The legendary Sam & Max fanart

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Sonekana wrote: »
    No problem~ :D

..you're right O_O I need to get my fan-art drive in gear D:

And this sketch dump is pretty awesome, gotta love it~ :D My favorite part is the "Goodnight, Fresh Prince!" sketch. Ahh, the memories of S1E3.

Thank you :D Aah that part! I remember the first time I saw it. I was laughing so hard my back started hurting XD
  • edited May 2011
    Just threw this up on DevART this morning, but here's my entry for the fanart contest:

oK6qC.png

Now live, fanart thread! Liiiiive! I miss you!
  • edited May 2011
    Great job Omega! Hopefully there will more awesome entries for the contest like this. Is Sam carrying plushie Max-like-rabbit?

Is this forum always like this between seasons? LOL
  • edited May 2011
    Omegabegin wrote: »
    Just threw this up on DevART this morning, but here's my entry for the fanart contest:

Ooh I love the drama in this drawing! The view from Sam's perspective, him holding the bunny and his shadow of his electromagnetic-monster form. So symbolic. Nice job!
  • edited May 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Great job Omega! Hopefully there will more awesome entries for the contest like this. Is Sam carrying plushie Max-like-rabbit?
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Ooh I love the drama in this drawing! The view from Sam's perspective, him holding the bunny and his shadow of his electromagnetic-monster form. So symbolic. Nice job!

Yep, that's the rabbit all right - I was sad that it ended up in some alley during the intro credits...SO I GAVE IT TO SAM.

Thanks, guys! I had a lot of fun with this picture :D Here's hoping we'll see more entries!
  • edited May 2011

oK6qC.png

Oh my god this is really awesome!! I love the way this picture looks with the perspective, the shading and the colors! Amazing job, it's great you're entering it in the contest!
  • edited May 2011
    Oh my god this is really awesome!! I love the way this picture looks with the perspective, the shading and the colors! Amazing job, it's great you're entering it in the contest!

Thank you <3 And thanks for extending the deadline, too! I never would have gotten this in if you guys hadn't :)
  • edited May 2011
    Thank you <3 And thanks for extending the deadline, too! I never would have gotten this in if you guys hadn't :)

:> No problem. :D
  • edited May 2011
    They're Pink! (It's an old pic...)
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/In-Pink-173391877
  • edited May 2011
    pheeph wrote: »
    They're Pink! (It's an old pic...)
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/In-Pink-173391877
    I remember this one! Classic, pheeph. I can always count on you for a smile :)

Well, I haven't posted in a while so here's something to look at

noir_finals_exam_sam_by_gohaku2-d3gi8yd.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    I'm just starting out with Sam and Max Art as well as sketching on Painttool SAI, so I am NOT expecting praise. But doesn't hurt to share and get some critisism, right? RIGHT!! Let the slaughter begin!

paying_their_respects_by_taon_the_chosen-d3glo6b.jpg

Sloppily colored, but I was just happy I got Sam semi-right. ^^;
  • edited May 2011
    Not bad for a first attempt! What's the story behind the pic? What they looking at?
  • edited May 2011
    Not bad for a first attempt! What's the story behind the pic? What they looking at?

Nothing, really. I had drawn a picture in my sketch book before of little Sam holding his hat, but it was just a random thing that lead to this. Nos tory, just felt like drawing them sad.

I'm so mean. xD
  • edited May 2011
    It kind of reminds me of a courtroom sketch. You might want to experiment with that. ;)

The blue under Sam's eyes makes him look extra sad, which I think you said you intended, but you need some kind of reason for it, as it's out of character for Sam to be sad with Max on top of him. (And out of character for Max to be sad ever without also being panicked.)
  • edited May 2011
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    It kind of reminds me of a courtroom sketch. You might want to experiment with that. ;)

The blue under Sam's eyes makes him look extra sad, which I think you said you intended, but you need some kind of reason for it, as it's out of character for Sam to be sad with Max on top of him. (And out of character for Max to be sad ever without also being panicked.)

I know it's very out of character, s'why I did it. I know nothing I could think of would ever be a likely enough reason for them to be sad, but any practice is good practice for me. ^^

I have a bad habit of making them out of character, but I intend to do more in character art.
  • edited May 2011
    NerdyAri wrote: »
    I'm just starting out with Sam and Max Art as well as sketching on Painttool SAI, so I am NOT expecting praise. But doesn't hurt to share and get some critisism, right? RIGHT!! Let the slaughter begin!

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/137/2/4/paying_their_respects_by_taon_the_chosen-d3glo6b.jpg

Sloppily colored, but I was just happy I got Sam semi-right. ^^;

That's a good first post :D
  • edited May 2011
    sad.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    sad.jpg

Great! Now I'm depressed!
  • edited May 2011
    sad.jpg

I REMEMBER THIS EPISODE LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY.

