Did someone say....

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    If I had any artistic skills, I'd likely go for more of a film noir style. But, well, this is the internet, and this is fanart, so what can ya do.

Otherwise, I dunno. I envision Max as more of a midget than a child. :P
  • edited March 2010
    gah, I really want to see it but my parents wont let me on deviant art
  • edited March 2010
    Remolay wrote: »

It's a frightening picture which describes Sam & Max as human teenagers, I wouldn't recommend viewing it... For your own safety.
  • edited March 2010

Okay, that's just weird. It's only a website where people post their art, why wouldn't your parents let you on it? Are you not allowed on the fanart thread in this forum either?
  • edited March 2010
    I tried to keep their body structure while doing the desings, and Max has the structure of a small child, at least for me. He has a button nose, so I keep it, he has those childlike eyes, and I keep them too. The problem is, maybe, those traits are for Rabbits more than for humans, and for match those traits I reduced his age considerably. Anyway, my sister found Max scary for his teeth, so, probably we are also used to.

The only artistic licence I took was Sam's Eyes: Thanks for the resolution you can't notice, but one is blue and the other brown, just for the heck of it. We, somehow, knew about Max's Eyes colors, but not Sam's, and it's not that uncommon for dogs have two different colors, so, whathever.
  • edited March 2010

I didn't want to, but your parents are forcing me:

SnN___I_have_five_Fingers_by_Ginny_N.jpg

By the way, DeviantArt has a good adult filter, and it's for default for guests, so, I don't get it also. But, anyway, in a way, I understand.
  • edited March 2010
    awesome. much better than mine for sure. I'll post it as soon as I can find my coloured pencils. my verson of max is angry at me for making them look like crap and has hair for his bunny ears
  • edited March 2010
    I think it might be either the name, or a previous bad experience of some sort.

And I thought Max looking young was due to the style. Not that it's a problem that he looks like a child, I find it fitting.
  • edited March 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    And I thought Max looking young was due to the style. Not that it's a problem that he looks like a child, I find it fitting.

He reminds more of an overbearing 12 year old than a exetremely spastic 5 year old.
  • edited March 2010

Well... that too.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    That's not terrible at all. It's the other thing. Awesome.
    Cheri wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day where my art was posted (and praised!) on a forum without me posting it. I'm flattered.
    I'm glad. I really like your Sam & Max art.
    The only artistic licence I took was Sam's Eyes: Thanks for the resolution you can't notice, but one is blue and the other brown, just for the heck of it. We, somehow, knew about Max's Eyes colors, but not Sam's, and it's not that uncommon for dogs have two different colors, so, whathever.
    I did that too. Then I found out that it's only common in dogs with speckled coats, not one solid colour like Sam is. I don't care, I still like it.

When is Max's eye colour mentions? I think if he was a human, his eyes would be blue or pink, because he appears to be albino, although there is a breed of rabbit that's white all over without being albino.
  • edited March 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    When is Max's eye colour mentions? I think if he was a human, his eyes would be blue or pink, because he appears to be albino, although there is a breed of rabbit that's white all over without being albino.

I read the mention in the Wiki, so, I don't know where. Anyway, in the Season 2 DVD Cover, his eyes are Red, so, red will be.
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I did that too. Then I found out that it's only common in dogs with speckled coats, not one solid colour like Sam is. I don't care, I still like it.

To be fair, the only dog I knew with two eyes color was a stray one my mom feed on workdays (They come to work she said). She, the dog, has one eye white and the another brown. Later we discover that was actually the white one has Cataract and maybe she was actually blind in that eye. But I loved the idea the first time I hear it and I put them in any character I like and it's seem plausible of doing so (Fantasy races and dogs =P).
  • edited March 2010
    I thought only Huskies had differently-coloured eyes, for some reason.
    Either way, since it happens to humans, why not. Although since Sam has brown fur, I'd give him brown or black eyes, I think. That is, if I ever get down to drawing them as humans.
  • edited March 2010
    I thought only Huskies had differently-coloured eyes, for some reason.

She was that mixed breed which look a lot like a German Sheeper. Here we call it "Cop Breed".
    Either way, since it happens to humans, why not. Although since Sam has brown fur, I'd give him brown or black eyes, I think. That is, if I ever get down to drawing them as humans.

I never knew about anyone or anything which is not normal for them to have black eyes. I guess the safer bet is brown eyes.

Edit: Now I think I know why Max looks so young: I also tried to keep his watermelon head shape!
  • edited March 2010

Edit: Now I think I know why Max looks so young: I also tried to keep his watermelon head shape!

Is it just me, or do characters with over-sized heads tend to appear (at the first impression at least) a bit more "childish" than those with small or normal-sized heads?

Oh, and I got to say that I really like your art GinnyN! ^^
  • edited March 2010
    Is it just me, or do characters with over-sized heads tend to appear (at the first impression at least) a bit more "childish" than those with small or normal-sized heads?

That it because childrens have big, rounded heads with big eyes. But I'm still concerned of why he looks so young... I mean, around 5? but how?
    Oh, and I got to say that I really like your art GinnyN! ^^

Thanks you very much
  • edited March 2010

That's normal. People's heads grow less than the rest of their body, so the head/body ratio is higher the younger you are.
  • edited March 2010
    That it because childrens have big, rounded heads with big eyes. But I'm still concerned of why he looks so young... I mean, around 5? but how?

Thanks you very much

Hmmm.. Maybe by the laws of existence, Max is just adorable, regardless if he's in lagomorphic or human form..?

And you're very welcome ^^
    That's normal. People's heads grow less than the rest of their body, so the head/body ratio is higher the younger you are.

At first I thought it was because of my unhealthy dosage of anime when I younger but now that I think about it, I think observations of both realms combined into my psyche :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.