Sam & Max 2010?

edited January 2010 in Sam & Max
They say 2010 will be Sam & Max. Are we sure?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Agent P29 wrote: »
    They say 2010 will be Sam & Max. Are we sure?

uhhhhhh yeah
  • edited December 2009
    Keep in mind though we dont know WHEN in 2010, it might come out with 301 on Newyears eve! (though most of us are expecting it by june/july)
  • edited December 2009
    I expect it in January. Like "BOOM" now.
  • edited December 2009
    I think it would be awesome if they waited till like october, but at the end of 30lastep, there is a url that leads to a download of 401!
  • edited December 2009
    No earlier than february. Or late january. Please. I still don't have the money, dammit....
  • edited December 2009
    I think it would be awesome if they waited till like october, but at the end of 30lastep, there is a url that leads to a download of 401!

I think asking for 401 is a bit much, though I'd love it to end with a secret webpage URL just like ToMI does.
  • edited December 2009
    Ashton wrote: »
    I think asking for 401 is a bit much, though I'd love it to end with a secret webpage URL just like ToMI does.

But you would definately be like 'TAHTS TOTALLY AWESOME' 2 Eps in one day! BAM!
  • edited December 2009
    (though most of us are expecting it by june/july)

not expecting. It's obviously going to be their next January/Febuary project, but I am dearly hoping it will be in the june/july time frame, because of how busy I will be from January-June.

And before you ask I am a die-hard S&M fan, I just want to experience the game with more free time to speculate, worship and replay repeatedly. :D
  • edited December 2009
    But you would definately be like 'TAHTS TOTALLY AWESOME' 2 Eps in one day! BAM!

Or the whole damn series in one day! Or two complete new series (TOMI 2 WOOOO!)! How awesome would that be?
  • edited December 2009
    And my own pony, that could fly! Or a dirigible airship with full crew and my own private quarters, and the rights to fly wherever I please! Or a nice tin of really good sencha!
  • edited December 2009
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Or a dirigible airship with full crew and my own private quarters,

I would mind sharing quarters if I could get a dirigible! :D

Sam and max shoudl have an adventure on a dirigible! Absolutely! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I think the next project after S&M3 will probably be ToMI2. We want it. They want it. LucasArts probably doesn't care at this point...
  • edited December 2009
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I think the next project after S&M3 will probably be ToMI2. We want it. They want it. LucasArts probably doesn't care at this point...

I highly doubt this one. Most likely there will be at least one more season of the another franchise (possibly Strong Bad) between Sam and Max 2010 and ToMI2. Though this may be true only if Sam and Max gets released in early 2010...
  • edited December 2009
    Falanca wrote: »
    I highly doubt this one. Most likely there will be at least one more season of the another franchise (possibly Strong Bad) between Sam and Max 2010 and ToMI2. Though this may be true only if Sam and Max gets released in early 2010...

Personally I think Strongbad is dead, just like bone. However there might be a W+G, or another franchise (with their aquiring of LA's old series, maybe Day of hte Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, or even, dare I say it, Indiana Jones!)
  • edited December 2009
    Personally I think Strongbad is dead, just like bone. However there might be a W+G, or another franchise (with their aquiring of LA's old series, maybe Day of hte Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, or even, dare I say it, Indiana Jones!)

That might be true. Haven't played W+G or Strong Bad.

Also yeah, a new franchise may be the case.
  • edited December 2009
    I don't really think Strong Bad is dead per se, but they would have to tweak the episodic model a bit to make another series of it, methinks. Apparently it really took a toll on Matt Chapman's vocal chords having to do all that dialog. He does voice every character in the game that isn't Marzipan. Also, methinks is apparently a real word since the dictionary didn't catch it as a misspelling. The more you know ...
  • edited December 2009
    Yeah, methinks it's one of those words that wasn't a word until Shakespeare used it. I could see another Strong Bad game eventually, but I don't think the Chaps are up for it just yet.
  • edited December 2009
    I honestly don't think the chapmans want to do another Strongbad game, because of the time it would take away from the site, and I beleive the brothers chap, and somthing about a baby.
  • edited December 2009
    All this talk about SBCG4AP made me think of Homestar's cameo in Season 2, (or the dvd) and gets me hoping for another TTG cameo? Hopefully from MI, SBCG4AP, or maybe Gromit.
  • edited January 2010
    i just want info on the next title. if it's sam n max, then tell us already, if it's another game b4 sNm then, again, tell us already. i'm getting kinda grouchy cos i'm having to wait. and i'm very patient person :)
  • edited January 2010
    Hee Ho Ho wrote: »
    i just want info on the next title. if it's sam n max, then tell us already, if it's another game b4 sNm then, again, tell us already. i'm getting kinda grouchy cos i'm having to wait. and i'm very patient person :)

