Sam & Max Officially Moved Up!

edited March 2010 in Sam & Max
I was wondering about this earlier today... now its happened!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    confused me at first, knew something was different but it took a minute to sink in.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes, I was confused too. I scroll down to find the Sam and Max forum and voilà! Monkey Island. The hell?
  • edited March 2010
    It only makes sense, this being the current project right now, n' all.
  • edited March 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    It only makes sense, this being the current project right now, n' all.

I know it's make sense. I'm just too used to scroll down to that certain part of the forum because my brain still think that spot is Sam and Max's.

It's like when somebody went and change the "My PC" Icon for a "Shutdown" one which actually works. Only less painful.
  • edited March 2010
    I absentmindedly found myself in Private Pirates rather than Police Dispatch.
  • edited March 2010
    I absentmindedly found myself in Private Pirates rather than Police Dispatch.

See?
  • edited March 2010
    Ah, the profits of only using "new posts"...
  • edited March 2010
    What is this?
    Why is there a Sam and Max topic-- why are there ONLY Sam and Max topics in my Monkey Island forum??

Oh wait...
  • edited March 2010
    Guinea wrote: »
    What is this?
    Why is there a Sam and Max topic-- why are there ONLY Sam and Max topics in my Monkey Island forum??

Oh wait...

I did this today. Three times in a row. I just couldn't find the Sam and Max forum no matter how hard I tried.
  • edited March 2010
    And not only just here, also in the Your Games folder.

You know, one thing i like about the episodic gaming is that once you bought a season you have the feeling: Wow, i'll get an armada of games in the future and you almost instantly feel better by scrolling a long time up and down through all those games. Btw. did the icons for the Bones games dissapear or were there ever any?
  • edited March 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    And not only just here, also in the Your Games folder.

You know, one thing i like about the episodic gaming is that once you bought a season you have the feeling: Wow, i'll get an armada of games in the future and you almost instantly feel better by scrolling a long time up and down through all those games. Btw. did the icons for the Bones games dissapear or were there ever any?
    A lot of the files Telltale hosts on their site are having issues right now. By "files", I mean things like pictures and MP3 sample tracks.
  • edited March 2010
    I did this today. Three times in a row. I just couldn't find the Sam and Max forum no matter how hard I tried.

That's called spatial memory. You memorize where's the stuff and no how is the stuff.

Anyway, I'm used to read the titles always before enter anything. That make me realize I was about to enter the Monkey Island Forum
  • edited March 2010
    I'm confused now lol. I automatically scroll down to Sam and Max Season 3, and now I overshoot it.
  • edited March 2010
    Yes. Back up to the top where it belongs.

The forums should be arranged according to my preferences and my preferences alone. Obviously.
  • edited March 2010
    It threw me off... I clicked and was all "this doesn't look like the Monkey Island board"
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry guys, but, I'm glad to see how the half of the User Interface Theory I learn is true ^^!
  • edited March 2010
    Omg, I'm so confused...I think I'm in the right forum...when the hell did this get moved up.
  • edited March 2010
    It's like, a giant hand picked the Sam & Max Forums and threw it to the heavens, where it eventually hit Saturn, dropped, bounced off of the General Chat forums, and settled nicely beneath.

Kinda.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    That's called spatial memory. You memorize where's the stuff and no how is the stuff.

Anyway, I'm used to read the titles always before enter anything. That make me realize I was about to enter the Monkey Island Forum

My memory does do weird things a lot. I tend to be very absent minded too.
  • edited March 2010
    BadStrong wrote: »
    It's like, a giant hand picked the Sam & Max Forums and threw it to the heavens, where it eventually hit Saturn, dropped, bounced off of the General Chat forums, and settled nicely beneath.

Kinda.

Deep. And kinda disturbing, too.
  • edited March 2010
    I was confused too, although not for long. When I come on the forums, I Ctrl-click on General Chat, Tales General Chat, Sam&Max general chat and Police Dispatch.
    Then I close the first window, go in the second one (General chat), Ctrl click each subject, and so on.

Anyways, when I did that today, after general chat I clicked on Sam&Max and I was all "wait, how did I miss Tales?" and scrolled back up, and it wasn't there. So I just scrolled down.
    But for a second I thought I had passed Tales without noticing.
  • edited March 2010
    They managed to confuse me. I had been on the forums about half an hour earlier, then quickly came back online to check something, and apparently during my short absence they'd switched.

The Devil's Playhouse thread was the most recently updated thread when I came back on. That was the first thing I saw. Then I thought to check the board name. XD
  • edited March 2010
    I keep forgetting that it's switched. I look down and see new posts, then I realise that I'm looking at Monkey Island. The time that I was trying to look at the board list without wearing my glasses didn't help.
  • edited March 2010
    My memory does do weird things a lot. I tend to be very absent minded too.

Relax. It's totally normal. You will get used eventually.
  • edited March 2010
    My thought the first time I clicked on the Sam & Max Series Discussion forum when I meant to enter the ToMI one: " ... Oh. This is probably where I meant to go anyway."

Then I saw this thread, and realized a *facepalm* was in order.

I'm still not used to it yet. Sigh.
  • edited March 2010
    I came in here to log onto Facebook. What happened?!
  • edited March 2010
    Chuck wrote: »

I'm totally sure I can't make up an explanation for that mister.
  • edited March 2010
    Chuck wrote: »

No, no, you're not being rude enough. You're supposed to insult everyone and say the new facebook sucks.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.