world of Sam and Max I warn you… it’ll only get stranger.

We see the abandoned comic book store, a run down place with broken windows and the sign has missing letters, and rats can be seen scampering by.

Sam: Well here we are at the abandoned comic store! Tragic to think this was once the gathering of sweaty lonely teens.
    Max: And you say my thoughts are disturbed!
    They now are in the store and Max is flicking through the left over comics while Sam looks around for clues, possibly things to pick up and click on aimlessly.
    Sam: There doesn’t seem to be anything bad going on here…
    Max: You haven’t read the comics! Where are the explosions and acts of random violence!
    Sam: All the good comics where most likely taken by geeks and nerds alike long ago.
    Max: There like little nerdy rodents, feeding off whatever’s left behind! It’s fun learning about the circle of life but at the same time disturbing.
    Sam sees something on the floor, he picks it up
    Sam: Huh… is this what I think it is?
    He licks it
    Sam: IT IS! It’s a Some What Cheese Flavoured Corn Puff!
    A panel showing a trail while Sam says off screen
    Sam: Look! There is a whole trail of them!
    Max: And then we’ll find the guy who just heartlessly leaves snacks on the floor.
    Max picks one up and wipes a tear from his eye
    Max: Poor lil’ guy never fulfilled his destiny
    Sam: Come on you knuckle head we’re still on a case, plus this trail may lead to a storage space of even more snacks and who knows what!
    They end up going behind the counter of the store and see a locked cellar door on the floor where the trail stops.

Sam: At a guess I’d say this door leads to an evil lair in which some diabolical person plots of the downfall of this world all because his mother never hugged him enough.
    Max: Or the adult section of the store.
    Sam: Ether way it’ll be hard to look at.
    When they climb down the ladders they are greeted by a laboratory along with a chair and TV currently showing nothing but static and next to the lab table is a mini fridge.
    Sam: Truly this is the place of mad man playing God! Who knows what twisted things have gone on in here?
    Max: Yeah… Hey lets raid his fridge!
    Sam: I can’t think of a reason not to!
    They open the mini fridge and a smile on their faces soon turns into wonder.
    Sam: Holy personification of thought gone evil due to its host never doing a good thing for anyone! It’s beautiful!
    The fridge is stuffed full of snack foods, from chips, ice creams, sodas and energy drinks.
    Max: I had always heard of people who hoarded stock piles of snack food but most of the time I thought they where talking about us!

They start to eat the contents of the fridge, a few panels of them simply eating
    Max: Look Sam! This guy has Fizzle Bombers in isotope flavour; these haven’t been on the market since forever!
    Sam: This guy has all sorts of band and foreign snacks! Some of it I haven’t even heard of! We’ve hit the jackpot little buddy!
    Max: What else has he got in there?!
    Sam reaches into the fridge a grabs what appears to be an energy drink
    Sam: Looks like another crazy unknown brand name. Huh, “Electromagnetic Power”
    Max: Oooh! Sounds sporty! Let me try! Gimme!
    Sam: Now Max remember the last time you had an energy drink?
    Max: Haha yeah, I can still remember the screams, good times.
    Sam: As fun a week that was you’ve been band from it for a reason and as freelance police we must uphold the law to at least some extents.
    Max: Well that’s lame. I guess you can have it then, maybe it’ll turn you tongue blue or something!
    Sam: Well I’ve never been much of an energy drink person but when will I get the chance to eat out this guy’s fridge again?
    Sam drinks it.
    Max: So how was it? Feel energised? Is your tongue blue?
    Sam: Well actually I don’t feel anything I… er… I feel kind of sleepy.
    Max: Sam?
    Sam starts to go heavy eyed and speaks nonsense
    Sam: Holy something, something … erg.
    Sam falls to the floor.
    Max: Hey Sam you ok? Sam? Weird, Sam would never fall asleep when he’s surrounded by snack food.
    Max’s head turns as someone shouts “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” off frame.
  • edited January 2011
    Hey managed to find what I wrote up for that fancomic idea I had, it's kinda long and I wont post all of it but for those who are interested here ya go. Sorry for some bad spelling, it's a big weakness of mine ^^;

