Interview with David Boyll, voice of Hugh Bliss and Mr. Featherly

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
Oh hey, me again.

Another interview is up on the site, this time with David Boyll, known to most of you as the voice of Hugh Bliss and Mr. Featherly. Find out how David prepares for a recording session, what the worst bit about his job is and whether or not he’s hiding a cow. Probably not. Click!

Also, don't hesitate to comment on the site. I'm sure David would love to hear what you thought of his performances in the games or your responses to some of his answers.

Cheers!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Wow. What a funny and charming guy. Or maybe a chummy and farming guy. It seems so most these voice actors have been crazy enough to be Sam and Max characters. Who knew voice actors could be such a diverse crazy group of people?
  • edited March 2010
    That being said, I think I identify more closely with Featherly/Philo because he embodies the essential duality of the human/chicken thespian existence.

Haha, that'd have made a good line for Featherly.

Good interview, Pinchpenny.
  • edited March 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Another interview is up on the site, this time with David Boyll, known to most of you as the voice of Hugh Bliss and Mr. Featherly.

... and another great interview. Thanks!
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Also, don't hesitate to comment on the site.

I would, if it had no registration requirement. Honestly, I already have more usernames and passwords than teeth :mad:
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks again for the feedback, guys.
    I would, if it had no registration requirement. Honestly, I already have more usernames and passwords than teeth :mad:

Sorry. I had spam bots hitting the comments before the site had even launched. Also, guests would be able to post comments using a registered user's screen name, something I wasn't willing to let happen. Easier just to disable guest commenting for both myself and the users.

But, it's quick to register and the site will remember you and keep logged in.
  • edited March 2010
    Great interview again. It's pretty impressive that you manage to get all of these guys to answer your questions! It's also quite curious how none of the voice actors seem to be doing anything for the third season. Either Telltale is making them lie (like Dominic Armato had to do in a Mixnmojo-interview just weeks before Tales was announced) or season 3 will be almost completely fresh. I wonder what the voices of Sybil and Abe would say - their storyline certainly isn't over yet.

Anyway, like I said, great work. I'll comment on the site in the near future too!
  • edited March 2010
    Sybil and Abe die in car crash, maybe?

Also, it's neat that he actually likes the games!
  • edited March 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    Either Telltale is making them lie (like Dominic Armato had to do in a Mixnmojo-interview just weeks before Tales was announced) or season 3 will be almost completely fresh.

I can't imagine they'd need to lie, just not discuss who/what they've been recording for. Dominic Armato's interview was a bit different since the return of the series hadn't even been announced.
  • edited March 2010
    People, it's obvious. Telltale is going to have Brendan Ferguson and Jared Emerson-Johnson do all the voices this season. Think about it; Ferguson playing Sybil? Comedic. Gold.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    I don't know which characters will and won't be back across the season, but I also know that not every episode has been written yet, not every voice has been recorded, and voice actors aren't told in advance that they'll be returning -- they just get the call when it's time to schedule a session. So all of these "will you be back in season 3???" questions are fueling a lot of speculation which I'm not sure is actually possible to substantiate until everything's said and done. (Plus, as mentioned above, some of these guys probably won't tell you if they're back or not for potential spoiler reasons.)
  • edited March 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    (Plus, as mentioned above, some of these guys probably won't tell you if they're back or not for potential spoiler reasons.)

That and they singned the shut up contract, I'm guessing.

This is my theory, we will know when we know.
  • edited March 2010
    His photo reminds me of the Doctor on the old Star Trek: Voyager series, only with more hair. If he could do the voice....
Sign in to comment in this discussion.