The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited April 2011
    This reminds me, I did draw Sam & Max in Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt style a whiles back.

IVELOSTCONTROLOFMYLIFE.png?t=1303968894

Sloppy, but whatever, it was a doodle.
  • edited April 2011
    Bah, I hate it when a reply gets lost because it didn't submit properly for whatever reason >__<
    What most people forget about these two is that they're ANTHROPOMORPHIC animals. They may be animals, but they act like, talk like, and walk upright like people do. My whole approach to my art is to portray the characters as having the personality and basic body structure of humans, with the features of animals, hence the inclusion of the sanity-protecting swim trunks. Despite what you might think, anthro characters like my interpretation of Max don't have to be completely naked.

Plus, In response to that whole thing about the hair, that was a joke. We're talking about characters who are essentially parodies of other comic characters. I included the hair as a joke about how every single anime character, by some apparent law, has to have a messed-up mop of technicolor hair. I know it doesn't make sense, but who ever said that anime had to be 110% accurate?

1st part: However, being naked is pretty much a part of Max's character. When he wears anything at all it's special, just because it's anime style that doesn't have to change. Even if he's naked you don't have to show anything, hell, most cute and cuddly anime creatures don't, just ask this guy
    Kero1.jpg

2nd part: They're animals with fur, they already have hair you can and should use. "Anime hair" is defined by the crazy style, not the color anyways. Although white haired boys does scream anime, which makes it even weirder that you gave Max blond hair.
    Okay, when you ask for feedback on your work, don't get all uppity and whiny when people GIVE it to you. If you're just looking for asspats, don't ask for feedback.

Pretty much this. You asked for feedback, we gave you our honest opinions. If they sound rude I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

@Mickey: Wow, Soul does scream human!Max XD

@Malky: HAHAHAHA XD

@crfh: Oh god that's too adorable

@Cheri again: Hahaha, they look weird but adorable =P
  • edited April 2011
    You know what I miss? The Giant Electromagnetic Sam meme. I'm bringing that back.

sampocalypse_redux_by_klatuu_vii-d3f5mi5.jpg

Aptly titled "Sampocalypse Redux", based on "Sampocalype!", also by me, with a lot of help from Glenn Fabry's "Anatomy for Fantasy Artists".
  • edited April 2011
    Ooh, he looks...what's the word I'm looking for? Metal? Hardcore? I dunno but something like that D:

If I wasn't feeling SO rusty at drawing Sam I'd give it another try myself. Maybe.
  • edited April 2011
    I feel like I shouldn't be looking at this.

Oh man those abs.
  • edited April 2011
    Cheri wrote: »
    This reminds me, I did draw Sam & Max in Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt style a whiles back.

IVELOSTCONTROLOFMYLIFE.png?t=1303968894

I love a lot of the things you do, but this.

THIS.

IS FREAKIN'. AMAZING.

OH. MY. GOD.

-insert crying gif here-
  • edited April 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    He appears to be imported.

hellomax.jpg

Someone needs to sculpt this. NOW.

Also I'm not getting tangled up in this Snooki hair-poof mess up there.
    Cheri wrote: »

YES. GAWJUSS.

Klatuu wrote: »
    You know what I miss? The Giant Electromagnetic Sam meme. I'm bringing that back.

Aptly titled "Sampocalypse Redux", based on "Sampocalype!", also by me, with a lot of help from Glenn Fabry's "Anatomy for Fantasy Artists".

Oh man, what a difference! Definitely digging the second one <33
  • edited April 2011
    Klatuu don't hate me for this:
    sampocalypse_redux_by_klatuu_vii-d3f5mi5copycopy.png
    :'DDD (Sunnyguy inspired, ha)
  • edited April 2011
    Thank you very much on your feedback, guys! I'll be uploading a Hello Sam version tonight in a little while.
  • edited April 2011

That's the second awesome thing I inspire in this thread. Go me!
  • edited April 2011
    That's so something I'd like to use as a wallpaper.
  • edited April 2011
    hellosam.jpg

Partially based on Pochacco, one of my fave sanrio chars. Adowaboo. :3

edit: sorry, bad file.
  • edited April 2011
    I liked all of the extra white tbh

Made it feel like a wallpaper or something.
  • edited April 2011
    True, but it makes for a heavy file, and the thread is full of images. I'll put a link to it if you want.
  • edited April 2011
    Hmm, well, I was thinking, what if Max was on the other corner?
  • edited April 2011
    hellosam.jpg

Aww, cute.
  • edited April 2011
    hellosam.jpg

*DELURK'D*

He just looks so precious...

