"Monkeyisland104.exe has stopped working"

2»

Comments

• Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited May 2010
    sherah137 wrote: »
    Hi. When I try to run SOMI:SE I get the white rectangle and then the "stopped working" message. Running Windows Vista with DirectX 11 on GeForge 8800 GTS 512MB. Display is my LCD HDTV (VGA connection) television running at 1920x1080 32-bit color. Tried some smaller resolutions. Tried compatibility mode for XP SP2 as well as "disable visual themes" "disable desktop composition" and "disable display scaling on high DPI settings". No love. Turned off all the Norton Internet Security protections too. Oh and I have all the latest from Microsoft Update.

I see in the forum a couple people got it working in windowed mode by downloading a prefs file but I haven't gotten into the game so I don't have a "My Documents/Telltale Games/<Name of game>" folder to put it in.

Please help and thanks! Attached dxdiag output.
    You might want to start another thread, as this one is about Tales of Monkey Island (and its fourth episode, to be precise) and some people who might be able to help you with Secret of Monkey Island: SE might not read this thread.
  • edited May 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    You might want to start another thread, as this one is about Tales of Monkey Island (and its fourth episode, to be precise) and some people who might be able to help you with Secret of Monkey Island: SE might not read this thread.

Good idea. Moved to http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=299595#post299595
This discussion has been closed.