Happy 20th Anniversary, Wallace and Gromit!

nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
edited November 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
After 20 years of comic mishap, Aardman Animations and Telltale are celebrating the anniversary of Wallace and Gromit! Read our blog to see all the details about-

A FREE episode of Muzzled!
A $20 sale on the game from our site
All 4 episodes of Grand Adventures on XBLA + theme and picture pack
and DVD Pre-Order, with lots of included goodies.

In addition, we're pairing up with Child's Play and the S&G CHildren's Foundation and donating one pound (about $1.60 USD) to one of these charities with every Grand Adventures purchase!

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-527

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I already have Muzzled, any chance I could get my lone missing ep, FOTB, instead?
  • edited November 2009
    Woot, maybe I can get my friends to buy it now.
  • edited November 2009
    Good choice with Muzzled! for the free ep. Personally that was my favorite and the one I thought was most polished. Last Resort was a close second, though, but that might be a bit hard for new timers and it relied a little more on you knowing the pre-established characters.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2009
    I already have Muzzled, any chance I could get my lone missing ep, FOTB, instead?

Yeah, for $8.95 :)
  • edited November 2009
    David E wrote: »
    Yeah, for $8.95 :)

Mean.
    edited November 2009
    Mean.

Web guys gotta eat, too. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Web guys gotta eat, too. :)

Everyone else gets a free ep, but not me? :(
    edited November 2009
    Everyone else gets a free ep, but not me? :(

Well, you did get five free episodes of Sam & Max on Xbox Live a few weeks back, there. I'm not really sure why you're bummin' :(
  • edited November 2009
    Good memory, plus everything on the PC I got for free too. But I was really looking forward to playing it when I saw "FREE EPISODE" and I thought it would be good for any TT W+G episode.

Also: Any Giveaways on Tweetspace tommorow for XBLA version of complete Season via trivia?
    edited November 2009
    Sorry man, just teasing :)

No worries, we'll be doing some more giveaways soon.
  • edited November 2009
    Sorry man, just teasing :)

No worries, we'll be doing some more giveaways soon.

Now I'm extremely excited. Curse you, Telltale, for making such quality products!
  • edited November 2009
    Anyone else notice that when you get the $20 season "Upgrade Disc" that it doesn't let you download any episodes other than the free one? I was hoping to start on the first episode tonight and was a bit disappointed when I found out I needed to wait for the disc.
  • edited November 2009
    Kyberesh wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that when you get the $20 season "Upgrade Disc" that it doesn't let you download any episodes other than the free one? I was hoping to start on the first episode tonight and was a bit disappointed when I found out I needed to wait for the disc.

That sounds like a glitch, I'd recommend posting on the support forums or contacting support@telltalegames.com with your issue.
  • edited November 2009
    I'd love to preorder the disc... but might wait until Sam & Max S3 is officially up for preorder, got a 50% off voucher to use for that :)
  • edited November 2009
    The main page says "Free Episode".

I already have all 4 episodes.

Does that mean it's possible that I can get some sort of super secret fifth episode?
  • edited November 2009
    Hey Telltale guys, you should have given a free episode coupon for those who already purchased the whole season, just like you did on International Talk Like A Pirate Day for those who had already purchased ToMI!
  • edited November 2009
    http://www.google.co.uk/ has a nice logo put up for this special occasion. :)
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks for the free episode Telltale. Have played it briefly and it's REALLY good. :D
  • edited November 2009
    Is it just me or does the Wallace holding the ice cream picure on the homepage look... kinda... wrong..
  • edited November 2009
    Thank you, Telltale. Only two episodes to go : )
  • edited November 2009
    Damn... & here I was hoping that it would be Flight of the Bumblebees... I already have it on my 360.... but I would much rather have it on my PC so that I would have the complete set conveniently in one place.
  • edited November 2009
    well now that i have this, i'm only 1 episode away from having the full season for free :D
  • edited November 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    I'd love to preorder the disc... but might wait until Sam & Max S3 is officially up for preorder, got a 50% off voucher to use for that :)

I'm hoping Sam & Max S3 is put up for pre-order before the year ends (since that's when that voucher expires).
  • edited November 2009
    I'm hoping Sam & Max S3 is put up for pre-order before the year ends (since that's when that voucher expires).

it expires?? :( i hope they hurry and put it up for preorder!
  • edited November 2009
    This. Is. Amazing. :D

I'm downloading Wallace and Gromit as we speak. :3
  • edited November 2009
    This. Is. Amazing. :D

I'm downloading Wallace and Gromit as we speak. :3

dito.