(Awesome script!)
    Nobody Go anywhere! I want to see if I can come up with some comics for this.
  • edited January 2011
    Here's one about football...
    no_good_by_pheeph-d381qbi.jpg
  • edited January 2011

The comic opens with a view of the office. Sam and Max are just laying about, the office remains completely unharmed in this time stream, they lounge about, Max holding a hammer trying whack a roach and mean while Sam remains in his chair relaxed and content with his freelance life style. The phone rings and as always a mad race for the phone begins with Max shouting “I GOT IT!” like he normally does, his chance to grab the phone fails as Sam holds out a skillet and puts it in front of the dashing Max who is then knocked out by the impact.

Sam: Yes? Oh? Girl you be trippin’! We’re on are way!
    The phone is slammed down and Max awakes from his skillet nap
    Sam: The commissioner says they’re odd things happening at the abandoned comic store!
    Max: Is it a race of nerd like mole men?
    Sam: Well ether way we’ll most likely be able to shoot stuff so let’s go!

The next panel remains the same but is slightly darker and the Narrator from TDPH comes into the frame.

N: Welcome my friends! Yet again we see Sam and Max off on what appears to be another run of the mill adventure of non sequiturs and the bizarre but do not be fooled as things are not what they appear! This Sam and Max are not the one’s you have been following. The Sam and Max that appear here are time duplicates caused by a mishap of time travelling mariachis. Sounds strange but now that you’ve entered this world of Sam and Max I warn you… it’ll only get stranger.

We see the abandoned comic book store, a run down place with broken windows and the sign has missing letters, and rats can be seen scampering by.

Sam: Well here we are at the abandoned comic store! Tragic to think this was once the gathering of sweaty lonely teens.
    Max: And you say my thoughts are disturbed!
    They now are in the store and Max is flicking through the left over comics while Sam looks around for clues, possibly things to pick up and click on aimlessly.
    Sam: There doesn’t seem to be anything bad going on here…
    Max: You haven’t read the comics! Where are the explosions and acts of random violence!
    Sam: All the good comics where most likely taken by geeks and nerds alike long ago.
    Max: There like little nerdy rodents, feeding off whatever’s left behind! It’s fun learning about the circle of life but at the same time disturbing.
    Sam sees something on the floor, he picks it up
    Sam: Huh… is this what I think it is?
    He licks it
    Sam: IT IS! It’s a Some What Cheese Flavoured Corn Puff!
    A panel showing a trail while Sam says off screen
    Sam: Look! There is a whole trail of them!
    Max: And then we’ll find the guy who just heartlessly leaves snacks on the floor.
    Max picks one up and wipes a tear from his eye
    Max: Poor lil’ guy never fulfilled his destiny
    Sam: Come on you knuckle head we’re still on a case, plus this trail may lead to a storage space of even more snacks and who knows what!
    They end up going behind the counter of the store and see a locked cellar door on the floor where the trail stops.

Sam: At a guess I’d say this door leads to an evil lair in which some diabolical person plots of the downfall of this world all because his mother never hugged him enough.
    Max: Or the adult section of the store.
    Sam: Ether way it’ll be hard to look at.
    When they climb down the ladders they are greeted by a laboratory along with a chair and TV currently showing nothing but static and next to the lab table is a mini fridge.
    Sam: Truly this is the place of mad man playing God! Who knows what twisted things have gone on in here?
    Max: Yeah… Hey lets raid his fridge!
    Sam: I can’t think of a reason not to!
    They open the mini fridge and a smile on their faces soon turns into wonder.
    Sam: Holy personification of thought gone evil due to its host never doing a good thing for anyone! It’s beautiful!
    The fridge is stuffed full of snack foods, from chips, ice creams, sodas and energy drinks.
    Max: I had always heard of people who hoarded stock piles of snack food but most of the time I thought they where talking about us!

