Sam & Max On PS3

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
What is your opinion on Sam & Max on The Playstation 3

Comments

• edited March 2010
    I'm happy about it!
  • edited March 2010
    great, cant wait to preorder it on psn as long as we dont get the same treatment Wii users got with Tales. Ill buy it on PC if I have to wait a month longer for each episode.
    Can anyone from Telltale give any kind of indication as to how long we are gonna have to wait? within a week or on a similar timescale to tales?
  • edited March 2010
    I think it's great that the PS3 is getting a little adventure games love. First Monkey Island 2, and now this! :D

But I think I'll get it for the PC instead, since that's where I have the other seasons. I prefer to have all my game franchises on one system if I can help it. :p
  • edited March 2010
    As long as it doesn't negatively affect the PC release in any way, I don't care! =D
  • edited March 2010
    I didn't see a 360 logo in the trailer. Will this come out on XBLA like the previous two seasons; is there a way to preorder Season 3 on the Xbox and get the preorder bonuses?
  • edited March 2010
    <-one happy PS3 owner .. Ecstatic!
  • edited March 2010
    As long as it doesn't negatively affect the PC release in any way, I don't care! =D

This isn't the Wii we're talking about, the PS3 limit is the same as the 360 limit I think, so it has up to 2GB PER EPISODE to play with! As for graphics and sound, the PS3 doesn't have to worry! ;)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    5GB actually, but who's counting?
  • edited March 2010
    Will wrote: »
    5GB actually, but who's counting?

Downloads are 5GB? I have not read over the specs in ages, so they've brought that in line with a games default Install Limit (not including extra installed DLC). Well that's good of Sony, more room to play around with. care to reveal any PS3 information such as Resolution and AA? ;)
    edited March 2010
    You know, I'm a very old fashioned PC gamer at heart, but this is the first one of our games where I would honestly consider playing on the console rather than the PC. Seriously! And that's not to slight the PC version in any way.
  • edited March 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    This isn't the Wii we're talking about, the PS3 limit is the same as the 360 limit I think, so it has up to 2GB PER EPISODE to play with! As for graphics and sound, the PS3 doesn't have to worry! ;)
    I was actually thinking more in terms of release schedule, and any "designing toward the PS3 audience", as though a game that's fun for PC owners would not also be fun for PS3 owners, leading to a dumbing down of the final product.

Rather minor worries in the back of my mind, really. Everything sounds like they're doing everything right with this sequel.
    You know, I'm a very old fashioned PC gamer at heart, but this is the first one of our games where I would honestly consider playing on the console rather than the PC. Seriously! And that's not to slight the PC version in any way.
    If necessary, I'll plug my computer into the television screen and use a gamepad. PC all the way, and of course your store all the way.
  • edited March 2010
    I was actually thinking more in terms of release schedule, and any "designing toward the PS3 audience", as though a game that's fun for PC owners would not also be fun for PS3 owners, leading to a dumbing down of the final product.

Rather minor worries in the back of my mind, really. Everything sounds like they're doing everything right with this sequel.

That's a somewhat generalization I'm a PS3 owner, and would hate for it to be dumbed down, previous games were not dumbed down for the consoles, besides the PlayStation was friendly with Adventure games, the PS1 era had the Discworld series and the first two Broken Sword games, not forgetting latest releases like Heavy Rain! Sure each console has their "w00t FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS FUCK YEAH!" side but there's also a wide audience who like other games.
  • edited March 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    That's a somewhat generalization I'm a PS3 owner, and would hate for it to be dumbed down...
    I'm not generalizing the console audience. I really don't care what box you launch your software from. It's more a niggling worry that Telltale will make the error, and adjust their game for the perceived benefit of an audience that doesn't include me.

It's a really, really, really small worry on my part. Like, I don't think it will happen, by any means, and I'm sure enough to pre-order Devil's Playhouse without reservations. It's just that, when asked "What do you think of the PS3 release?", I gotta say:

I am not buying on that machine. Please don't let a release on that machine affect my experience too much. Thanks, guys.
    edited March 2010
    Like, I don't think it will happen
    It didn't.
    Please don't let a release on that machine affect my experience too much. Thanks, guys.

Also did not. If anything it pushed the graphics forward a bit, but in terms of gameplay? Nothing I can think of.
  • edited March 2010
    What are the differences between the PS3 and PC versions? Will the PS3 version be in 1920x1080?
    Will the game be released in PSN only or can we buy the whole season on disc later?
  • edited March 2010
    I own a PS3 but I'm still sticking to the PC version, can't really force myself to play an adventure game with a controller :P

Nevertheless I'm still happy for all the console gamers out there
  • edited March 2010
    iDarbert wrote: »
    I own a PS3 but I'm still sticking to the PC version, can't really force myself to play an adventure game with a controller :P

Well, I'm on PC, but I'm actually considering buying a controller, as both W&G and Tales controls got very good feedback from those people who played them with one.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm so excited! :D That means it will have trophies too! So is Season one and two coming along as well?
  • edited March 2010
    Now i'm just waiting for the pricing on the UK PSN store :-)
  • edited March 2010
    Will the game be in 1080p resolution?
  • edited March 2010
    Just got a PS3 for the first time a little after Christmas.

