Classic Sam & Max things that have returned!

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    The thing about the original Sam voice was that he sounded like a deadpan hardboiled detective from an old film noir, which was perfect and made the absurd dialogue funnier. The current Sam doesn't really have that, and his voice is warm and mellow and has a tendency to undersell everything. It's okay I guess, but even after all this time it just doesn't gel like the way Hit The Road version does, or the way the current Max does.

I'm not far into the new game yet but I am definitely liking the grimey graphics, and general, errrr... 'cinematicity'?
  • edited April 2010
    tredlow wrote: »
    Remind me what he said, please. Someone's using my good computer and I can't replay it.
    He said
    Holy heaping helpings of Herodotus on base with Marshall stacks and a wah-wah pedal!

Another classic throwback I loved, by the way, was Sam doing another "One of us should..." line (meaning Max).
  • edited April 2010
    They also brought back using items to unlock new locations
  • edited April 2010
    Sam: Where do you keep all of your change, Max?

Max:
    In my sock.
  • edited April 2010
    Sam: And where do you keep your sock?
    *pause*
    Max: That's none of your damn business, Sam."
  • edited April 2010
    FireAza wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that season 3 has a lot of classic Sam & Max stuff that we've never seen again up until now?
    The inside view of the inventory box.
  • edited April 2010
    Its very cool and awesome indeed :)
  • edited April 2010
    I prefer the current voice actors.
  • edited April 2010
    Things going on in the background (sort of) and the large amount of rats and pigeons are back from the comic.
  • edited April 2010
    Barnabus wrote: »
    The thing about the original Sam voice was that he sounded like a deadpan hardboiled detective from an old film noir, which was perfect and made the absurd dialogue funnier. The current Sam doesn't really have that, and his voice is warm and mellow and has a tendency to undersell everything. It's okay I guess, but even after all this time it just doesn't gel like the way Hit The Road version does, or the way the current Max does.

I'm not far into the new game yet but I am definitely liking the grimey graphics, and general, errrr... 'cinematicity'?

+1 indeed :) thats really a good way to explain it, hopefully the devs will see this :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.