They start to eat the contents of the fridge, a few panels of them simply eating
    Max: Look Sam! This guy has Fizzle Bombers in isotope flavour; these haven’t been on the market since forever!
    Sam: This guy has all sorts of band and foreign snacks! Some of it I haven’t even heard of! We’ve hit the jackpot little buddy!
    Max: What else has he got in there?!
    Sam reaches into the fridge a grabs what appears to be an energy drink
    Sam: Looks like another crazy unknown brand name. Huh, “Electromagnetic Power”
    Max: Oooh! Sounds sporty! Let me try! Gimme!
    Sam: Now Max remember the last time you had an energy drink?
    Max: Haha yeah, I can still remember the screams, good times.
    Sam: As fun a week that was you’ve been band from it for a reason and as freelance police we must uphold the law to at least some extents.
    Max: Well that’s lame. I guess you can have it then, maybe it’ll turn you tongue blue or something!
    Sam: Well I’ve never been much of an energy drink person but when will I get the chance to eat out this guy’s fridge again?
    Sam drinks it.
    Max: So how was it? Feel energised? Is your tongue blue?
    Sam: Well actually I don’t feel anything I… er… I feel kind of sleepy.
    Max: Sam?
    Sam starts to go heavy eyed and speaks nonsense
    Sam: Holy something, something … erg.
    Sam falls to the floor.
    Max: Hey Sam you ok? Sam? Weird, Sam would never fall asleep when he’s surrounded by snack food.
    Max’s head turns as someone shouts “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” off frame.

Now I really want to see a comic about this oO
  • edited January 2011
    Silly: high praise indeed :D

I like the fanfics! I need to ease my withdrawal symptoms :)
  • edited January 2011

*THIS SCRIPT SHOULD TOTALLY BE DRAWN OUT*

You're a pretty damn good writer. The dialogue's nice and smooth, it's easy to imagine voices, and even visualize. (I understand that that's the point of scriptwriting, but you pull it off well. :D )

Awesome job. Did it stop there, or or there more?
    pheeph wrote: »
    Here's one about football...

Admittedly, this is probably a very realistic scenario. :P

Decided to focus more on traditional media - namely, penciling the living hell out of this page. I kinda like it this way, but I'll probably add one or two Photoshop shadings in the future.

The dialogue is literally off the top of my head. Funnily enough, for Sam and Max, it works. I don't know how to feel about that. :P Can anyone guess the references?

Page2.png
  • edited January 2011
    1nky: Wow really nice work, good flow and I liked the little cockroach :D Nice work!

Also thanks for the positive feedback, I have written more but this is the lot, I might add more if I feel inspired. Enjoy!

A nerdy guy scientist appears on the next panel, has a very mad scientist/still lives with his mother vibe.

Que: What are you doing here?! How did you find this place?!
    Max: I could ask YOU the same question!
    Que: I live here!
    Max: Or do you…
    Que notices that his food has been eaten
    Que: Oh god! M-my snack food… I was saving all this for the lan party this weekend!
    Max: Pssh what a loser, right Sam? (Sam is still knocked out) Oh yeah, your unconscious. Hey buddy! One of your energy drinks doesn’t do its job very well.
    Que: What energy drink? I don’t drink energy drinks anymore; it throws off my aim when I’m playing “I shot you in the face”
    Max: Then that means… I COULD have drunk it! Damn it Sam!
    Sam wakes up, his eyes glowing and he is shouting
    Sam: I CAN’T PICK THAT UP!
    Sam’s eyes return back to normal
    Sam: I just had horrible dream, some unknown force kept making me try to pick up things and I couldn’t but they just kept clicking and pointing!
    Max: Erm… Sam?
    Sam: Oh hey Max! Who’s the nerd?
    Que: Charming… My name I’ll have you know is Que. (The can of “energy drink” hits his foot) My super soda experiment! Who drank this?!
    Max: SAM DID IT! I couldn’t stop him! I tried but…
    Sam: Thanks a lot, little buddy.
    Que: This wasn’t even ready yet! I put it in there for a reason!
    Max: So it’ll stay fresh?
    Que: No! It’s highly unstable radiation, it takes years for the molecules to cool down and this thing had only been in my mini fridge for a week!
    Sam: Soooo is that bad?
    Max: Will he grow an extra arm! Oh please tell me he does!
    Que: To be honest I’m surprised you’re not dead. The whole purpose of these drinks was to give me super powers so I could finally be the hero, or villain, of this city!
    Sam: Well your strange fantasy’s aside am I going to be ok? I’m not sure if radiation is good for me.
    Que: Hell if I know, they’re two possible out comes. One being that nothing happens. Maybe some of your hair will fall out but other than that nothing. Two might be you will mutate out of control.
    Max: I like the sounds of option two!
    Que: Look to be honest I don’t care so both you please leave my lab before I call the police!
    Sam: Oh hey that reminds me. We’re the freelance police and you’re under arrest!
    Que: WHAT?!
    Sam: Get him, little buddy!
    Max leaps towards Que while Que is shocked and confused to what is going on.

