Sam & Max On PS3

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    serializer wrote: »
    Read: 720p game, upscaled. Not true 1080p, sorry :P

Which is a shame... I really don't get what the big problem is with 1080p on the PS3, but as others have commented developers just don't seem able to push it that far.

I will definitely be buying on the PC only!

You have to remember that this is TellTales first time with the PS3, however I did expect the game to be native 1080p, not to dis-credit TellTale but their engine isn't exactly with the likes of God Of War and Uncharted in terms of graphics! Which both run at 720p native as well! The reason I assume for now is that TellTale is doing a basic job on the engine, just unloading it onto the GPU and having the full calculations and rendering effects done there to instead of the SPU's that more experienced developers are doing.
  • edited March 2010
    Winckle wrote: »
    Are you going to release it in France?
    Or is it a UK/US only release?
    I would love to get it on day one on my PS3!

It is a worldwide release.
  • edited March 2010
    If any Telltale staff care to respond, I'd really like some assurance before I pre-order that the graphics on PS3 will be as good as the maxed-out PC version with a smooth framerate. The following article says that they noticed some stuttering at GDC, although I guess it didn't look as bad as the lip-syncing problems with the 360 versions.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1076816p1.html
  • BenBen Former Telltale Staff
    edited March 2010
    The PS3 graphics are the same as the highest PC/Mac setting. We did spend a fair amount of effort trying to smooth out the frame rate across all platforms, focusing on the PS3. There still may be a hitch from time to time, especially before playing a dialog sequence, but it should be a significant improvement over our past efforts.
  • edited March 2010
    Ben, thanks for the info, that's great news! My gf is so excited about the new game, even our two cats are named Sam and Max! We'll be plunking down our hard-earned for the PS3 version...and keeping our fingers crossed for less compressed voice audio, where the S's sound normal and you can crank up the volume...
  • edited April 2010
    Wow, I'm so excited! :D That means it will have trophies too! So is Season one and two coming along as well?

Because playing video games just isn't worth it unless you get a useless message popping up on the screen every few seconds to tell you that you've been awarded nothing for scoring 1,000 points. Personally, I hate trophies/achievements. They're pointless and distracting. The only game I've played so far that actually took advantage of the new trophy/achievement system was Soul Calibur 4, which actually unlocks some of the secret equipment if you earn enough trophies, giving you a few alternate routes to unlocking everything.
  • edited April 2010
    Because playing video games just isn't worth it unless you get a useless message popping up on the screen every few seconds to tell you that you've been awarded nothing for scoring 1,000 points. Personally, I hate trophies/achievements. They're pointless and distracting. The only game I've played so far that actually took advantage of the new trophy/achievement system was Soul Calibur 4, which actually unlocks some of the secret equipment if you earn enough trophies, giving you a few alternate routes to unlocking everything.

Then you might like the Sam & Max ones as it will require you to talk to everyone, examining everything and use certain devices in all areas. One even for replaying the game and finding a secret object that can only be found once you finish the game for the first time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.