The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited January 2011
    1nky wrote: »
    It is indeed. o_o

Can't talk. Sleepy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/kyeldra/Page4.png

Really nice art, funny, and an interesting story?

I know everyone is telling you this right now but it needs to be repeated, you're awesome XD
  • edited January 2011
    I'm liking this sequence very much :D
  • edited January 2011
    I now request Sam with a tommy-gun ala the Smooth Criminal music video. Cause nothing says badass like Sam with a tommy-gun.

That is quite tempting! Also, I'd like to see crfh's rendition of that as well ;)
  • edited January 2011
    AAARGH I said don't tempt me! XD

Anyway, I'm feeling horribly guilty about skipping inking practice. You see, this is how New Year's resolutions die :(

So vote for what you'd like to see next week at some point. I'm not going to describe them, just give you the titles.

* Packing a Rod (Somewhere)

* Law Enforcement.

* Supermegacoolsexy! (Well, sort of)

* Clue or Lunch?

* Corndog Tragedy.

* Abduction Rejects!

The pic of Sam in his golden shorts at the docks, I want to ink and color it. So right now it's going into the coloring queue, for like March if I'm lucky.
  • edited January 2011
    But they all sound so good D:
  • edited January 2011
    I vote for Supermegacoolsexy under the condition both Sam & Max are in the pic. If not, Abduction Rejects sounds nice! (I know...I'm weird :p)
  • edited January 2011
    Yes, both Sam and Max are in Supermegacoolsexy.
  • edited January 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Yes, both Sam and Max are in Supermegacoolsexy.

Perfect :cool:
  • edited January 2011
    So vote for what you'd like to see next week at some point. I'm not going to describe them, just give you the titles.

* Packing a Rod (Somewhere)

I'm interested, this has my vote. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Uhhh geee oohhh ahhh hmm.

I am interested in the Corndog Tragedy. D: I want some angst.

(If the votes are getting too spread out for you, then I'll vote for Supermegacoolsexy!) :D
  • edited January 2011
    I vote for exactly what 1nky said.
  • edited January 2011
    Just... a... little... more!

And then I'm going to have to deal with inking and coloring this monstrosity... @__@

attachment.php?attachmentid=2317&stc=1&d=1296563020
  • edited January 2011
    That looks brilliant!
  • edited January 2011
    That is very nice, divisionten! I especially like Skunkape's ship :D

1nky: Angst, huh? Well, "Corndog Tragedy" is more like a comedy pic. But tell you what, if you finish your comic I'll make a pic for you. One that is a *supernova* of angst. Deal? ;D

Supermegacoolsexy Sam and Max it is, then :D
  • edited February 2011
    serious_sam_color_practice_by_thesunnyguy-d38l5x4.png
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Serious-Sam-color-practice-195822904
    Yesterday I really wanted to do two things, draw a serious Sam and practice my coloring. I said "why not kill 2 birds with one stone" so I made this. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about the head itself (I constantly switch between "ugh, I ****ed it up" and "I like it"), but I do know that I love how the hat came out.

And then I'm going to have to deal with inking and coloring this monstrosity... @__@

It'll be worth it :D
  • edited February 2011
    Oh my, I am loving all the artses here. :D
    I hope it's not bad form for a n00b to post something in this thread. Here's a little daub for Chinese New Year:
    yearoftherabbit.png
  • edited February 2011
    Just saw your drawing on Deviant, it's awesome!
  • edited February 2011
    Lady K wrote: »
    I hope it's not bad form for a n00b to post something in this thread. Here's a little daub for Chinese New Year:
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb471/LadyKeane27/yearoftherabbit.png

Nah, IIRC my first post was fanart too. Fanart like this is ALWAYS appreciate no matter who it is. Fav'd already on DA. I must say, I'm interested in Flint's lesson too XD
  • edited February 2011
    Also known as "Dat Ass".

supermegacoolsexyfinal2.gif
  • edited February 2011
    ahah cool
  • edited February 2011

You're getting there! Keep it up! :D Can't wait to see it coloured!
    1nky: Angst, huh? Well, "Corndog Tragedy" is more like a comedy pic. But tell you what, if you finish your comic I'll make a pic for you. One that is a *supernova* of angst. Deal? ;D

Well, I meant angst in the comedic sense, but I may have to take you up on that offer. (If you can't, that's cool too. :D) *Scurries off to comic*
    SunnyGuy wrote: »

The head is a little too broad, methinks, but otherwise, this is a great attempt at colouring. I like what you've done with the shading. :)

I saw this earlier on deviantArt - wonderful job, dude. :) What kind of outfit is Sam wearing, by the way?

Totally waiting for a myriad of 'Year of the Max' artworks. :D
    Also known as "Dat Ass".

YES. For the love of God, YES. God, I love your inking. Even the back of Sam's coat is just... aaahhh. And yes, Max is totally Max. :D

Comic time! Page 5:

Page5_0001.png

For a page with five panels, I had a lot of trouble with this one. I didn't exactly thumbnail this one out, believing it'd be pretty simple, but I was proven wrong. Plus, I was halfway done drawing the fourth panel when I realized Max must have driven pretty freakin' fast to get to the outskirts of New York. OTL

I'll try to be more careful next time. D:
  • edited February 2011
    For a page with five panels, I had a lot of trouble with this one. I didn't exactly thumbnail this one out, believing it'd be pretty simple, but I was proven wrong. Plus, I was halfway done drawing the fourth panel when I realized Max must have driven pretty freakin' fast to get to the outskirts of New York. OTL

I'll try to be more careful next time. D:

We know that the desoto is special :D
  • edited February 2011
    Ooooh very awesome! I need more! Each page gets better :D
  • edited February 2011
    @1nky - dude, your skillz are brilliant. The layout of the pages and the effects and everything!

