A Few Bugs Here n There

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Hey there Telltale. I know you guys probably have your hands full due to the recent release of the Devil's Playhouse, but I thought I might drop a line about a few errors I noticed when I was playing the Penal Zone. Note these did not affect my gameplay experience in a negative way, I just want to figure out how I can fix these small errors.
The first (and in my opinion, the only major issue) is the fact that when I load up the game the Telltale logo doesn't appear. I downloaded the game onto two computers and both of them don't have the logo. The second issue is during the intro cutscene where we have a closeup of Sam and Max. The only problem is that Max isn't there. Again this applies to both computers. Again no major problems with the game besides that.
Thanks again for your help. :cool:

Harukuro

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Minor bugs and difficulties I encountered;

In Stinky's Diner, when examining the aquarium, Max can't end his line like'...Stinky'. It gets cut like '...Stinghhg'.

Sometimes, if I ever play for too much, Sam's idle animations start to loop and he starts to look like he's headbanging. Which is actually pretty cool but headbanging to experimental jazz doesn't make me go all "bow-chicka-wow-wow".

And music is too loud. I wanted to listen to music so I just left one bar in the settings but I was still unable to hear some of my friends talking to me on XFire at the same time.
  • edited April 2010
    The only thing that bugs me is how Sam's head gets all Jacob's ladder head shake when he isn't sure what to be looking at.
  • edited April 2010
    I already posted these in the "discussion" post, but it doesn't hurt to add them here.

* Sams head went through the bars! Woo!
    * Those airplane ratling gun sounds sure are annoying.
    * Powers screen occassionally gets stuck, spinning around by itself until I press the button again...
    * Hmmm, some FPS drops when the convo screen comes up. Nothing too bothersome, but noticable.
    * Stink or Stinkys? It does seem Max' line gets cut off.
    * Oh, where is the tongue of the ship? Clipping issues...
    * Hey! Stinky's badge doesn't show up proper... (and clips through his skin when moving when it did show up)
    * New location and Stinky's final line after leaving the Moleroom lack subtitles (could understand the first, not the second).
    * Is Max supposed to defy gravity in the Penal Zone? If not, it's still pretty cool ;).
    * Okay... how do you actually manually save? (*Is* it possible?)
    * Skun-Ka'pe doesn't care if you shoot him in the latest visit to the spaceship? Odd.
    * Ehm, after it was done I clicked the pop-up saying "go here for more" and it brought me to the shop to buy the season (I kind of already did). Was that intended?
  • edited April 2010
    I already posted these in the "discussion" post, but it doesn't hurt to add them here.

* Oh, where is the tongue of the ship? Clipping issues...
    * Is Max supposed to defy gravity in the Penal Zone? If not, it's still pretty cool ;).
    * Okay... how do you actually manually save? (*Is* it possible?)

Yeah I ran into those two problems as well. And you can save, you just need to go to the menu screen then goto save/load click on a box that should say "1" press save, continue and viola!! Hope that helps. :)
  • edited April 2010
    My biggest problem is that everytime I start the game, all of my settings are lost and it defaults to windowed mode. I have to go back in, turn off hints, set graphic settings, etc every time I run it.
  • edited April 2010
    When I played, whenever
    you use future vision on Flint Paper, in one of the shots the axe isn't suck in his head but just floating there

That and one of Max's lines getting cut off which was mentioned earlier was all I noticed. Though i'm not particularly perceptive
  • edited April 2010
    Harukuro wrote: »
    And you can save, you just need to go to the menu screen then goto save/load click on a box that should say "1" press save, continue and viola!! Hope that helps. :)
    Hmmm, don't recall even seeing an "1". Just "A", and when clicking that, nothing happened at all...

Anyway, another small nitpick:
    In the finale the alien brain says "Skunka'pe" instead of "Skun-ka'pe".
  • edited April 2010
    A few buggies, some with explainatory screenshots too!

* "With the remaing toys of... BEHOLD" (something got ommited in the subtitles there)
    * Ending click and drag on reverting Max from bazooka to Max ends with the icon stuck on screen, and suddenly getting a Sam hand as icon.
    bazookamax.th.jpg
    * If you use future vision on Sam just after giving Stinky the lottery ticket, the vision lacks Stinky (since he's also missing from the diner).
    * After re-awakening the brain "Max" topic when talking to Max is white again, but it doesn't contain new stuff?
    * The messed up badge for Grandpa Stinky I mentioned before; now I can confirm it happens because of the first Future vision vision (where he's alone in the mole-processing room, not with Sam&Max).
    wrongbadge.th.jpg
    * I got in the mole-machine, then got Stinky's cell... when I oppened the compartment box, Stinky's cell was in it!
    * If I return to the Pawnshop, there is a pigeon frozen in the air during the opening scene.
    * As has been deducted in another thread, if you teleprt to Momma Bosco from the roof of Bosco's, the game threats you being there even when not for later (think the 2 gorilla's puzzle). Very evident if you click the Desoto to get Max kicked out, then switch to Max vision... you are suddenly on the roof! Also, it makes Max unselectable inside Momma Bosco's.
    * Also, Max can become unavailable at the pawn shop, but that may be an area thing? (like the sewers, Sybil's boxes side)?
    * In Momma Bosco's, standing on a specific spot (at the doorway) turns all the screen in an exit (someone before described this as the elevator being an exit, well, here's why:).
    allexit.th.jpg
    * An extreme minor nitpick, the pulsing of "Max vision" uncovers that this prop is a little too short for FPP:
    maxvisionuncovers.th.jpg
    * Using Future Vision on the inside gorilla may cause some clipping issues:
    monkeykillah.th.jpg
    * 2 examples of "Tongue" clipping issues:
    notongue.th.jpg
    notongueelevator.th.jpg
    * You can launch the Skun-ka'pe attack sequence in Max mode, which has humorous, but probably unintended effects:
    waitwhat.th.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    I had the Flint Paper "floating axe" bug too, but the most consistently annoying one was Sam's head twizzling all over the place.

Also - for some reason around Act 2 - when I got back to the street after my first visit to BoscoTech, framerate dropped drastically.
    It was running like greased butter struck by lightning before that, and it just got worse and worse. After restarting the game it was fine again - but it started again after a while. Alt-tabbing out and back in fixes it. I've got the newest NVidia drivers.
  • edited April 2010
    One thing that just happened to me in (I guess) the very end of the game:
    Just managed to get the homing beacon on Skunkape. Teleported to Stinky:s Diner, then to Momma Bosco:s. The lift is not available (which could be by design) but when I teleport back to the diner, I get the cutscene where Sam picks up the Rift Generator first. It is then back in the inventory even though I already plugged it in down in the moleman temple.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't know if you can consider this a "bug", but the shadows in the Pawn Shop location are a bit strange. Sam and Max shouldn't cast shadows INSIDE the shadow of a building!

Also, I think it's strange that Sam & Max don't cast any shadow when they're on Momma Bosco's roof.

EDIT: I noticed that Sam's headbanging only occurs to me when I use the mouse in "sticky" mode (which I think it's more comfortable than "normal" mode).
  • edited April 2010
    The cammera in Momma Boscos doesn't show the Apes in front of her door when they are knocked out or not.
This discussion has been closed.