"Already" :)
  • edited January 2010
    yeah i know, :)

i was expecting part 5 of monkey island to be released in november, i had no idea they were gonna release it in december, that was bad enough, oh well. atleast they're the most distributive game company ever, i mean a chapter a month, and you can play that non-stop for about a day! Imagine that, waste almost one entire day of your life every month. that's good! :p
  • edited January 2010
    I'm hoping the 2010 material is all in one big game instead of episodes. I really like the feel of sitting down to play a big long game instead of several small ones where you only have one particular destination. I dunno why, just liked that aspect of the old game a lot more. And the icon based dialogue i liked more because with the opening ? ! and (weird) icons you didn't know what you were getting. Some of the biggest laughs from the first game came from the element of surprise.

Wow... I'm a dork.
  • edited January 2010
    kzbeans wrote: »
    I'm hoping the 2010 material is all in one big game instead of episodes.

Wait till the season's over and downlod it all at once and play it all at once. That's what I tend to do... though I do wait a few days between epps sometimes...
  • edited January 2010
    Wait till the season's over and downlod it all at once and play it all at once. That's what I tend to do... though I do wait a few days between epps sometimes...

You still don't get the whole "world map exploration" part of the game.

Unless they could tie all 5 episodes together with a single world map, where locations from each game were gradually revealed as map markers, and you could travel back to previous episode locations even if there was nothing new.

No, you're right, I can see the continuity problems already. Ho hum...
  • edited January 2010
    I'm expecting a summer or fall release.
  • edited January 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    I'm expecting a summer or fall release.

I doubt it. Don't forget that Telltale has been releasing two games per year recently, so I don't see why some people think that it will take another half-year to make it, not to mention the fact that it says sam and max 2010, which means all five episodes will be released this year, which makes it impossible for a fall release. I personally think that it will be released in either february or march.
  • edited January 2010
    joseppey wrote: »
    I doubt it. Don't forget that Telltale has been releasing two games per year recently, so I don't see why some people think that it will take another half-year to make it, not to mention the fact that it says sam and max 2010, which means all five episodes will be released this year, which makes it impossible for a fall release. I personally think that it will be released in either february or march.

Dont forget Will said they'd be done in time for a "full Season 3 sale" on Steam! so the latest Ep5 will be released is Dec.
  • edited January 2010
    Dont forget Will said they'd be done in time for a "full Season 3 sale" on Steam! so the latest Ep5 will be released is Dec.

That's what i meant. when i said that a fall release wasn't possible, i just meant the first couple episodes. (A fall release for later episodes is very possible though.)
  • edited January 2010
    joseppey wrote: »

I like to keep my expectations low, that way if it really does come out late, I won;t be upset, & all the happier if it comes out earlier. Plus, bugfixes in more graphic-intence games has made me accustomed to delays.
  • edited January 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    I like to keep my expectations low, that way if it really does come out late, I won;t be upset, & all the happier if it comes out earlier. Plus, bugfixes in more graphic-intence games has made me accustomed to delays.

Be careful with that. I nearly got lynched when I insisted TTG had given up on S+M... *whispers* I think these guys are just as insane as max is! :eek:

;)
  • edited January 2010
    I wonder when I can place a pre-order on S&M 2010... wanna finally a custom DVD cover instead of "just" the standard ones (though they rule, too).
  • edited January 2010
    Be careful with that. I nearly got lynched when I insisted TTG had given up on S+M... *whispers* I think these guys are just as insane as max is! :eek:

;)

I'm one of those crazy people who has money riding that Duke Nukem Forever will still be made. That's how patient I can be.
  • edited January 2010
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    I think the next project after S&M3 will probably be Sbcg4ap2. Gman wants it. We all want it. LucasArts probably doesn't care at this point...because they have nothing to do with strong bad, since the TBC (the TBC= the the brother chaps:)) made it
    fixed:D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.