Never noticed that before, :)
  • edited May 2011
    Harry Moleman tell them they have to die first to get a token, and they just... siiiiiigh.
  • edited May 2011
    Harry Moleman tell them they have to die first to get a token, and they just... siiiiiigh.

It's okay, they'll be dead soon enough.
  • edited May 2011
    http://thesunnyguy.deviantart.com/art/Tablet-Sketchdump-209445872

It has Sam and Max in the corner, so I guess it counts?
  • edited May 2011
    It does count!! Hahaha!

BANANG.

banang.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    OH GOD BANANG. Weirdest yet most amazing inside joke within a game ever.

In any case here's something dumb I drew with my tablet.

disneymax.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    speaking of Banang...
    http://pheeph.deviantart.com/art/Sam-Max-and-Daisy-176971650

EDIT:
    here's something that's new...
    really_clean_window_by_pheeph-d3gtw1e.png
  • edited May 2011
    a8ihc.jpg

33vcikz.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    Creepy Max

Creepy Sam

:eek:

I think I need to go change my pants now.
  • edited May 2011
    I hope you'll glad this one :D

samemaxmemories1280x888.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • edited May 2011
    33wlee8.jpg
  • edited May 2011
    what the christ
  • edited May 2011
    A work in progress for the DeviantArt Sam & Max contest:

zwei__drei__bier___preview_by_klatuu_vii-d3h457t.jpg

Based on the music of "Jurgen's Lair Suite". I thought the music had a bouncy Octoberfest-style sound to it. (Sort of, anyway), but I wanted to keep the monster theme.

It's still a work in progress. I don't have a lot of experience inking or coloring, but hopefully I can do some more work on it before the contest deadline.
  • edited May 2011
    Klatuu wrote: »
    A work in progress for the DeviantArt Sam & Max contest:

zwei__drei__bier___preview_by_klatuu_vii-d3h457t.jpg

Based on the music of "Jurgen's Lair Suite". I thought the music had a bouncy Octoberfest-style sound to it. (Sort of, anyway), but I wanted to keep the monster theme.

It's still a work in progress. I don't have a lot of experience inking or coloring, but hopefully I can do some more work on it before the contest deadline.

Hey, this looks really sharp! :D Gotta love the detail that's in this picture. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, one more thing-

The contest deadline is in three days!

For anyone who was curious, the deadline date we have fixed is May 27th. This date is what we have so far.

If anyone has any opinions or would like the contest deadline extended, please let me know.

Thank you!
  • edited May 2011
    >Insert Bosco Mockery Here<

You dangerous mute lunatic >:O
  • edited May 2011
    ric-82 wrote: »
    I hope you'll glad this one :D

samemaxmemories1280x888.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry to quote myself, but I'd like to share with you the sketch panels of the picture above ;)

rawlfsam.jpg

animalsam.jpg

smkermit.jpg

I hope you like it, and more of that I hope my english were good enough to make you laugh, 'cause I'm not motherlanguage (but then again, I'm not a cartoonist either, so have mercy) :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry to quote myself, but I'd like to share with you the sketch panels of the picture above ;)

rawlfsam.jpg

animalsam.jpg

smkermit.jpg

I hope you like it, and more of that I hope my english were good enough to make you laugh, 'cause I'm not motherlanguage (but then again, I'm not a cartoonist either, so have mercy) :rolleyes:

Haha, this looks great! :D I love your inking skills and the combination of pencil and pen looks fabulous! :D
  • edited May 2011
    Thank you!

To be honest, I've adjusted some brightness and contrast parameters when I scanned the drawings, so my inking skills are overrated :D

Speaking of which, what do you think of the full coloured image? I used an open source software to do the job (GIMP v2.0). Do you think the text and the punchline in the ballons are understandable? You know, they don't teach that sort of language at school :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2011
    Oh, one more thing-

The contest deadline is in three days!

For anyone who was curious, the deadline date we have fixed is May 27th. This date is what we have so far.

If anyone has any opinions or would like the contest deadline extended, please let me know.

Thank you!

God damn it, between work, driving lessons, and awesome games I haven't even started on that new idea I got that really wanted to at least try =X

@(almost) everyone I haven't commented on since the last time I posted here: You guys are still awesome :D

Also, how in the ****ing hell do I get pen pressure to work on this damn thing (PS)? I did what supposedly needs to be done but nothing happens =/
  • edited May 2011

rawlfsam.jpg

animalsam.jpg

smkermit.jpg

I like muppets. (Wait, what am I doing outside of general chat? Silly pants.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.