MI running painfully slow...

edited December 2009 in Game Support
The mouse jumps and it takes time to jump even... the same thing happened sith S+M but I could click the "warp drive" setting and everything was fine. I cant find such a setting in MI (and reducing the quality all the way to 1 even does nothing)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    The mouse jumps and it takes time to jump even... the same thing happened sith S+M but I could click the "warp drive" setting and everything was fine. I cant find such a setting in MI (and reducing the quality all the way to 1 even does nothing)

Any suggestions?
    I thought the warp drive setting wasn't supposed to do anything? At least thats what it says in the wii versions instruction booklet.

Could you post some system specs? Click start, then run, then type in dxdiag, then ok. Save the file and upload it. If you have windows 7 (maybe vista aswell) you can just type dxdiag into the start searchbar.

*edit*
    Were you able to play it fine before?
  • edited December 2009
    Get a computer that isn't 15 years old? There probably isn't a whole lot you can do if you system is very outdated. If it isn't an old system then it could bad grahpics drivers. What's the spec?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited December 2009
    The "warp drive" setting here would be to reduce the graphics level and the resolution settings!

I hope that helps. It did for me... BEFORE my new computer arrived in October!!
  • edited December 2009
    Sure...
    Amd64x2 @ 2.33 ghz runnign Windows 7, 64-bit edition
    4gb Ram
    Radeon X1300 with 256mb Vram
  • jmmjmm
    edited December 2009
    Reduce resolution, your GPU is probably not enough to handle the game at your current resolution.
    Try the lowest resolution on Quality Setting 1. If it runs comfortably, you can try ramping up the quality setting and/or the resolution

Edit:
    And update your drivers.
  • edited December 2009
    After rebooting, updateing, etc, it still takes me a good 5 mnutes to click "start new game" however once the game starts the speed picks up, It's easily playable but I can detect a faint lag in it. However any time I hit escape to bring up the menu I run into the painfull delays again...
  • edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    After rebooting, updateing, etc, it still takes me a good 5 mnutes to click "start new game" however once the game starts the speed picks up, It's easily playable but I can detect a faint lag in it. However any time I hit escape to bring up the menu I run into the painful delays again...

That seems odd. Perhaps I could suggest getting a new graphics card sometime in the future. Even a cheapish £30/$50 or whatever one would probably run it al lright.
This discussion has been closed.