Steve Purcell answers your questions!

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Edit: The questions have been answered here. Thanks!

Howdy!

Let's get straight to the point. Is there a question that you want to ask Steve Purcell, the creator of Sam & Max? No problem, because now you can. Head on over here and leave a comment on the article with what you want answered. If it's good enough, that's just what'll happen. Remember, you need an account on the site to post comments.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Here's my question:

Since Sam & max was originally your brother's idea, has he made any comics as of late? If not, did he make any other comics besides Sam & Max when he was a kid?

[EDIT] I just saw the website link. I would've put my question on there, but you need to sign in & I'm too lazy to do that.
  • edited March 2010
    I can't post a comment. I cant find a box to type in or a link to click on. So ill just put my questions here for now.

1. Do you think it's unfair how Max gets to be president, high priest of the sea chimps, have psychic powers, etc. and all Sam gets is a suit and a massive gun (double entendre not intended)

2. Do you think Season 3 will be as awesome as Season 2? Are you excited or proud of it?

3. Have you ever considered voicing a character in one of the games or did you consider it during the tv season?

4. I heard you work at Pixar, or at least you have worked there once at least. What did you do there?

5. What are you going to use the money from your auction of the Monkey Island print for?

6. Do you like Chinese food? I know a good place...

7. What sort of TV shows are you into?

8. Have you begun to grow tired of Sam & Max? If not, do you think you ever will?

9. What's with the hat? I've seen you wearing it in pictures and videos. Never in person, unfortunately...

10. What's your opinion of other Telltale Games? Do you play them? Things like Strong Bad and Monkey Island and Wallace and Gromit. If you haven't played them, have you played the Sam & Max games, or just helped make them?

And there we go. Done. And if any of you take these questions, I'm gonna hunt you down and... thank you for finding me insightful!
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry... seems the comment rating feature bugged itself and made the comment box vanish. Should all be sorted now. Go forth with your questions (...on the site)!
  • edited March 2010
    Question:

Who do you think you are?
  • edited March 2010
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Question:

Who do you think you are?

I'm batman.
  • edited March 2010
    I'm batman.
    Thumbs up! icon14.gif

I laughed.
  • edited March 2010
    it reminds me of a joke from a radio show

SEAGOON: Who do you think you are!?
    ECCLES: NAPOLEON!
    SEAGOON: You're Napoleon?
    ECCLES: No, but that's who I think I am
  • edited March 2010
    Mine? Favorite character in Sam and Max who's neither a dog or rabbit thing.
  • edited March 2010
    It's the last day to submit your questions, so get them in!
  • edited March 2010
    When will you be interviewing him?
  • edited March 2010
    When will you be interviewing him?

I'm sure I'll let you know when it goes on the site.
  • edited March 2010
    Random request: find out his birthday and how old he is, please?
  • edited March 2010
    S@bre wrote: »
    Random request: find out his birthday and how old he is, please?

Wow, I'm actually surprised that's not on Wikipedia!
  • edited March 2010

(That's why I want it. I can't find it anywhere.)
  • edited March 2010
    I'd really like to know, if he knows of my poster project and what he thinks of it. On the other hand I'm scared that he didn't know about it, looks it up and sues my ass off...
  • edited March 2010
    I would like to know if he ever will work on a game were the ingame graphics will look like his paintings.
  • edited March 2010

Wha-!? Oh no they didn't!
  • edited March 2010
    Pinchpenny, your avatar makes me smile every single time. Plus you appear smart. +11 Points
  • edited March 2010
    I'd really like to know, if he knows of my poster project and what he thinks of it. On the other hand I'm scared that he didn't know about it, looks it up and sues my ass off...

What is this poster project?
  • edited March 2010
    What is this poster project?

I hate single word answers (especially the one I'm gonna give), but this time it IS the perfect thing to do. *Clears throat*

This.
  • edited March 2010
    I hate single word answers (especially the one I'm gonna give), but this time it IS the perfect thing to do. *Clears throat*

This.

Haha that's cool. I've been scanning the artworks in the back of Surfing the Highway and using them as backgrounds on my iPod. Although I have put them into poster format, I really don't want to print them unless its OK to. I mean, I don't want to hurt Steve's feelings or anything...
  • edited March 2010
    Ecscuse me Mr.Purcell will the sam and max season 3 come in the norwegian psn store for ps3
  • edited March 2010
    aerbil wrote: »
    Ecscuse me Mr.Purcell will the sam and max season 3 come in the norwegian psn store for ps3

I'll answer your question for you. Unless it comes out in English in Norway, it will need to be sent over and have new dialogue recorded, which could take several months, so it probably will got to the Norwegian PSN, but not straight away.
  • edited March 2010
    Mr.purcell I meant that it can come in english but can it be in the norwegian ps store
  • edited March 2010
    aerbil wrote: »
    Mr.purcell I meant that it can come in english but can it be in the norwegian ps store

Steve Purcell isn't the one to contact. He does storyline, etc. You'd be better to contact some of the web team or people like that at Telltale.
  • edited March 2010
    How the heck is his last name pronounced anyways?
  • edited March 2010
    How in the flippin whippin giblets do you draw sam's head!? And why won't it let me write in all caps?
  • edited March 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    How the heck is his last name pronounced anyways?
    Easy: Por-ce-lain.
  • edited March 2010
    I would ask... How the heck was Max allowed on an airplane to begin with
    5-roll.gif
  • edited April 2010
    come on, SERIOUSLY? how much longer will this take?
  • edited April 2010
    come on, SERIOUSLY? how much longer will this take?

Sorry, Steve's a busy guy. Working at Pixar or something, apparently.
  • edited April 2010
    yep, pixar. ive looked for him in the credits countless times, but i just cant figure out wtf he does there.
  • edited April 2010
    He's their Awesomeness Expert.
  • edited April 2010
    Steve, I must ask, after Lucasarts canceled their adventure genre and made you leave, and after all these years, do you miss your glory days? And today, more classics are being released from them. Would you like your game to be released with them? I would like to see it back for the next generation of gamers to experience.:)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    yep, pixar. ive looked for him in the credits countless times, but i just cant figure out wtf he does there.

He's credited in Cars as a story artist, I believe. He's also hiding in other recent films' credits, but I don't remember where. Check special thanks?
  • edited April 2010
    Steve, I must ask, after Lucasarts canceled their adventure genre and made you leave, and after all these years, do you miss your glory days? And today, more classics are being released from them. Would you like your game to be released with them? I would like to see it back for the next generation of gamers to experience.:)

Don't you mean "would you like your games to be released with them"?
  • edited April 2010
    Here you go! Questions answered. Thanks to all who submitted.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    He's credited in Cars as a story artist, I believe. He's also hiding in other recent films' credits, but I don't remember where. Check special thanks?
    He also did the voice of Carl in this short. XD
  • edited April 2010
    I'm pretty sure he did the voice of the tractors in Cars as well.
  • edited April 2010
    Hooray for 3 questions answered! Would love to do something new, eh...?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.