what month do you think s&m s3 ep1 will be released?

edited January 2010 in Sam & Max
I bet march, because TT will probably want to fit 2 series in this year but if it was released earlier, then tt should have given us more information by now.

Comments

• edited January 2010
    20th of May.
  • edited January 2010
    20th of May.

I give it around march or april honestly..I hope we can get pre orders soon though.
  • edited January 2010
    I saw August. S3 will be competed in time for xmas sale on steam, so e5 will be in december, e4 in november, e3in octover e2 in septenber e1 in august
  • edited January 2010
    *Puts wild speculation hat on*
    *Adjusts hat*

I'm guessing April.. Apparently Lucasarts have a big announcement coming in April.. I'm hoping that's Sam & Max:Hit the Road SE and then we get season 3 to coincide.. wishful thinking? Perhaps but a fan can always hope..
  • edited January 2010
    I say it comes out on Easter & has lots of easter eggs :p
  • edited January 2010
    I say february because Telltale will get lots of angry emails otherwise!
  • edited January 2010
    I said April, just a guess... March, April, May all sound plausible to me. Of course I have no clue how far the game is so I'm not holding my breath, maybe it will be released later than that.
  • edited January 2010
    I really want to say March 3rd to coincide with Sam's birthday but it also references to the date the Freelance Police was canceled by LucasArts. So I'll just stick with March in general.
  • edited January 2010
    Voted "March". It makes sense with the announcement of 2010. I doubt they sit 6 more months on it after that...
  • edited January 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    I saw August. S3 will be competed in time for xmas sale on steam, so e5 will be in december, e4 in november, e3in octover e2 in septenber e1 in august

Except I don't think a game that had JUST came out (i.e. the full season collection) would instantly go into a sale. It's not exactly good business practice. You're also assuming it'll be 5 episodes (unless that's been confirmed?)

Anyway, I said May. Just a random guess, as good as any really except January, since it's a bit obvious it's not coming right now.
  • edited January 2010
    I want it to be June, so then I won't have my exams interfering with my gaming experience, but it'll probably be March.
  • edited January 2010
    march is my vote. looks like we're winning - TellTale ppl, I hope you're watching this thread ;)
  • edited January 2010
    march is my vote. looks like we're winning - TellTale ppl, I hope you're watching this thread ;)

Yes, TTG, I hope you're reading this and then have it come out in February so we can all be winners. But mostly me since I guessed February.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2010
    Fail: You should have used prismatology calendar months

margicial.png

Though, febulus would be awesome
  • edited January 2010
    Yes, febulous, because it'd be fabulous~~
  • edited January 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Except I don't think a game that had JUST came out (i.e. the full season collection) would instantly go into a sale. It's not exactly good business practice. You're also assuming it'll be 5 episodes (unless that's been confirmed?)

It's just a random joke from a thread I don't remember.

I put March, because I'm working now, so, I'll have time in march
  • edited January 2010
    I hope as soon as possible .. :) but i voted february
  • edited January 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Yes, TTG, I hope you're reading this and then have it come out in February so we can all be winners. But mostly me since I guessed February.

Well... You know what? If it does come out in February, I'll be even glad to hand over the win to you ;)
  • edited January 2010
    I was expecting February. Maybe march, I'd be ok with that too.

At the moment, I'm fine with waiting a bit, but I'd like to pre-order soon. I've even got $50 set aside already lol.
  • edited January 2010
    April, it's far away enough to give S&M fans (us) nervous breakdowns. :p
  • edited January 2010
    All we have to go off is a few shreds of concept art and a mysterious voice hinting at some fairly large overhauls in the gameplay mechanics, so I would expect it to be quite some time away. It's pointless to speculate beyond 'a good long while" however until TellTale gives us a bit more info, particularly on the technology side.
    *rocks backwards and forwards in chair fantasizing over new possibilities*
    MAYBE EVEN A NEW ENGINE! (then again, maybe not)
  • edited January 2010
    Well... You know what? If it does come out in February, I'll be even glad to hand over the win to you ;)

And I'll be happy to accept it, unless of course it's four cheese lasagna, in which case you can keep it.