Back at the office a very pleased Max describes how he harmed Que while a concerned Sam is looking in the mirror, checking to see if he’s lost any hair.

Max: And the part where he was sobbing, “Oh please, I’m sorry!” I love this job, Sam!
    Sam: Huh, yeah sure.
    Max: You’ve been looking in the mirror for awhile now, heck I didn’t even know we had a mirror until you started being obsessed with it.
    Sam: I guess I’m just worried, that guy said I might loose my hair!
    Max: Or you mutate horribly!
    Sam: Oh yeah, that too. I’m mostly worried about the hair thing though.
    Max: Well just do what all people do when they loose hair, comb it over, it’s not like you’ve not got any hair to spare.
    Sam: True, I guess that’s the advantage of being a dog. All this radiation I’ve absorbed sure has made me hungry though.
    Max: Let’s get takeout!
    Sam: I think we’ve frightened away most of the takeaway guys long ago Max, but we could go to Stinky’s.
    Max: It’s open again?
    Sam: The open sign has been flickering for some time now I think.
    Max: Then why are we sitting around here for lets go!

Sam and Max are outside the diner, just opening the door

Max: Do you think he still sells corndog surprise?
    Sam: The surprise is it’s not really a corndog!
    A plate smashes the wall just as the put there head through the door
    Sam: I know Stinky was a grouch but I don’t remember him throwing plates at us before…
    Max: Well not before we’ve even entered at least.

Sam and Max enter the diner and Girl Stinky is throwing plates at Grandpa Stinky.

GirlS: I was running the place just fine! And you had to come back and ruin everything!
    GrandpaS: Oh just fine were you? I’m glad I came back from my vacation early, look at what you’ve done in such a short span of time! And that chef you’ve got in the kitchen!
    Girl: I’m actually making this place profitable! And Sal is a great chef but you never even let us get the point where we reopened so now no one will know!
    Sam: Erm have we come in at a bad time.
    Grandpa: Yes! Now that both of ya get out!
    Max: But we- (A plate almost hits him) You see now is the right point in time where they throw plates at us. (Another plate smashes)
    Sam: Come on Max, this obviously appears to be some kind of family dispute.

Sam and Max walk the streets wondering where to go now.
  • edited January 2011
    that's my first try with comics or fan art so plese keep that in mind and also i didn't know my scanner would mess everything up so much ^_^ and sorry bout my writing(it is hardly readable even for me ^_^) and grammar(i'm not English)
    sam%26max%201.JPG
    sam%26max.JPG
    sam%26max%203.JPG
  • edited January 2011
    Looking at some of these makes me really wish I kept up drawing when I was a kid. I cant draw for squat now, and I'm 18. Is it too late to start again?
  • edited January 2011
    It's never too late. And you're pretty young.
  • edited January 2011
    everyone can draw in their own specific style. Bad fan art doesn't exist ^_^
  • edited January 2011
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Looking at some of these makes me really wish I kept up drawing when I was a kid. I cant draw for squat now, and I'm 18. Is it too late to start again?

I'm in an animation class. Some people started the course without a lick of knowledge on how to draw - these are 18-22-year-olds I'm talking about. Some people start art courses in their late 30s, or even their 50s, or even older.

People are always refining their techniques, their styles, all that jazz - for their whole lives, depending on how deep they go into it. Same applies to anything, really - you never really stop learning, and it's never really too late to start.

So, go forth and doodle, if that's what you want to do. :D
  • edited January 2011
    Wish I took some classes, like, any... But maybe after graduating.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.