Steve Purcell answers your questions!

2»

Comments

• edited May 2010
    stevepurcell.jpg

What is this Max figure Steve is holding?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Pinchpenny wrote: »
    Here you go! Questions answered.

Yaaay, he watches Survivor! That makes me feel slightly less guilty about my guilty TV secret. :p
  • edited May 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    stevepurcell.jpg

I'm curious about that too. Especially since it looks like it's modeled off of "late 80s" Max. (I have a fondness for early!butterball!Max, for some reason.)
  • edited May 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    stevepurcell.jpg

I forget the term for them, but it's common in studio animation to have scale models like that to reference from different angles, to maintain a consistent look for the characters as they're being drawn by different artists. I would guess that's what he has there, probably from the TV show, it may well be one of a kind.
  • edited May 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I forget the term for them, but it's common in studio animation to have scale models like that to reference from different angles, to maintain a consistent look for the characters as they're being drawn by different artists. I would guess that's what he has there, probably from the TV show, it may well be one of a kind.

You would be describing maquettes. :) And yeah ... it doesn't quite look like the Max we see in the cartoon, but it's still a possibility.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.