@crfh - how are you so good at making everything so damn sexy? :O
  • edited February 2011
    Also known as "Dat Ass".

:O Too much sexeh. The lovely lineart alone is enough, but the boys totally look as if they're voguing to a Miles Davis album or something. :D
    I saw this earlier on deviantArt - wonderful job, dude. :) What kind of outfit is Sam wearing, by the way?

Totally waiting for a myriad of 'Year of the Max' artworks. :D

Thanks! I've seen at least one more New Year Max pic on DA so far: http://deerock-gorilla.deviantart.com/#/d38lzjv

The outfit Sam is wearing is for the Xiaosheng (young male hero) role in Beijing and Cantonese opera. I am completely in love with classical chinese art and design, I've filled up many folders on my hard drive with examples of period costume and scroll paintings. <3

Nice comic! have you uploaded the pages anywhere else on the web?
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks guys. I don't make them sexy, they're sexy already! LOL

*gigglefit*

Great page 1nky, hahaha, "the slowest reaction time since ME" XD
  • edited February 2011
    Line art now COMPLETE! Woo-hoo! That was a pain in my hindquarters. Next up is coloring this beast.

lineartn.jpg

If you want a hi-rez copy to color in yourself- this is a pretty nifty coloring-book page, here you go!

Also:

@cfh- I'm just reiterating what I said before, but I am ALWAYS impressed by your work. Are you a professional artist? I know being an artist is hell and hard work, but I am curious if you do this on a daily basis.

@inky- The comic is well paced, expressive, and captures Sam and Max perfectly. I couldn't ask for more (except maybe a printed copy when it's done)

My mom saw this today and told me it looks like it was made while on drugs. Ummm.... thanks Mom?
  • edited February 2011
    Whoa, the telltale forums are sorta dying D:

divisionten: I suppose that at least technically I could be called a pro, since I've lived off my webcomic for some years now. But really... my webcomic has never had a reputation for having good art, quite the contrary, LOL

XD
  • edited February 2011

Oh man, this is brilliant.
  • edited February 2011
    Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos. Some of them are easy to recognize, obviously the sky was sky and the water, water. The Max spores are photographs of rabbit fur, and all the metallic things (Skunkape's ship, or at least the half of it I already filled in, the Maimtron, the black part of the DeSoto that's done, etc) are all real metal.

Some of the interesting ones- the Future Vision is actually a pill bottle cap, Sybil's suit is a gasoline can, and the Statue of LIberty is a kitchen countertop.

I know part of it's hard to see right now- Norrington and Sal in particular are hidden behind the textures. Once they're filled in with their own colors, they'll be visible!

lineart.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos. Some of them are easy to recognize, obviously the sky was sky and the water, water. The Max spores are photographs of rabbit fur, and all the metallic things (Skunkape's ship, or at least the half of it I already filled in, the Maimtron, the black part of the DeSoto that's done, etc) are all real metal.

Some of the interesting ones- the Future Vision is actually a pill bottle cap, Sybil's suit is a gasoline can, and the Statue of LIberty is a kitchen countertop.

I know part of it's hard to see right now- Norrington and Sal in particular are hidden behind the textures. Once they're filled in with their own colors, they'll be visible!

lineart.jpg

Actually looking pretty good.
  • edited February 2011
    Why do I consistently finish these things at 1am? *Tired*

♪Not much to say about Sam at this stage,
    so here's a Max, Max, Max, Max, Max Max page...♪

Page6.png
  • edited February 2011
    Good thinking Max, we always need a second convenient garage. Plus the steering wheel ripped in half. I'm loving these comic pages!
  • edited February 2011
    a pic i made just few days ago :3 (also, nice to meet you guys)
    smpinupfinal.jpg

thanks 1nky for the tip ^^
  • edited February 2011
    @ divisionten - loving the textures and colours going on, it looking to be a really action-packed piece!

@1nky - awesome as always. You're really good with their humour too! A difficult thing to do. :)

@ tark - welcome to the boards! And you're first impression is amazing. Gah, I just envy people who have such a brilliant way with colours!!
  • edited February 2011
    1nky: Steve plays football? I'll be damned! Awesome as always my dear :D

tark: Daaang that some nice skills you got there!
  • edited February 2011
    division10: wow, that's a pretty busy pic!

1nky: can't wait to see more.

tark: eyepopping! o.O
  • edited February 2011
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)
    Thanks! I've seen at least one more New Year Max pic on DA so far: http://deerock-gorilla.deviantart.com/#/d38lzjv

The outfit Sam is wearing is for the Xiaosheng (young male hero) role in Beijing and Cantonese opera. I am completely in love with classical chinese art and design, I've filled up many folders on my hard drive with examples of period costume and scroll paintings. <3

Nice comic! have you uploaded the pages anywhere else on the web?

Ooh, thanks for the link!

Cool - I learned something about Chinese opera, today. :) They really do have beautiful clothing - it's very intricate and ornamental - quite lovely to look at.

I haven't, actually. :/ Maybe I should do that at some point, so people don't have to scroll through a thread in order to read it.

Thanks!
    Well, since this thread's been pretty dead today, thought I'd show you guys how the coloring's been going on my piece. Granted, "coloring" isn't the right word here. Everything is actually clipped from photos.
    *Whoa.jpg*

Now that it's all coming together, it's starting to look really cool. Wondering what texture you'll use for Monster Max. :D
  • edited February 2011
    thanks guys X3
Sign in to comment in this discussion.