Quick Question

edited March 2010 in Game Support
Hey there Telltale. :) I have a few quick questions to ask both about a game and about the "Setup" files. For starters is it OK to delete the Setup files after you've downloaded a game? I want to do this so my computer might have a bit more space (it's got a good amount on it but it's always good to have some extra space). Which leads me to my second question: My W&G game for episode 4 is acting rather slow in comparison to the other 3 episodes and some graphical details are fairly noticable. I'm just making sure things are working well before The Devil's Playhouse is released. Thanks for your help.

Harukuro

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2010
    Yes you can definitely delete the setup files. You can always redownload them later should you need to reinstall the games.

As for the 4th episode being slow, I can't think of any particular reason for that. I don't think it was particularly more taxing than previous episodes. You might want to check to make sure that your in-game graphics quality setting is set to the same level as your other episode.
  • edited March 2010
    I had that trouble with the episode 4 with my old computer (I have a new one ^^!). For the record, my old computer only has the processor under the specs (I had a 1.8 Ghz processor) and everything else in recomended. Probably is that. (Or something similar)

But, just checking: ToMI first episode has some slowness too when you are at Flotsam Beach? (Can you check that?)
  • edited March 2010
    Bogey Man was a bit rushed, so there are a few graphical glitches.

As for why it's slower, I have no idea.
  • edited March 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I had that trouble with the episode 4 with my old computer (I have a new one ^^!). For the record, my old computer only has the processor under the specs (I had a 1.8 Ghz processor) and everything else in recomended. Probably is that. (Or something similar)

But, just checking: ToMI first episode has some slowness too when you are at Flotsam Beach? (Can you check that?)

Thanks Will for replying so quickly. I figured that would be the case but again better safe than sorry.

As for the Flotsam Beach Ginny, it was a bit slow so I just put the graphic quality down to 3 instead of 1. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed. It must just be my computers graphic capabilities.

Thanks again for the quick replies. :)
  • edited March 2010
    Bogey Man was a bit rushed, so there are a few graphical glitches.

As for why it's slower, I have no idea.

It's look awesome in my new computer anyway. In fact, those two episodes (W&G 4 and ToMI 1) are the ones I used to check out if my new computer was good enough (I just hope I don't have to lower the quality from 9 just because the pointer lag a little...)
    Harukuro wrote: »
    Thanks Nick for replying so quickly. I figured that would be the case but again better safe than sorry.

It was Will, but I don't think it's matter
    Harukuro wrote: »
    As for the Flotsam Beach Ginny, it was a bit slow so I just put the graphic quality down to 3 instead of 1. Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed. It must just be my computers graphic capabilities.

I played all W&G in my old computer in quality 1, and Chapter 4 is indeed the slowest one. I think you have to lower the quality in this chapter also. (If my old computer can be any reference, you can go up in quality in chapters 3, 4, 5 and maybe 2 of ToMI, don't ask me why).

Like I said, the processor was the big problem in my old computer, that was why I had to change the complete computer (I'm not buying a gamer pc, also. I only play TTG games in the PC, so, why?). I had everything else in recomended, so, maybe, you have the processor in minimum and everything else in recomended as well.

(I'm just sharing what happened to me in my old computer, because the issue sound awfully similar. Except by the fact I cannot fix it by lowering the quality :S)
This discussion has been closed.