Does anyone know if a PS3 pre-order (if it exists) will get us some of those great Elite Force specials?
  • edited March 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    Maybe no 1080... probably 720, but that would be awesome if it was in full 1080p. Kudos to Telltale if they do that because not many games are at the moment.
  • edited March 2010
    Sammy wrote: »
    IGN says yes.
    edited March 2010
    Yes, it will output at 1080p. If you want to get really technical, we are rendering in 720 and then upscaling to 1080. But it definitely outputs in 1080.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, it will output at 1080p. If you want to get really technical, we are rendering in 720 and then upscaling to 1080. But it definitely outputs in 1080.

Yes can we get technical? I love reading up on how developers take on the PS3 as there seem to be many many different methods to suit each team out there. Have TellTale looked into the SPU side of things? Many developers these days are taking advantage with offloading graphical details such as particle rendering onto the SPU instead of the GPU, other teams such as EA have even got their own method of AA that runs off the SPU freeing up space on the GPU. What approach is TellTale taking?
  • edited March 2010

Sweet, will it select 1080i (that's the limit of my 26" Sony Bravia HDTV) or will I need to force it.
    edited March 2010
    Too technical for my blood I'm afraid. Or rather, I know what you are talking about, I just don't know the answer and our programmers are too busy right now for me to ask.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, I'm actually going to play a Telltale game at launch! And apparently there will be preorders for the PS3 version... this is awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    If I pre-order the PS3 version, do I get access to the Freelance Police forum and the avatars and wallpaper and such? :confused:
  • edited March 2010
    Bout time, you people almost made me buy an Xbox just so that I could earn achievments.
  • edited March 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Bout time, you people almost made me buy an Xbox just so that I could earn achievments.

Oh yeah, the PS3 version will have Trophies I assume. :p
  • edited March 2010
    Any word if Season 1&2 will be making their way to the PSN and Mac?
  • edited March 2010
    So I'll just get the PC version then. It'll probably support true 1920x1080.
  • edited March 2010
    FearMonkey wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the PS3 version will have Trophies I assume. :p
    All PSN/PS3 are required to have trophies now, so it will :)
  • edited March 2010
    oicu812 wrote: »
    Any word if Season 1&2 will be making their way to the PSN and Mac?
    That would be nice to know as i like both Platforms.
    ... as though a game that's fun for PC owners would not also be fun for PS3 owners, leading to a dumbing down of the final product.
    It's more a niggling worry that Telltale will make the error, and adjust their game for the perceived benefit of an audience that doesn't include me.
    It's just that, when asked "What do you think of the PS3 release?", I gotta say:

I am not buying on that machine. Please don't let a release on that machine affect my experience too much. Thanks, guys.
    Hey, i played Maniac Mansion on the C64, Monkey Island 1&2, Zack Mc Cracken and Loom on the AMIGA and later on The Dig, Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island 3 on a PC. Now i'm willing to buy Sam&Max on the PS3 and/or MAC. I know what happens if you put the hamster in the microwave oven and where to find gas for the chainsaw, so i do not think you will have to worry too much. :)

Oh boy i'm old... :D
  • edited March 2010
    Just got a PS3 for the first time a little after Christmas.

Does anyone know if a PS3 pre-order (if it exists) will get us some of those great Elite Force specials?

I can't really confirm it, but I would assume no.

It's possible the PS3 order will give you access to themes and avatars instead though, but these things tend to be seperate purchases on the PS3 and 360.
  • edited March 2010
    I just watched the trailer and saw the end of it with the PSN writing and thought "Holy Crap" I didn't think I would see an adventure game on PSN but I'm guessing Blue Toad Murder Files have done well and seeing how the remakes of Monkey Island 1&2 are coming as well, good times for my PS3 :D.
    Can't wait to see how it all turns out, Sam & Max on my PS3 is going to be sweeett!!
  • edited March 2010

Read: 720p game, upscaled. Not true 1080p, sorry :P

Which is a shame... I really don't get what the big problem is with 1080p on the PS3, but as others have commented developers just don't seem able to push it that far.

I will definitely be buying on the PC only!
  • edited March 2010
    Are there going to be trophies for individual episodes, or is it going to be one big set for the whole season?
  • edited March 2010
    Are you going to release it in France?
    Or is it a UK/US only release?
    I would love to get it on day one on my PS3!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.