Yeah, have been looking forward to trying this game out. I love W&G. Thank you Telltale once again for a very smart move in your business and for making us very happy customers as a result. ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Just beat Muzzled, courtesy the free download. Loads of fun, great episode guys! Buying the season at the discounted price once payday rolls in... heh heh.
  • edited November 2009
    I've also been thrown into a loop by this sale and my coupon. I could use it on this, but it just gives you the regular coupon price, for a total sale of ~$3. I don't really feel confident that Telltale will release a new season while everyone has these coupons floating about, though, so it seems like it's better than nothing. :(

Too bad the only one of my friends that likes Adventure games doesn't have a computer that can handle these or I could gift it and it would be much easier.
  • edited November 2009
    I've also been thrown into a loop by this sale and my coupon. I could use it on this, but it just gives you the regular coupon price, for a total sale of ~$3. I don't really feel confident that Telltale will release a new season while everyone has these coupons floating about, though, so it seems like it's better than nothing. :(

Too bad the only one of my friends that likes Adventure games doesn't have a computer that can handle these or I could gift it and it would be much easier.

well if they dont, i'll probably just get csi or bone...i dunno
  • edited November 2009
    Bought the three XBLA eps today! Just doing the weapon in The Last Resort at the moment. It's a shame the "special announcement" of a free Muzzled isnt really much use to Xbox players, but its great to have all the eps on Xbox at last anyway - thats special enough!
  • edited November 2009
    shref wrote: »
    well if they dont, i'll probably just get csi or bone...i dunno

I'm pretty sure CSI doesn't and I know for sure that Bone doesn't count for the Season ticket, but if you have the $5 ticket that's probably fine.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm pretty sure CSI doesn't and I know for sure that Bone doesn't count for the Season ticket, but if you have the $5 ticket that's probably fine.

i may just let it go then, these really dont interest me enough to pay full price (sorry telltale..i still love you!) hopefully theyll just announce their next series :)
  • edited November 2009

where did you see that the vouchers expire anyways? i went to the treasure hunting thing and didnt see that anywhere
  • edited November 2009
    Hmm, I really want to take up this offer, but there are some issues:

1) When I select the UK children's charity, the donation doesn't show up in the basket.
    2) When I add the full season to my basket, it claims that it will charge we $35, and continues to do so up to and including the "review your order before we take your money" bit. This only happens if I select the "free" DVD option.
    :confused:
  • edited November 2009
    where did you see that the vouchers expire anyways? i went to the treasure hunting thing and didnt see that anywhere

Telltale's said so in response to a few queries. They've said the same about the Free Game coupon that came with preorders of Tales.
    Aradiel wrote: »
    1) When I select the UK children's charity, the donation doesn't show up in the basket.

As I understand it, Telltale is making the donation for every full season order or something to that effect, so you probably wouldn't see it on the basket. I have no idea about the second one though. :S
  • edited November 2009
    well now that i have this, i'm only 1 episode away from having the full season for free :D

When did the other 2(whitchever 2) come out for free?

Also, the free game is in my games list already, if I don't download it when the 8th comes around, is it still free since I have it in my games account?
  • edited November 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »

Also, the free game is in my games list already, if I don't download it when the 8th comes around, is it still free since I have it in my games account?

Yes.

And, he probably used the two free episode things from TOMI on PC. I did too, and now I'm stuck with 3/4 free eps.
  • edited November 2009
    Gman5852 wrote: »

1 come from preorder of tales. the other is from talk like a pirate day
  • edited November 2009
    As I understand it, Telltale is making the donation for every full season order or something to that effect, so you probably wouldn't see it on the basket. I have no idea about the second one though. :S
    Yes, but if you select Child's Play as the charity it shows up in the basket.
  • edited November 2009
    Aradiel wrote: »
    Yes, but if you select Child's Play as the charity it shows up in the basket.

Hm, then I must have been doing it wrong somehow myself!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.