Sam & Max Secret Origins: Skun'kape

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    sooo, uh... What does teh german mean there, I only speak english, Little spanish, and very bad japanese
  • edited April 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    sooo, uh... What does teh german mean there, I only speak english, Little spanish, and very bad japanese

Nein Est Gebt Keinen Schnitzel = No I will not cook you Schnitzel
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I hope they are treating you well and are not poking you with sharp sticks or anything.

Haha, no, that is ridiculous, everyone is nice around here. We even get free bagels every friday, and later after work, every once in a while, we party around with a good glass of wine and crazy videogame-competitions!!
  • edited April 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Haha, no, that is ridiculous, everyone is nice around here. We even get free bagels every friday, and later after work, every once in a while, we party around with a good glass of wine and crazy videogame-competitions!!

You missed one.
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You missed one.

Missed one? Missed what? Hahaha! (Thanks.)
  • edited April 2010
    Majus wrote: »

call the police
  • edited April 2010
    call the police
    Amazing! You can read!
  • edited April 2010
    This made me really happy. I didn't see this one until today, but I heartily assume it generated the same laughter today as it would have yesterday. Great work, Majus.
  • edited April 2010
    I really enjoyed the Monkey Island videos but this made no sense for me? Don't think it really works with Sam & Max..
  • edited April 2010
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the Monkey Island videos but this made no sense for me? Don't think it really works with Sam & Max..
    Huh? What's not to get? Skunkape was a nerdy kid, got down on his luck, got a crappy job. Got fired from crappy job, was thrown into a rage, and had a science tube and rubix cube turn his brain into science. Now he's headed to earth.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    and had a science tube and rubix cube turn his brain into science.

It's "Rubik's cube" (invented by Erno Rubik)... "Science tube" is the correct technical term for the other thing though.
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    It's "Rubik's cube" (invented by Erno Rubik)...
    Ah, you're right. Thanks for that correction.
    "Science tube" is the correct technical term for the other thing though.
    Well, I'm glad I got SOMETHING right. :D
  • edited April 2010
    (Is it the right time to make an innuendo about "science tube"?)
  • edited April 2010
    Hey! Science tubes are SERIOUS TECHNOMAGIC INSTRUMENTS.

(Yes.)
  • edited April 2010
    Actually I think I let the opportunity slip.

Hehe, slip.
  • edited April 2010
    Huh? What's not to get? Skunkape was a nerdy kid, got down on his luck, got a crappy job. Got fired from crappy job, was thrown into a rage, and had a science tube and rubix cube turn his brain into science. Now he's headed to earth.

Wow, you can sum up a 3 minute plot that's even funnier than the actual video!
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Wow, you can sum up a 3 minute plot that's even funnier than the actual video!
    No I can't. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Nein Est Gebt Keinen Schnitzel = No I will not cook you Schnitzel
    Is that really was it was? I thought it was "Nein, es gibt keinen Schnitzel", which means "no, there is no schnitzel". I think that's more grammatically correct? But I'm not really an expert on German.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm disappointed nobody commented on my "Do you know when you're jurged up your nostrils shatter like a birthing narwhal?", be it only to correct me so I know what Max actually said.

Also, I can never remember where the apostrophe goes in Skun'kape's name.
  • edited April 2010
    Nice animation! Heh, Max's voice made me laugh. XD

I would have sent this comment a few minutes ago, but I got distracted reading and decoding other people's comments...
  • edited April 2010
    What time today is it unlocked?
  • edited April 2010
    Not the thread to ask.
    Avistew wrote: »
    I'm disappointed nobody commented on my "Do you know when you're jurged up your nostrils shatter like a birthing narwhal?", be it only to correct me so I know what Max actually said.
    I would like to know this as well.
    Skun-ka'pe, according to this video. The dash goes first, then the apostrophe.
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Is that really was it was? I thought it was "Nein, es gibt keinen Schnitzel", which means "no, there is no schnitzel". I think that's more grammatically correct? But I'm not really an expert on German.
    Well, the really correct sentence would have been "Nein, es gibt kein Schnitzel.", but I guess Majus already knew that? :D
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Skun-ka'pe, according to this video. The dash goes first, then the apostrophe.

