Audition: Who can imitate Sams voice?

edited October 2009 in Sam & Max
I am looking for someone who can imitate Sams voice, the difficultiest voice on earth I think. If you can copy Sam, please send a link to your test-recording via PM.

Say anything you want, like:
»You crack me up little body.«
»Sam and Max, Freelance Police.«
»You are under arrest. No, seriously, you are under arrest.«

Anything, just show me your best Sam-Talent!
It’s for a small flash-movie, a funny one. Sam will be in it. :)

Thank you very very much!
- Majus

Comments

• edited October 2009
    I sent mines.
  • edited October 2009
    Whoa! The Mighty Pirate Majus takes on Sam&Max! :D
    I have no VO talent, but I'm waiting for the results!
  • edited October 2009
    Which Sam? The voices are pretty different. I'm female so I don't really have a chance of mimicking any of them, I'm just curious.
  • edited October 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Which Sam? The voices are pretty different. I'm female so I don't really have a chance of mimicking any of them, I'm just curious.

It could be any Sam, the Telltale-, TV-Show- or Hit-The-Road-one. As long as the viewer doesn’t say »That voice doesn’t fit to that character.«. You would say that if you hear me trying. I’m far far away from any Sam. :)
    Whoa! The Mighty Pirate Majus takes on Sam&Max! :D
    Not exactly. :)
  • edited October 2009
    I just can't. I mean, I can do a pretty good imitation of his way of talk, but never with his pitch. I'm female if you ask.

Uhhh.... let me guess. "Guybrush Threepwood, you're under arrest! No, really, you're under arrest" =P
  • edited October 2009
    Aw, man, I'd make an awesome Sam, personality-wise. But I could never do the voice, considering I'm a female (gosh, there are a lot of girls in here today). I mean, I've tried, but my voice is like, so high-pitched, it's not even funny.
  • edited October 2009
    merry wrote: »
    Norton 360 V3.0 $11.36
    Norton Internet Security $10.55
    Norton Antivirus $10.55
    Kaspersky Internet Security $11.36
    Kaspersky Antivirus$10.55
    Your face when you realize how many security systems you have: Priceless

Fixed. :)
  • edited October 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Fixed. :)

The original quote was way too random, but the fixed one was also priceless!!!

lmao!
  • edited October 2009
    Majus, any idea who's playing Max yet? Well, I mean, if Max is in it. I'm curious. :D
  • edited October 2009
    I'm GREAT at Sam, but i wish i could find my video camera...I COULD'VE BEEN FAMOUS!!(Apperently) :(
  • edited October 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    Majus, any idea who's playing Max yet? Well, I mean, if Max is in it. I'm curious. :D
    There is a Max. But it’s only a short appearance.
    I'm GREAT at Sam, but i wish i could find my video camera...I COULD'VE BEEN FAMOUS!!(Apperently) :(
    Look again for your camera, or better, your microphone. I wanna hear it! :)
  • edited October 2009
    Majus, have you thought about taking a sound bite from a random Sam & Max episode? I'm sure with their permission it would be fine with Telltale. Although if you want him to say something specific I guess you will need to find somebody who sounds like him. Just a thought.
  • edited October 2009
    Yeah, it is in fact a specific line he has to speak. I even tried contacting one of the originals, but it’s impossible finding them.
    Nevertheless, there are a few good people here who sent me a demo already. :)
  • edited October 2009
    merry wrote: »
    Norton 360 V3.0 $11.36
    Norton Internet Security $10.55
    Norton Antivirus $10.55
    Kaspersky Internet Security $11.36
    Kaspersky Antivirus$10.55
    When you absolutely own these stupid spam bots - Priceless

I hate these things
  • edited October 2009
    Majus wrote: »
    Yeah, it is in fact a specific line he has to speak. I even tried contacting one of the originals, but it’s impossible finding them.
    Nevertheless, there are a few good people here who sent me a demo already. :)

Well that's good news :)
  • edited October 2009

Which one did you try to contact... one of the originals from Sam and Max Hit the Road, or one of the originals from the cartoon series?

Because, believe it or not, I have found the e-mail addresses of both of the actors from Hit the Road!
  • edited October 2009
    Not exactly. :)

Ah. OK. Hmmmm. Still curious :)
  • edited October 2009
    Just saw your newest "I Wonder What Happens In ToMI" (Awsome!!), and i saw a brief cameo done by Sam and Max......was that the thing you were talking about?
  • edited October 2009
    Just saw your newest "I Wonder What Happens In ToMI" (Awsome!!), and i saw a brief cameo done by Sam and Max......was that the thing you were talking about?

Yeah, that was the part.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.