Sam & Macs Popularity

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
I of course knew before I voted that Sam & Max would be the winner, but I didn't know how close SBCG4AP is. It's only 20% behind, which is surprising because there is little activity goin on in that forum.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Sam & Macs Popularity

I see what you did there.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    the Home Starmy is being rallied on the homestarrunner.com homepage :)
  • edited February 2010
    When I first saw the title, the first thing I thought was "who the hell are Sam and Mac? Wait...Ooooh...I get it!" :p

Oh wow. SBG4AP is catching up FAST. When I voted it was down by about 20-30%. Come on comrades! Boost dog and rabbit to glory!
  • edited February 2010
    Come on Sam and Max fans! We can do this! I have both SBCG4AP and Sam and Max S1 on my Wii, and I must say, I really would rather play Sam and Max on the computer! No offence to Telltale or anything, you did the best you could on the platform. But the Mac version sounds more appealing.
  • edited February 2010
    Besides, with the upcoming release of Season 3 of Sam and Max, it would be far more fitting to have a MAC update of the first two series.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Well friends -- get out the vote!

If your franchise needs support to pull ahead, reach out :)
  • edited February 2010
    really, I can get you on both seasons for max in less than 30 seconds. there is a tip for making them work which does not work, but a modified version gets it to. besides, if Sam and Max is ported to a mac I have no further use of Crossover
  • edited February 2010
    Whoa! In any moment Strong Bad will actually to start kicking ass and names!

I was deducing that when I saw how Strong Bad escalated and so fast. The fanbase of Strong Bad is somewhere else and they are attacking now for some reason (where are they for the Halloween contest I wonder? oh well...)
  • edited February 2010
    Yikes, they're actually overtaking us! This is suddenly a lot more interesting.
  • edited February 2010
    ohohohoho... devilish laugh...
  • edited February 2010
    Man I hate Zam and Macs, they've always been poor imitations of the real thing.
  • edited February 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Whoa! In any moment Strong Bad will actually to start kicking ass and names!

I was deducing that when I saw how Strong Bad escalated and so fast. The fanbase of Strong Bad is somewhere else and they are attacking now for some reason (where are they for the Halloween contest I wonder? oh well...)
    There's a message about it on the Homestar Runner home page. I guess that's where all the Strong Bad voters are coming from.

That or Strong Bad got Bubs to fix it so that he could vote as many times as he wanted, but since they're not real, I prefer the first explanation.
  • edited February 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    There's a message about it on the Homestar Runner home page. I guess that's where all the Strong Bad voters are coming from.

That or Strong Bad got Bubs to fix it so that he could vote as many times as he wanted, but since they're not real, I prefer the first explanation.

That explain everything!

Both explanations.
  • edited February 2010
    neck and neck!
  • edited February 2010
    my condolences to the 6% of you who voted for wallace and gromit (its not going to happen)(yet)
  • edited February 2010
    my condolences to the 6% of you who voted for wallace and gromit (its not going to happen)(yet)

I hold the theory that somebody of Aardman put the link in their site and then the wars will begin.

But, who knows if that is going to happen...
  • edited February 2010
  • edited February 2010
    They're currently fully tied. Holy crap.
  • edited February 2010
    we on HRWiki planned the attack, thanks to one who noticed
  • edited February 2010
    Oooo the tension is at a boiling point! *runs off to rally more friends*

I must admit though, I feel kinda sorry for the Wallace and Gromit fans. I'm a fan of the series but not as much as I am with Sam and Max. Sorry Gromit ol' pal!

Would be quite hilarious though if suddenly, at the very last minute, they take the lead and win.
  • edited February 2010
    The problem for us S&M fans is that Sam and Max only really have one website.... and you're looking at it. Strong Bad has the Homestarrunner web site, which gets tons of hits each day. I think SBCG4AP may have an unfair advantage.
  • edited February 2010
    Well, the upside to them using their heavy artillery is that they've now used it. Every Homestarrunner fan out there has seen that ad, so no new trick they can pull can top that. The die is cast. Of course the bad side is that we only have light to medium artillery. The Wiki and the deviantart group have put up notices, but there's not much else. Maybe Mojo will sympathize with us.
    I must admit though, I feel kinda sorry for the Wallace and Gromit fans. I'm a fan of the series but not as much as I am with Sam and Max. Sorry Gromit ol' pal!

Would be quite hilarious though if suddenly, at the very last minute, they take the lead and win.
    Maybe we should make a pact with the W&G fans: they vote for S&M now, and in exchange we vote for W&G when the next poll is between that and SBCG4AP...
  • edited February 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Maybe we should make a pact with the W&G fans: they vote for S&M now, and in exchange we vote for W&G when the next poll is between that and SBCG4AP...

I will vote for W&G before SBCG4AP everyday. For some reason, I can't like that game...
  • edited February 2010
    W&G is my second choice, too. But since I don't have a Mac I had to admit I don't care that much which is available first. They all will be in the end, after all.
  • edited February 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    They all will be in the end, after all.

Hey, we're trying to make a big deal out of this, do you mind? :D
  • edited February 2010
    natlinxz wrote: »
    The problem for us S&M fans is that Sam and Max only really have one website.... and you're looking at it. Strong Bad has the Homestarrunner web site, which gets tons of hits each day. I think SBCG4AP may have an unfair advantage.

It does. I couldn't really argue with the little vote thing on the menu page, clearly telling me not to vote for S&M, even though I'm a fan of both series. But since someone mentioned that S&M actually does work on Mac & SBCG4AP doesn't, I voted Strong Bad.
  • edited February 2010
    I don't think it runs natively on Mac, though, and not everybody's good enough at computers or inclined enough to make it work.
  • edited February 2010
    I have a feeling that SBCG4AP will win, but that's just a hunch
  • edited February 2010
    Well, I feel guilty.

I though voting for W&G wouldn't matter about Sam and Max's chances, because at the time Strong Bad was only on 20%. Now I feel guilty.

Still, I guess my one small vote for S&M wouldn't have mattered, seems like everybody's voting now.
  • edited February 2010
    My friends, we must set aside our differences and crush SBCG4AP and their superior numbers: A) by cheating
    B) by having hope
    C) by setting up blogs about sam and max with a link to telltale games
    D) by putting a virus on the homestarruner website
  • edited February 2010
    i think most people must have voted by now, and the best way sam & max can win is if everyone makes a second user. but CHEATERS NEVER WIN! Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaa! SBCG4AP FTW
  • edited February 2010
    SBCG4AP is ahead by 10% now.
  • edited February 2010
    Everything (yes even W&G!!!) is going up, but S&M keeps going down. :(
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited February 2010
    Everything (yes even W&G!!!) is going up, but S&M keeps going down. :(

Maybe the MacWorld paper votes have now been counted.
  • edited February 2010
    Guess who's doing its part in this "war".

Yes, Max Imp said you HAVE to vote!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2010
    Paper votes have NOT been counted yet. Just FYI
  • edited February 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Paper votes have NOT been counted yet. Just FYI

Off Topic: What's means FYI?
  • edited February 2010
    Off Topic: What's means FYI?

For Your Information.
  • edited February 2010
    Guess who's doing its part in this "war".

Yes, Max Imp said you HAVE to vote!
    I'm not sure that blog has a big enough following outside of these forums to actually make a difference.
  • edited February 2010
    I'm not sure that blog has a big enough following outside of these forums to actually make a difference.

No, but I'm still laughing of what he wrote ^^!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.