Season 3 pre-order Freelance Police Badge

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Hi everyone,

I already posted this idea in the VIP welcome thread, but I thought it could use it's own topic.

I was thinking about the Monkey Island slip cover as an exclusive pre-order bonus, and I started thinking about Sam and Max.
What would be a great idea for a pre-order bonus... and then it hit me!
A real Freelance Police badge!

Of course this is all pure speculation, but the idea of a Freelance Police badge as a pre-order bonus would be the best ever!
I know I'd pre-order, if I hadn't already!

So, what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Has an official badge ever been made?
    I ask this because I found this banner on the Sam and Max website:
    Click here
  • edited March 2010
    An official badge design has been made and occasionally shows up, but I don't think there has ever been an actual physical badge of it. But here's a good look:
    Freelance_Police_badge_%28cartoon%29.png
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    An official badge design has been made and occasionally shows up, but I don't think there has ever been an actual physical badge of it. But here's a good look:

Back cover of Surfing the Highway Reprint Paperback.
  • edited March 2010
    Actually there was an official badge made of it, it graces the cover of the re release of hit the highway, that graces the back cover of the re release of surfing the highway.

Edit: I am totaly up for next all we need to do, is get t-shirts, and become official not so official freelance police fan club.
  • edited March 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actually there was an official badge made of it, it graces the cover of the re release of hit the highway, that graces the back cover of the re release of surfing the highway.

Edit: I am totaly up for next all we need to do, is get t-shirts, and become official not so official freelance police fan club.

I already said that a good half an hour earlier, with not so many repetitions or words. I like the fan club! but we need badges first...
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I've seen the badge design before. But this is the first time I've seen a physical one!
    And I'm all for the official not so official freelance police fan club.
    But first we need badges! We do need some stinkin' badges! :D
  • edited March 2010
    Badges?! We dont need no stinkin badges!!

What we need are permanent Freelance Police tattoos, ala Judge Dredd.
  • edited March 2010
    Sure we do, it's makes official...so then we can go around and bust perps, and eat Mcguffins, in our horribly trashed office, and then...drive around in a desoto.
  • edited March 2010
    ...in a desoto you say?

Would we get an official Sam&Max firearm? :rolleyes:
  • edited March 2010
    Where would you keep it?
  • edited March 2010
    In our official Sam&Max holster?

The merchandising possibilities are endless! :cool:
  • edited March 2010
    Badges?! We dont need no stinkin badges!!

I agree! We don't need no badges. Quite the opposite, actually: we need some badges.

I'd be unable to make any but if you make some I want one please.
  • edited March 2010
    Me too!
    But it would probably be best if Telltale grabbed this marketing oppertunity and blessed us with BADGESSS!
  • edited March 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    Where would you keep it?

That's none of your stinking business computer Joop.
  • edited March 2010
    Wow, I´ve been hackled in a Sam and Max sorta way.
    I feel so part of the community right now... :')
  • edited March 2010
    Add it to the list of "Sam & Max 'cheap touristy crap we don't need' merchandise that we need but hasn't been made for some completely uncomprehensible reason", just under "Sam & Max plush toys".

I'd certainly buy one.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd like to mention that I would pay cash money for a badge far sooner than I'd pay cash money for a plush toy. No idea why Sam and Max plush toys have 0% appeal to me. Maybe it's because I'm a manly man that does manly things.
  • edited March 2010
    Harald B wrote: »

It annoys me greatly that I can't find a template with an eagle top shield and a star.
  • edited March 2010
    I'd prefer a badge over a plush toy!
    Does this mean I'm a manly man too?
  • edited March 2010
    If you buy the Sam & Max Animated DVD set, it comes with a Sticker of the badge (with Sam and Max's faces on it). Or at least it did when I bought it :)
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, I've got that one too.
    But have you ever had an officer of the law say to you, "halt you're under arrest!" and show you a sticker?
    He'd need a real badge! We need a real badge!
  • edited March 2010
    Well if you go around showing a badge to people, you don't get the same reaction as if you go around showing a plush toy.
    So it really depends on your goal which would be more useful to you.
  • edited March 2010
    Good point...
    I just think I just need a badge to go with my testosteron filled manlyness...
    (Or maybe to feel more secure about myself....)
  • edited March 2010
    I'm telling you these badges will be awesome for two simple reasons, it can let us in to crime scenes, and we can go around and "Collect Evidence'' And or mutter things like. " I cant use that here and such, it would be awesome!
  • edited March 2010
    I'm telling you these badges will be awesome for two simple reasons, it can let us in to crime scenes, and we can go around and "Collect Evidence'' And or mutter things like. " I cant use that here and such, it would be awesome!
    Note to Telltale: Be sure to put a liability notice on these things if you make them.
  • edited March 2010
    Note to Telltale: Be sure to make them.

Fixed. ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I wouldn't mind a Sam & Max Police Badge :)

In fact, I'd want it to say "Ask me about Sam & Max Season 3"
  • edited March 2010
    You know alot of the things we wished for with ToMI came true.... Like a map and Voodoo cards... So I think its very possible a badge could end up available for purchase.
  • edited March 2010
    zmally wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a Sam & Max Police Badge :)

In fact, I'd want it to say "Ask me about Sam & Max Season 3"

They could make a badge like that. But they shouldn't put it on the Freelance Police badge.
  • edited March 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    They could make a badge like that. But they shouldn't put it on the Freelance Police badge.

Agreed. it should look like the one on the back of surfing the highway. because its been proven that you CAN make one like that, because it is a real badge! I don't want a cheesy badge that basically advertises something. I want THE REAL THING!
  • edited March 2010
    Yeah, just the one we saw in the Surfin' the Highway book.
    I do like the bitemark and bullet hole idea though, but it would have to be done stylefully.
    Or maybe they could vary! Some would have nothing, some bullet holes, some bitemarks and some both!
  • edited March 2010
    and some people could just get a half eaten corndog
  • edited March 2010
    Or a dead weasel on a stick. ^^
    Or a melted ice cream bar. ^^
    Or one of those mariachi frogs. ^^
    Or a real gun. ^^
  • edited March 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    and some people could just get a half eaten corndog

So your the peddler of counterfit carnival food, I knew it had to be someone...on these forums.
  • edited March 2010
    So your the peddler of counterfit carnival food, I knew it had to be someone...on these forums.

Let's put rats in his shoes while he's sleaping!
  • edited March 2010
    TBH I'd like to have some toys like these rather than Q&A threads. Well, simply because I'm out of all questions and I just want to play Season Three before thinking of new questions.
  • edited March 2010
    Never cross the man in charge of your food
  • edited March 2010
    I'll cross any man who stands in my way, and I'll even go out of my way to cross counterfit carnaval food peddlers.
  • edited March 2010
    Here is the closest I could get it at that site..... cost $60
    http://www.officerstore.com/store/buildit.cfm

smb.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.