Momma Bosco: Young Spirit or Elderly Ghoul?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I've noticed that Momma Bosco's ghost went from being elderly in What's New, Beelzebub to looking surprisingly youthful in The Penal Zone. Is there some line of dialog I missed that explains this, or has Momma been clicking those annoying pop-up ads that claim to make you look 20 years younger?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I'm guessing she's gotten better at the whole otherworldly-spirit thing, and aged herself down. Seriously, if you had the choice between looking like a hot 30 year old or a hot 70 year old which would you choose?
  • edited April 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    I'm guessing she's gotten better at the whole otherworldly-spirit thing, and aged herself down. Seriously, if you had the choice between looking like a hot 30 year old or a hot 70 year old which would you choose?
    Good point. Though that might depend on who you ask. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2010

I will be 30 in 6 months... but not the hot kind.
  • edited April 2010
    I hope there's an official explanation of that. I mean, fannon is great and all in the case Telltale doesn't feel like to explain it, but It would be great if there's an official explanation for that.

But for what I'm really hoping is an explanation of why Sam can see Max's visions. I mean, I can understand that is because the thing of been now the two are, in a way, Player Characters, so, what's Sam or Max knows, the player know, and, in a some sort of explanation, is better for the two know in game what the players know, buuuttt I would like an explanation anyway. I would not complain if we don't get an explanation of that, but it's like why Future Max is using that visor, I just want to know, because I'm a fangirl. End of Line.
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    But for what I'm really hoping is an explanation of why Sam can see Max's visions. I mean, I can understand that is because the thing of been now the two are, in a way, Player Characters, so, what's Sam or Max knows, the player know, and, in a some sort of explanation, is better for the two know in game what the players know, buuuttt I would like an explanation anyway. I would not complain if we don't get an explanation of that, but it's like why Future Max is using that visor, I just want to know, because I'm a fangirl. End of Line.

I believe the official explanation given in the game is:
    For some reason
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I will be 30 in 6 months... but not the hot kind.

What? Why would becoming 30 make you un-hot? Especially since most guys look their best in their thirties. :confused:
  • edited April 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    I hope there's an official explanation of that. I mean, fannon is great and all in the case Telltale doesn't feel like to explain it, but It would be great if there's an official explanation for that.

I figured it's just because they're Sam and Max. They more or less share the same existence, so why not psychic powers?
  • edited April 2010
    So Mama Bosco is looking hot? I guess i missed that part completely.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    So Mama Bosco is looking hot? I guess i missed that part completely.

Just look at her eyes! ;)
  • edited April 2010
    It's obvious that she's just dying her hair and got some work done in the facial area. Ectoplasmic cosmetics is a surprisingly thriving industry.
  • edited April 2010
    I'd accept it if there wasn't, but I'd really like to see an explanation for why Sam can see Max's visions. There's some story potential there, I think.
  • edited April 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I believe the official explanation given in the game is:"For some reason"
    Don't forget Sam's shrug :p
  • edited April 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    I've noticed that Momma Bosco's ghost went from being elderly in What's New, Beelzebub to looking surprisingly youthful in The Penal Zone. Is there some line of dialog I missed that explains this, or has Momma been clicking those annoying pop-up ads that claim to make you look 20 years younger?

I don't think that any explanation is needed. While in traditional European folklore (I assume same applies to American folklore too, but I'm not 100% certain) ghosts appear like they were when they died (often showing the wounds etc. which killed them) in modern popular culture ghosts can sometimes change their appearance at will. Most of those works don't bother to explain it either, but just assume that ghosts can control their ethereal form.
  • edited April 2010
    Just look at her eyes! ;)

I prefer looking into Kaa's eyes instead.

JungleBook_2.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    What? Why would becoming 30 make you un-hot?

I think the implication is that un-hotness is a continuing thing from his 20s. But I could be really mistaken =)
  • edited April 2010
    I reckon she just looks better and more like a scientist in her Chariots of the Dogs get-up than how she looked in the final episode of season two. Plus you need to remember she'd only just died in the latter and personal appearance can't have been a high priority on her agenda. To top all that, she appears in each episode how we'd pretty much expect/want to see her.

Telltale know what they're doing. ;)

P.S. The hair's gone from her legs as well. The only part of her still ugly as f***.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.