Sam & Max pre-order forum issues

David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
edited June 2010 in Site Support
Hola, Devil's Playhouse preorderers!

We're having some issues with our exclusive pre-order forum adding robot. We'll hopefully get it fixed by tomorrow, and your account should be added automatically once we sort it out. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    It's working now, but anyone who wants to get into it will have to follow the link located in their "Confirmation for Telltale Games order" email, it's near the bottom.
  • edited March 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    It's working now, but anyone who wants to get into it will have to follow the link located in their "Confirmation for Telltale Games order" email, it's near the bottom.

It still isn't working for me...
  • edited March 2010
    It worked for me, although I have no idea why.
  • edited March 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    It still isn't working for me...

That's odd, I clicked the link several hours ago, it didn't work, then I just recently tried to get into the forums again, still said I didn't have authorization, went back and clicked the link again, and it worked right away.
  • edited March 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    That's odd, I clicked the link several hours ago, it didn't work, then I just recently tried to get into the forums again, still said I didn't have authorization, went back and clicked the link again, and it worked right away.

Yeah, it worked for me...I had to restart my computer, but it worked.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh no! I want to see what's going on!
  • edited April 2010
    I've just played through The Penal Zone and wanted to have a look at the Dispatch forum, but apparently I'm not allowed in there :(
    The link in my preoder confirmation mail, it does nothing!
    Sorry about the thread necromancy as well :)
  • edited April 2010
    I guess I will still not get to see the private forum since I ordered today (no longer preorder).
  • edited April 2010
    sent email to support and awaiting there reply thanks
  • edited April 2010
    Kalurak wrote: »
    The link in my preoder confirmation mail, it does nothing!
    That's because you are, most likely, too late.
    Why didn't you press the link earlier (as in, before the launch of 301)?

^ You probably want to edit out your order number AND e-mail adress (privacy, security, whatever)... and you likely have more success sooner if you just send in a ticket to support...
  • edited April 2010
    I preordered but didn't notice the link was in the order confirmation - it's the last place I would look for it. Now I can't access the forum.

I has a sad :( Anything we can do?
  • edited April 2010
    That's because you are, most likely, too late.
    Why didn't you press the link earlier (as in, before the launch of 301)?

Because it never occurred to me that extra link clicking would be required until I actually tried to enter the forum.
  • edited April 2010
    Well, the only thing you can do now is sending a ticket to support and hope you're lucky...
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys, sorry that this isn't working right! We're looking into a fix right now.
    edited April 2010
    Okay, that link should now function for pre-order people--that is, folks who completed their The Devil's Playhouse purchase by noon Pacific on April 15!
  • edited April 2010
    Still doesn't work for me.

One possible reason why: I ordered the game, but did not create a forum username. Now that the game is released, I created a forum username. Clicking on the link in my original order email just takes me to the main forum list page.

Edit: what the heck, now it works? Ok, whatever... please ignore me!
  • edited April 2010
    Hey David, I know it isn't standard operating procedure, but I preordered the very first day it was available on PSN and I was wondering if I could get added to the preorderer's forum? At the time of the preorders opening up, I didn't have a computer to play S&M on, or I would have bought it there. I got one with a capable GPU the day S&M S3 was released, which of course was too late to get it preordered on PC.
  • edited April 2010
    Kinda late for me to be saying this, but thanks for fixing the issue!
  • edited April 2010
    Hola!

I'm joining the club with the guys who have problems getting inside the pre-order section of Devil's Playhouse.

Any idea why I cannot inside?
  • edited April 2010
    Hya I´ve preorderd the devils playhouse on 13th april but I can't acces the private forum... Is this the right place to ask if it can be fixed? :P

Thanx in advance! :D
  • edited May 2010
    Doesn't work for me either. Also i never clicked on that email link that people are talking about and i delete emails as soon as i read them. must have not noticed that link click. but still i'm sure i preordered
  • edited May 2010
    Doesn't work for me either. Also i never clicked on that email link that people are talking about and i delete emails as soon as i read them. must have not noticed that link click. but still i'm sure i preordered

Emailing support would be your best bet for a quick resolution of this, assuming they don't see this post.
    edited May 2010
    Whoa, sorry for the delay, guys! Let me catch up...
    Eagle wrote: »
    Hya I´ve preorderd the devils playhouse on 13th april but I can't acces the private forum... Is this the right place to ask if it can be fixed? :P

Thanx in advance! :D
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    Kinda late for me to be saying this, but thanks for fixing the issue!

Looks like you guys are already in the correct user group. You ought to be able to see the Dispatch forum on the list.
    Hola!

I'm joining the club with the guys who have problems getting inside the pre-order section of Devil's Playhouse.

Any idea why I cannot inside?

You guys now have access to the private forum!
    atm153 wrote: »
    Hey David, I know it isn't standard operating procedure, but I preordered the very first day it was available on PSN and I was wondering if I could get added to the preorderer's forum? At the time of the preorders opening up, I didn't have a computer to play S&M on, or I would have bought it there. I got one with a capable GPU the day S&M S3 was released, which of course was too late to get it preordered on PC.

No problem.
  • edited May 2010
    btw: will the forum ever get closed and readable for everyone (Like the private ToMI-forum) because I ordered a few days to late to get access to it and would really like to be able to read the threads in there.
  • edited May 2010
    I want to know when it will close so i can have the last post and have my name there forever
  • edited May 2010
    IF it gets closed it will probably be done only after the 5th episode, so there is still a long wait for you (both)...
  • edited May 2010
    I've pre-ordered TDP, but can't access the prvate forums...
    edited May 2010
    I've pre-ordered TDP, but can't access the prvate forums...

Added!
  • edited June 2010
    Same problem in here. Bought the complete collection yesterday.
  • edited June 2010
    atm153 wrote: »

Entirely the same situation for me! Can I be added?
  • edited June 2010
    still waiting
  • edited June 2010
    lackoo wrote: »

buying yesterday is not preordering. you will not get access.
    edited June 2010
    still waiting
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    buying yesterday is not preordering. you will not get access.

Hey lackoo,

Yeah, sorry, that forum's an exclusive bonus for people who bought the game during the pre-order period (before the first episode was released).
  • edited June 2010
    What about me? Can I be added?
    edited June 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    What about me? Can I be added?

Check your PMs, tabstis.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks a lot!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    I pre-ordered sam and max 3 when I ordered a whole load of monkey island things when the disc content for it first got released (I still check the mail every day when I get home from work in hopes its been delivered...still nothing yet :( ).

I'm not a regular forum visitor but decided to check out the special forum today for those that pre-ordered to see what was in there only to find I don't have permission... please can this be sorted out as curiosity has gotten to me

Thanks
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Did you click on the link to the special forum that was in the order confirmation e-mail?
  • edited June 2010
    :o teehee because I ordered it with a whole load of things I never scrolled down to the end of that email so never even seen that link
    Thank you...I feel silly now so I will dance off to see the hidden treasures :guybrush:
    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.