Actually, I wonder what the Telltales are up to? They were working on S&M 3 early last year before ToMI took over, and I'm sure they kept some kind of crew working on it in the background. I wonder what they're planning?
  • edited January 2010
    PAX East is happening pretty soon, at the end of March. I think Telltale is going to be there, and it would be a perfect opportunity for them to announce their next series. Looking at how they announced Monkey Island, I'd guess they'll announce it one month before the actual release, putting the start of Sam & Max in April. If they don't announce Sam & Max 2010 at PAX, I'd guess they will do so earlier. After all, they would probably want something new to show off over there.

All this is pure speculation of course. Whatever happens, I don't think we have that long of a wait ahead of us.
  • edited January 2010
    That's actually a good point. It'd be kind of cool to announce more about Sam and Max at PAX East since the duo are supposed to live on the east coast. Not that I'm saying Boston is right next door to New York or something, but, you know, they are closer than New York and San Rafael.
  • edited January 2010
    And I'll be happy to accept it, unless of course it's four cheese lasagna, in which case you can keep it.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's Banang ;)
    Actually, I wonder what the Telltales are up to? They were working on S&M 3 early last year before ToMI took over, and I'm sure they kept some kind of crew working on it in the background. I wonder what they're planning?

Is that a fact? I mean, didn't they move right onto Tales when the Wallace & Gromit season was shaping up?
    Also, Jake made a comment that made me think that Chuck was already heavily engaged in preparing S&M when Tales was announced. There were some comments about Jared working on the music, too. So theoretically, the season's been in the making for more than half a year, which means they may start releasing episodes any moment now. Wow! :D
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    PAX East is happening (...)

Me likes idea! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Doesn't Telltale realize how badly I want to give them my money?
  • edited January 2010
    I was thinking January. Why? :confused: That makes no sense now.
    March is a better bet, though. . . .
  • edited January 2010
    march i bet it is march 16th i cant wait for it
  • edited January 2010
    I had a dream that it didn't come out until August. Take what you will from that. Could be a Max-induced psychic vision, could just be..could just be me. I dunno. We'll see. :)
  • edited January 2010
    December 31st!
  • edited January 2010
    Another opportunity for Telltale to officially announce Sam & Max: Microsoft's X10-event that they will be holding in San Francisco (also known as the home of Telltale) next month (link:http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26950/Microsoft_Resurrects_X_Press_Expo_With_X10_Next_Month.php).
    Of course, that would mean that Sam & Max will be on Xbox, but that's not impossible. Strong Bad was on WiiWare, Wallace on Xbox Live, Monkey Island on WiiWare again, so maybe it's time to go back to the Xbox this time? If my 'they'll announce it one month before release'-theory is true, this will put the release of season 3 in March. Of course, I think the chances that they'll announce/show it at Pax East are a bit higher, but I enjoy thinking way too much about stuff like this.
  • edited January 2010
    I have another theory: They will release it when they finish the Web Page Revamp which I hope will be around march!
  • edited January 2010
    Nice find! Sounds like Telltale has some big plans for the site.

I thought this part was pretty interesting:
    You can integrate with various systems outside of the website, including an achievements system (game/web integration), DRM, PSN, WiiWare and XBLA.

Achievements in the pc versions of the games? Awesome!
  • edited January 2010
    So, any idea when you'll start taking pre-orders, Telltale?
  • edited January 2010
    Okay, my last theory, and then I'll stop: Like someone in another topic mentioned, Telltale will be at the Macworld Expo on february 11th. No doubt to announce that some of their older titles will be compatible with Mac, but perhaps also to show off Sam & Max? That would put the release in March, yadda yadda yadda. I'll stop now.
  • edited January 2010
    April 1st.

(voted & hoping for Feb. though)
  • edited January 2010
    june, i guess.... hey telltalers, I WANNA PREORDER!!!!!! NOW!!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.