And here I was, respecting the thread title's spelling...
    Looks like the telltale team gets it wrong too :P
  • edited April 2010
    Probably because no one knows what Max really said there (me included).
    Majus?
    Pretty sure it is Skun'Kape... or I have been typo'ing it since the beginning...
  • edited April 2010
    And here I was, respecting the thread title's spelling...
    Looks like the telltale team gets it wrong too :P
    Just going by how the game spells it. I think.

This discrepancy brings up two major possibilities. Either Skun'kape and Skun-ka'pe are two different people in a shocking twist, or Skun'kape is easier to remember and type.
  • edited April 2010
    Sam and Max don't care... reviewing the gameplay trailer it just says "Skunkape".
  • edited April 2010
    I just remember is the Spanish pronunciation of Skunkape, ¡listo!

No really, it's like saying La Esponja Grande, sólo *slap* only now is actually written to be saying in English too in that way. I think.
  • edited April 2010

"Do you know when you're geared up your nostrils shudder like a birthing narwhal?" - it was SO difficult to say it fast and as clear as possible. I was almost convinced that noone will understand it, so you came pretty close :p Congrats! Feel better now? :p

And who said that Max's voice resembles Speedy Gonzales'?! I challenge you to a duel! *insert something in spanish and flamenco to impress*
  • edited April 2010
    And who said that Max's voice resembles Speedy Gonzales'?! I challenge you to a duel! *insert something in spanish and flamenco to impress*

"Ándale Ándale Ándale!" Or at least that it's what he said in the LatinAmerican Dubs of the cartoons.

And, by the way, Speedy Gonzalez is supposed to be Mexican, and Flamenco is a dance from Spain. You need Mariachis for do a good imitation. And Sing this
  • edited April 2010
    "Do you know when you're geared up your nostrils shudder like a birthing narwhal?" - it was SO difficult to say it fast and as clear as possible. I was almost convinced that noone will understand it, so you came pretty close :p Congrats! Feel better now? :p

Yay! Thanks.
    edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    "Ándale Ándale Ándale!" Or at least that it's what he said in the LatinAmerican Dubs of the cartoons.

That's what he says in the English versions too. Does it mean anything?
  • edited April 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    That's what he says in the English versions too. Does it mean anything?

Yes. Acording to word reference (Because, looks like it's an Mexican Eupherism, because in at least Chile is not used) Ándale is a way of incite an action from another person. It's like, if you say something about do something, I can tell you "Ándale" as a way of saying "Do it" or "I wanna see it". (In Chile we use the word "Dale". It's the same =P)
    edited April 2010
    Ándale is a way of incite an action from another person.

Thank you for that, I've always wondered! :)
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it meant "go! go! go!". And that "andar" was a verb or something.
    Obviously, I never bothered to check exactly...

Thanks for the explanation though.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it meant "go! go! go!". And that "andar" was a verb or something.
    Obviously, I never bothered to check exactly...

Thanks for the explanation though.

Comes from "Andar" though. Which is a verb. Sometimes, when we going to do something together, we use "andando" which is the same, but for "we".

And I never bothered to check either =P. I just did it.
  • edited April 2010
    im sad this game is so console driven.
    that aside, there are many issues with sound and graphics bugs that should never have made it out of house.

doh?

why so console driven this run vs last?
  • edited April 2010
    and Flamenco is a dance from Spain. You need Mariachis for do a good imitation.

You are mistaken. I speak flamenco fluently!

...I just don't want to show you, so don't ask!
  • edited April 2010
    You are mistaken. I speak flamenco fluently!

...I just don't want to show you, so don't ask!

But Speedy Gonzalez is still mexican, so you have to sing "El Rey".
Sign in to comment in this discussion.