Way too many pieces have been put up since I last posted, so, er... good job all around? *Cheap*
  • edited April 2011
    hellosam.jpg

So cute! I gotta love it. :)
  • edited April 2011
    hellosam.jpg

Aw, Hello Sam!!!! So cute.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm glad you liked it, guys. Here's the wallpaper version!

http://crfh-maritza.deviantart.com/#/d3faw9n
  • edited April 2011
    I'm glad you liked it, guys. Here's the wallpaper version!

http://crfh-maritza.deviantart.com/#/d3faw9n

Haha, sweet. :D
  • edited April 2011
    THISONEISBETTER.jpg

I really hope this doesn't count as fanart... I just... I was talking to a friend and... I haven't slept in like two days so just take it.

JUST TAKE IT.

EDIT: Okay fine here's some real art...

SNMHEADS.jpg

The vampire and the chick with the big nose are mine... The rabbity thing with the hat, the normal looking woman, the dog guy and the big nosed guy belong to Cheri.

Most of these heads were requests from Cheri and they were real fun to draw. Which reminds me, I do take sketch requests if anyone's interested!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm in stitches over that first image.
    Literally, I'm in tears.
  • edited May 2011
    @Lovenu-Your sketches are really beautiful! I love how loose and free they are. :> You really do have a charm at drawing the characters.
  • edited May 2011
    I really don't know how this came up to my mind, but well... here it is

robwalt.th.jpg

Walter Matthau and Roberto Benigni as Sam & Max :eek:
  • edited May 2011
    @ric-82 - Pure novelty! Never saw those guys as Sam and Max. Really clever! :D
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks! :)

They starred together in an Italian movie, back in 1988 and they made a great couple, then. I think my mind just took that as a suggestion ;)

But it's still a odd thing :p
  • Lovenu wrote: »
    THISONEISBETTER.jpg

I really hope this doesn't count as fanart... I just... I was talking to a friend and... I haven't slept in like two days so just take it.

JUST TAKE IT.

If that were Twilight, I'd have to watch it just to see what would happen. Especially Flint Paper with a blue face! As is, I'm suffering from a giggling fit right now. Sparkly Papierwaite...what now?
  • edited May 2011
    @Lovenu: I flipping love you. Also reblogged that on tumblr :'D
    @ric-82: ....<3 that is insanely amazing.
  • edited May 2011
    Lovenu wrote: »
    THISONEISBETTER.jpg

I just have to say that the fact that Bella has been turned into Dr. Norrington gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Good work.
  • edited May 2011
    THISONEISBETTER.jpg

JUST TAKE IT.

That literally left me speechless for at least like a minute. Well, more like mumbling incoherently like an idiot actually.

Your sketches are awesome too :D

@ric: Haha, dunno who they are but it looks quite good XD
  • edited May 2011
    Klatuu don't hate me for this:
    sampocalypse_redux_by_klatuu_vii-d3f5mi5copycopy.png
    :'DDD (Sunnyguy inspired, ha)

:D

How could I hate such AWESOME? I love it! I'm just mad I didn't do it first!

Rock on,
    Klatuu
  • edited May 2011
    THISONEISBETTER.jpg

Dear lord, for bad photoshop, it made me laugh out loud, brilliant. Although I'm disturbed that Flint and Max have boobs.
  • edited May 2011
    I have no idea what Max is doing there.

But IT'S. ON.
    itson.jpg
    :p
  • edited May 2011
    Hey guys, remember that silly image of mine, with Sam & max dressed as a pair of weeaboos? Well guess whaaaat?

I COLORED IT! YAAAY!

Not too shabby for a first try, huh?
  • edited May 2011
    @crfh-that looks awesome~
    @ captain viku- hey, that looks pretty good for a first try! I like how you co-ordinated the colors!
  • edited May 2011
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I have seen awesome works on GIMP, so, practice is the key, nothing else. Probably you will improve if you buy a Tablet (A cheap one would be fine, really!), because it's really difficult to do stuff with the mouse.

This one it's a sketch I did, scan it and ink/color it with the Mouse in Adobe Illustrator.
    Ikr. I'm REALLY bad with drawing with the mouse. I Laugh at my own work.
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks, Sonekana!

Wow, this forum is pretty deserted... I think I'll be only posting new S&M fanart on my deviant for the time being.

Well, last fling!

maxsketchdumpIIs.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks, Sonekana!

Wow, this forum is pretty deserted... I think I'll be only posting new S&M fanart on my deviant for the time being.

Well, last fling!

maxsketchdumpIIs.jpg

No problem~ :D

..you're right O_O I need to get my fan-art drive in gear D:

And this sketch dump is pretty awesome, gotta love it~ :D My favorite part is the "Goodnight, Fresh Prince!" sketch. Ahh, the memories of S1E3.
  • edited May 2011
    Well, I start vacations tomorrow AND got my laptop back AND have a brand new tablet. I don't think I even need to point out what that should imply =P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.